Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Lol at all the fans saying how wrong it is to boo your own team. When did it become wrong to express dissatisfaction with the way your team is playing? Imagine going to a restaurant and getting crappy food and service. Are you supposed to tell your waiter, hey! Great job! Youíll do better next time!!!!!

I donít think so.
    To be fair if the food sucks, you don't go into the kitchen and boo the chef lol but point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    To be fair if the food sucks, you don't go into the kitchen and boo the chef lol but point taken.
    You also donít wear the chefís name on your back, or buy trading cards with action shots of him plating a nice veal parmigiana.

(Also, someone usually does take abuse when the food sucks: the wait staff)

I admit itís a very unique circumstance. But itís exactly the passion and sense of pride that owners and players rely on for their massive paychecks. It would be nice to get all the benefit without any of the drawbacks, but thatís not how life works.

When fans boo itís because they care. As Joe said, itís a sign of their passion, their pride for a team. The opposite of love is not hate. Those are two very similar emotions. No, the opposite of love is apathy. Fans who are never frustrated at their teamís poor play probably donít give a crap one way or the other. Theyíre there for the double cheeseburgers at the Shake Shack.

If youíre going to be a Major League Baseball player and represent my team but play like garbage, Iím either going to boo you or Iím not going to show up at all.

FoC turned down 2 tix to a game last week because he doesnít care anymore. Javier Baez will never have to worry about hearing him boo. If all fans were like him, none of these players would be worth 2 cents plain at your corner deli.

So Mr. Baez, when fans boo you, itís actually a good thing. It should be music to your ears.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 08-31-2021 at 07:34 AM.

My ex wife had been known to do that on occasion, actually.

Baez cannot play in New York. The passionate fans will run him out of town. No way the Mets sign him for the $20 plus million AAV he will be asking for. He is beginning to look more like Dave Kingman at the plate - either an inconsequential home run or a demoralizing strike out. If he was as good as he thinks he is, he could have been the 2021 version of Yoenis Cespendes (in 2015) instead of Bobby Bonilla in the 2 terms he was with us.

True, but you also don't have the chef cooking in front of you (unless you're at one of those Japanese places) where you can do the wave or boo him if he messes up flipping his spatulas.

Rosario with a hell of a game tonightÖ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Rosario with a hell of a game tonightÖ

Heís making the Mets look dumb this year, at least with the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Heís making the Mets look dumb this year, at least with the bat.
    Not really. He had basically the same type of season in 2019. He does most of his damage against LHP which is similar to what he did with the Mets. His defense is still **** though.

Not really. He had basically the same type of season in 2019. He does most of his damage against LHP which is similar to what he did with the Mets. His defense is still **** though.
    Hella great bat speed, though.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Our GM just got arrested for a DUI because Lolmets

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Hella great bat speed, though.

If he ever learns how to hit RHP, he'll be an excellent offensive player because he kills lefties.

I hope and pray that long term (and 10 years is a long long long term for a baseball player), Lindor helps in some way. The first thing he can do right now is keep his mouth shut and not try to get the Mets to sign Javier Baez. He is not what we need on this team at this time. The second thing is if McNeil is who the Mets want at second base, learn to work with him, you might need to do that for the next 5 to 10 years anyway.

Even though you, Lindor, will be the highest paid Mets player, you are no where near this teams best player. You need to prove yourself here in New York first.

I think Thor and Conforto are in line to get QO before Baez.

It's a question as what have you done for me lately. Both Baez and Conforto are looking very good over the past 10 games. If they can continue to do that and basically help lead the offense for the rest of the season, then Conforto gets the QO.

But, Baez cannot get a QO from the Mets based on the rules. He becomes an unrestricted FA after the season ends so the Mets, if they want to sign him, will have to give him a better offer than all the other teams who might want him.

As for the pitching, Thor will likely get a QO, but Stroman cannot since we gave him the QO that he accepted for the 2021 season. He is an unrestricted free agent just like Baez.
    Last edited by swbwtr; 09-04-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast