Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Montoyo

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Tigers manager AJ Hinch: "When they take Kirk out of the game, they're not doing that to hit. Kirk can really hit."

Do you guys think firing Montoyo now would be a good move? we know he's terrible that's not up for debate
    Naw

All this talent and Montoyo can't manage. He's been pretty bad in 1 run games.

Lol now montoyo is getting credit and could be named manager of the yearÖ

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Lol now montoyo is getting credit and could be named manager of the yearÖ
    Yeah. Lol. Heís gonna be keeping his job for a while just based on being in the hunt.

Ywa funny gow much a few weeks can change a perception on the guy.

Jays just on winning streak. A month ago you all wanted him fired

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Jays just on winning streak. A month ago you all wanted him fired
    Thatís what Iím saying. I donít think heís done anything special to spark this win streak. Itís just the perception of him in the media. We all still know we could be 4 games above where we are now.

Dude got lucky AF. If he sticks around I will still be happy with his player development though.

I always say there's more to be a manager than Xs and Os. The fact that the team didn't totally quit on him after that brutal stretch could be a sign of him doing his job right.

Of course, we also have Semien and Springer. Who's to say who deserves more credit?

So what do we think of Montoyo after 91 wins? Many said that if he missed the playoffs he should go, I'm curious if anyone else is feeling the same way now. At this point I figure they have to give him until June 1 next year.

Theyll keep him even though hes not good.

Similar to Casey in Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    So what do we think of Montoyo after 91 wins? Many said that if he missed the playoffs he should go, I'm curious if anyone else is feeling the same way now. At this point I figure they have to give him until June 1 next year.
    The more I see of him, the more I feel like he sucks

He definitely cost us some games with bullpen management, but at the same time, it's not like he had much to work with for a good chunk of the season with so many injuries in the pen. So I'm kind of indifferent. He'll be back and he probably should.

There will be guaranteed pressure to make playoffs in 2022, considering there will be some serious money spent this offseason I'd imagine and expectation to take that next step. If they choke next year, or start off slow out of the gate, then he should be canned.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    The more I see of him, the more I feel like he sucks
    Agreed, but they won't fire him after 91 wins. Hopefully he learned to not be such a dumbass with the bullpen.

He'll be back but I'm almost hoping the team gets off to a terrible start and they have no choice but to fire him

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast