Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I wasnít going to mention itÖ
    lol
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    No way the players agree to this, and they shouldn't.
    Why wouldn't they? It increases their piece of the pie. Every other league has a floor at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Why wouldn't they? It increases their piece of the pie. Every other league has a floor at this point.
    Not really. They also want to lower the luxury tax to 180 from 210. What it does is hurt the bigger name free agents. The teams that aren't spending now, aren't going to spend that money on guys like Kris Bryant. Now the teams that would have less money to work with. A floor is ok, but they shouldn't be lowering the threshold to get it done.

Not really. They also want to lower the luxury tax to 180 from 210. What it does is hurt the bigger name free agents. The teams that aren't spending now, aren't going to spend that money on guys like Kris Bryant. Now the teams that would have less money to work with. A floor is ok, but they shouldn't be lowering the threshold to get it done.
    The floor helps the players and the ceiling the owners. That's what collective bargaining should look like.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, crovash, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

I do get Dmacs point. I agree with a floor but not lowing the tax threshold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

I do get Dmacs point. I agree with a floor but not lowing the tax threshold.
    And there are some that want no floor at all. I like the middle of everyone gets something.

Iíd definitely go for a floor if it means lowering the tax just would prefer no lowering.

Iím for this absolutely.
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Iíd definitely go for a floor if it means lowering the tax just would prefer no lowering.

Iím for this absolutely.
    And I understand that. However I can't see the Owners just giving something to the players without getting something. And vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    And I understand that. However I can't see the Owners just giving something to the players without getting something. And vice versa.
    They should just do what I want and like it!

Okay, that hadn't been mentioned anywhere else in here. I thought we were just talking about having a floor.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Okay, that hadn't been mentioned anywhere else in here. I thought we were just talking about having a floor.
    And ignoring anyone that goes over, the change to 100 million minimum to 180 million ceiling would result in the players having 41.6 million more.

I get the idea behind it, but this will hurt small market clubs that aren't being cheap. If you can't compete for a couple years why should you be forced to spend money on overpaid vets or overpaying an average player long term? (Any team thats not a large market will perpetually be stuck being mediocre) Instead you can lower your payroll, wait for some decent prospects to come up and then when your ready to compete spend more than the $100 million threshold. If you worked minimum wage would you rather spend money on fast food or save it by buying food for home and every once in while splurging by going to your favorite expensive steak house.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf15walk View Post
    I get the idea behind it, but this will hurt small market clubs that aren't being cheap. If you can't compete for a couple years why should you be forced to spend money on overpaid vets or overpaying an average player long term? (Any team thats not a large market will perpetually be stuck being mediocre) Instead you can lower your payroll, wait for some decent prospects to come up and then when your ready to compete spend more than the $100 million threshold. If you worked minimum wage would you rather spend money on fast food or save it by buying food for home and every once in while splurging by going to your favorite expensive steak house.
    How many times do these small market teams trade away elite talents because they donít want to pay them?

It should theoretically stop that from happening and actually cause more parity in the league.

How many times do these small market teams trade away elite talents because they donít want to pay them?

It should theoretically stop that from happening and actually cause more parity in the league.
    ^this

Yea, Im not sure exactly how it happens, but it will be interesting. I hope they're smarter than the NBA and tkar their time getting to the floor and presumably ceiling changes. Give teams a few years to get to those, otherwise a bunuc of guys get overpaid in year 1 and then all the money is dried up for a few years after.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast