Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sevy

Sevy

@BrendanKutyNJ
    ∑ 15m
    Luis Severino has no shoulder structural damage, Boone says. Won't throw through the next week. Team monitoring day-by-day. "Let's get through this week and see when he's able to start throwing again," Boone says. #Yankees

thats incredibly good news for what i was expecting

Best news I've heard all day.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    @BrendanKutyNJ
    ∑ 15m
    Luis Severino has no shoulder structural damage, Boone says. Won't throw through the next week. Team monitoring day-by-day. "Let's get through this week and see when he's able to start throwing again," Boone says. #Yankees

i never expected anything from sevy this year and still don't even if he somehow pitches..

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    i never expected anything from sevy this year and still don't even if he somehow pitches..

@BrendanKutyNJ
    ∑ 15m

Fingers crossed Day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They really should just try to get him ready for the BP, at this point. He really won't have a chance to get stretched out and could really help the BP down the stretch and in the playoffs
    Chapman
    Britton
    Green
    Loaisiga
    Sevy
    German
    Wandy
    Luetage
    Abreau
    Holmes
    Nestor
    Joely

Thats a lot of really high quality BP arms

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    While I am happy to hear there is "no structural damage". We have heard this before.

I also have to question. his integrity and desire a bit. It may be just me. but I see this as strange.

Ignorance is bliss

This is good news if they decide to trade him during the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    While I am happy to hear there is "no structural damage". We have heard this before.

I also have to question. his integrity and desire a bit. It may be just me. but I see this as strange.
    Clown you lost me, what has he done to have you question his integrity and desire?

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post

I get where your coming from, if there is no structural damage, he should be right back out there. I really don't blame the guy or the Yankees for being overly cautious. IMO, if he felt something grab, its better to get it checked out early instead of trying to pitch through it. He tried that once before with the lat strain when he came back in Sept 19 for the playoff run, then he ended up needing TJ"S.

With as many set backs as he's had, I would have gotten it checked out also. You don't want him to pull a Thor and try to push through it and re injure himself.

I'd rather him play it cautiously and only come back in a BP role this yr. What he can do the next 2yrs is what is really important IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    This is good news if they decide to trade him during the winter.
    If he has a shed of chance of being a starter next yr there is zero chance they trade him this winter when he has no value, or very little. If he's healthy, he's the best pitcher they could get for 10m or less on the open market

He will break again within 2 weeks

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

If he has a shed of chance of being a starter next yr there is zero chance they trade him this winter when he has no value, or very little. If he's healthy, he's the best pitcher they could get for 10m or less on the open market
    Bingo

No way Iím giving up on him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"No structural damage" does not mean "NOT HURT"... I'm sure the swelling can be seen and that's why he's being shut down... but the ligaments/tendons and muscles are not torn or damaged..So there is hope yet...

and right now, it don't sound like a stint i the BP will make any difference. Jeez, when I was a kid.. guys went from BP to starter overnight sometimes.... (Hey, you're getting the start tomorrow because player X is unable to go!)... The Bullpen was where the guys who were unable to crack the starting 5 went and if one of the 5 went down, a BP guy stepped up... not like today where "Oh they're not stretched out!"... funny... MLB went 80+ years and never worried about such things... and injuries are now higher than every...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast