Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 221
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The Rockies/Braves game was postponed and there is no common make-up date available, so theyíd have to make it up the end of the season if it affects the pennant race.

    The above means the Mets now only have to be within 3.5 games of the Braves going into the Braves series on the last weekend to still be alive. Not that it appears likely the way things are going.
    Season is over dude. Yes mathematically they aren't eliminated but between their schedule and their inconsistent play, they don't have a chance. What's the minimum win total that gets them a playoff spot? 85? That means they have to go 13-2 the rest of the way. Not happening.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    La Puente, CA
    Posts
    15,350
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Then we have Mike Piazza endorsing Larry Elder, the anti vax, anti mask, pro Trump candidate who just lost the recall effort for California Governor.

    Back in 2005, Iím learning now, Mike compared his meeting Rush Limbaugh to meeting Abe Lincoln, George Washington, and the Pope.

    So I guess Iím done with Mike. Just as well. I always wondered how a guy goes from being a 62nd round draft pick after- thought- favor to a family friend and then becoming the most prolific home run hitting catcher in baseball history.
    I was done with Mike Piazza in 1998. He's a greedy and self-centered MF'er. There's a reason why the Dodgers have refused to retire his number.

    Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,350
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    I was done with Mike Piazza in 1998. He's a greedy and self-centered MF'er. There's a reason why the Dodgers have refused to retire his number.
    Yeah, well, I have to see his number glaring at me every time I enter Citi Field. One more reason to stay hone I suppose.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Then we have Mike Piazza endorsing Larry Elder, the anti vax, anti mask, pro Trump candidate who just lost the recall effort for California Governor.

    Back in 2005, Iím learning now, Mike compared his meeting Rush Limbaugh to meeting Abe Lincoln, George Washington, and the Pope.

    So I guess Iím done with Mike. Just as well. I always wondered how a guy goes from being a 62nd round draft pick after- thought- favor to a family friend and then becoming the most prolific home run hitting catcher in baseball history.
    Are you for real? You don't like Piazza because he likes Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump? I suppose you like someone like Biden who's doing everything he can to destroy our country, but that's ok because he's a Deomcrat. The Democratic party has become anti American and socialist. It's a joke of a party that is on the wrong side of the argument of every key subject. Unreal!

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    8,719
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,350
    Quote Originally Posted by matlack72 View Post
    Are you for real? You don't like Piazza because he likes Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump? I suppose you like someone like Biden who's doing everything he can to destroy our country, but that's ok because he's a Deomcrat. The Democratic party has become anti American and socialist. It's a joke of a party that is on the wrong side of the argument of every key subject. Unreal!
    While I disagree with your opinion of Biden and what heís doing along with your characterization of the Democratic Party, everything else you wrote is spot on.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Dude has all the newsmax talking point going. Lmao


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,514

    All things NL East & Around Baseball Part 2

    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    While I disagree with your opinion of Biden and what heís doing along with your characterization of the Democratic Party, everything else you wrote is spot on.
    I just donít clap for him anytime he is at the games and introduced. Canít take away what he meant for the team and did for them, but I just no longer will wear anything piazza related or cheer for him. He was there at the Koosman day, when he was introduced as the guy introducing Koosman, I just sat down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sick Of It All; 09-18-2021 at 12:10 PM.

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    14,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I just donít clap for him anytime he is at the games and introduced. Canít take away what he meant for the team and did for them, but I just no longer will wear anything piazza related or cheer for him. He was there at the Koosman day, when he was introduced as the guy introducing Koosman, I just sat down.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So stunning & brave


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,954
    Its weird because these are new things in sports too. You would never see people turn on a player they loved just because they didn't agree with his politics. That has to be something of the last decade or so. I don't care for Mike personally but I will always appreciate what he did for the team when he was acquired. I don't even hate Jose Reyes. Yeah, he did a despicable thing (and he deserved more of a punishment imo) but people make mistakes, sometimes big mistakes. If they atone and learn from it, then I'm willing to give them a second chance.

    That's the biggest problem with cancel culture imo. People are so quick to demonize and ostracize something or someone they don't agree with it.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-20-2021 at 08:46 AM.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    14,230
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its weird because these are new things in sports too. You would never see people turn on a player they loved just because they didn't agree with his politics. That has to be something of the last decade or so. I don't care for Mike personally but I will always appreciate what he did for the team when he was acquired. I don't even hate Jose Reyes. Yeah, he did a despicable thing (and he deserved more of a punishment imo) but people make mistakes, sometimes big mistakes. If they atone and learn from it, then I'm willing to give them a second chance.

    That's the biggest problem with cancel culture imo. People are so quick to demonize and ostracize something or someone they don't agree with it.
    Big news media is the biggest business in America. Each side of the news (mainly CNN/FoxNews) no longer even pretend to hide their bias, sensationalizing the other side as the devil.

    The sheep on each side gobble up that sensationalism like hot cakes and we get working class people assuming other working class people are the problem with our current society.

    We are all in this together, and if you canít even imagine the perspective of the opposite side, youíve already given up the ability to think for yourself.

    The rich get richer while the poor hate each other. Itís a recipe that clearly works well for the ruling class.

    George Washington warned us of the perils of a two party system, sadly, we didnít listen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    47,350
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Big news media is the biggest business in America. Each side of the news (mainly CNN/FoxNews) no longer even pretend to hide their bias, sensationalizing the other side as the devil.

    The sheep on each side gobble up that sensationalism like hot cakes and we get working class people assuming other working class people are the problem with our current society.

    We are all in this together, and if you canít even imagine the perspective of the opposite side, youíve already given up the ability to think for yourself.

    The rich get richer while the poor hate each other. Itís a recipe that clearly works well for the ruling class.

    George Washington warned us of the perils of a two party system, sadly, we didnít listen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The two party system certainly has its perils. But never before in our history did we have a President who was so set to undermine our election process. Itís not about who you thought was the better candidate. We all wantedour guy to win and we are always convinced the end is upon us when the other guy wins.

    But then we suck it up and hope for a better outcome in 4 years. Itís always been that way in America. But not this time. Not with Donald Trump.

    For the first tome in our countryís history weíre on the verge of becoming a banana Republic. When the losing side thinks there are better options available other than conceding, bye bye Democracy. A very dangerous precedent has been set.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by matlack72 View Post
    are you for real? You don't like piazza because he likes rush limbaugh and donald trump? I suppose you like someone like biden who's doing everything he can to destroy our country, but that's ok because he's a deomcrat. The democratic party has become anti american and socialist. It's a joke of a party that is on the wrong side of the argument of every key subject. Unreal!
    come on guys - keep the politics out of this. If someone were to tell you 60 percent of the current team and the team owner were maga trump followers, would you stop following them. I wouldn't.

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,578

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,794
    https://nypost.com/2021/09/22/franci...ason-it-sucks/

    At least he acknowledges that he was a big reason for the teams failure.

    Heíll bounce back next year but itís undeniable that if the blame is put on any of the offense, itís gotta go toward Lindor and Conforto.

    Hopefully next year, the team stops making excuses in April and doesnít let it snowball into a 7 game losing streak.

    Accountability. Thatís what we need to see next year. Itís a good start.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •