Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,430

    Future core looks scary

    If y'all stay together, in the next few years Sacramento could have a scary core with Davion Off Night Mitchell, De Aaron Fox, Tyrese Haliburton and Marvin Bagley III assuming he ain't injured and he plays to his actual potential as a big man. Buddy Hield may be the odd man out.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    83,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If y'all stay together, in the next few years Sacramento could have a scary core with Davion Off Night Mitchell, De Aaron Fox, Tyrese Haliburton and Marvin Bagley III assuming he ain't injured and he plays to his actual potential as a big man. Buddy Hield may be the odd man out.
    Gotta see it to believe it.

    We've been through Tyreke/Cousins/Trob, Isaiah/Cousins/Gay, then we had Cousins/WCS/McLemore.. More recently Fox/Buddy/Bagley/Giles/Bogdan... now it's Fox/Haliburton/Mitchell.

    Listen it's fun to say things look good on paper, but that doesn't always happen. Chances are the Kings will suck. Just the way it is.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    916
    Posts
    6,477
    I think the Kings are one big piece away from being a playoff team. The big question is how to we get that big piece. If Monte can find a way to turn Buddy/Bagley/future 1st into an above average starting forward, our lineup will be pretty solid. The other possibility is that Bagley stays healthy and takes a jump this year - which I still see as possible.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent008 View Post
    I think the Kings are one big piece away from being a playoff team. The big question is how to we get that big piece. If Monte can find a way to turn Buddy/Bagley/future 1st into an above average starting forward, our lineup will be pretty solid. The other possibility is that Bagley stays healthy and takes a jump this year - which I still see as possible.
    I feel the same way....I do think we should at least get into the play in game this year. The Kings team doesn't look much different right now from the team that finished last season but it does look a lot different than the team we started last season. Last season we started with no depth, we had to trade a bunch of 2nd round picks at the deadline to get depth. Add to the mix Fox and Haliburton have a extra season of experience.

    I don't think we lose much by playing Terrance Davis over Buddy Hield. Hield has a quick release and can drain threes consistently from anywhere, we can't replace that but Terrance Davis improves our defense over Hield and Davis is no slouch in scoring or shooting.

    If we make no more moves which I think we will, but lets play the no move scenario. I think Bagley is the key. We know what we got from the rest of the team, but Bagley is the wild card with upside potential.

    I am still on the bandwagon for trading Hield in a scenario that gets us Kuzma and Harrell. I am not a huge fan of either but they fit the Kings offense and I think Harrell would be a good backup to Holmes. Kuzma could be a big scorer in our offense.

    I think Tristan Thompson is a waste. I don't dislike Thompson I just don't see how he fits on the Kings and we have 4 centers.

    I think a lineup with Fox, Haliburton, Barnes, Kuzma, and Holmes with Davis, Mitchell, and Harrell would be strong if Bagley starts looking like the guy we saw season 1 before the injury. Bagley has a lot of incentive this season, this is a contract year. I hope he was working on his game in the off season.
    Last edited by Plague; 08-22-2021 at 04:25 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Golden 1 Center
    Posts
    83,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I feel the same way....I do think we should at least get into the play in game this year. The Kings team doesn't look much different right now from the team that finished last season but it does look a lot different than the team we started last season. Last season we started with no depth, we had to trade a bunch of 2nd round picks at the deadline to get depth. Add to the mix Fox and Haliburton have a extra season of experience.

    I don't think we lose much by playing Terrance Davis over Buddy Hield. Hield has a quick release and can drain threes consistently from anywhere, we can't replace that but Terrance Davis improves our defense over Hield and Davis is no slouch in scoring or shooting.

    If we make no more moves which I think we will, but lets play the no move scenario. I think Bagley is the key. We know what we got from the rest of the team, but Bagley is the wild card with upside potential.

    I am still on the bandwagon for trading Hield in a scenario that gets us Kuzma and Harrell. I am not a huge fan of either but they fit the Kings offense and I think Harrell would be a good backup to Holmes. Kuzma could be a big scorer in our offense.

    I think Tristan Thompson is a waste. I don't dislike Thompson I just don't see how he fits on the Kings and we have 4 centers.

    I think a lineup with Fox, Haliburton, Barnes, Kuzma, and Holmes with Davis, Mitchell, and Harrell would be strong if Bagley starts looking like the guy we saw season 1 before the injury. Bagley has a lot of incentive this season, this is a contract year. I hope he was working on his game in the off season.
    Do you think Bagley's best position is center or power forward?


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,231
    Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Do you think Bagley's best position is center or power forward?
    Power Forward. I think he could play some Center, but I think he would be better suited to defend Power Forwards.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •