Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I think they should tender a one-year contract to more than one player starting with Conforto and at least get a draft pick. Boras might go for the single year betting that Conforto can redeem himself in 2022 and up his market value.
    What is the QO for this coming FA class? Last year it was roughly $19M. It will obviously be $20M or more.

That said, would you pay any of these guys $20M just to prove they still have it (or ever had it to begin with)?

1. Conforto
    2. Baez
    3. Syndergaard
    4. Stroman (who probably can't take it anyway since he took the QO for 2021).

I would let them all test free agency at this point and move on. The only possible negotiation, if he is willing, would be with Syndergaard for much less than $20M for 2022. Baez probably thinks he'll get a Lindor contract - heck Lindor wouldn't get a Lindor contract now. And I've always said that Conforto was only with us until he reached free agency given who his agent is. It makes it so much easier to stomach since he has had such an abysmal year.

Side note: Loup has been terrific but no relief pitcher should be signed for $20M per year.

The other Mets FAs this year will never get a QO. Those are Familia, Betances, Villar, Hill and Hembree.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    What is the QO for this coming FA class? Last year it was roughly $19M. It will obviously be $20M or more.

That said, would you pay any of these guys $20M just to prove they still have it (or ever had it to begin with)?

1. Conforto
    2. Baez
    3. Syndergaard
    4. Stroman (who probably can't take it anyway since he took the QO for 2021).

I would let them all test free agency at this point and move on. The only possible negotiation, if he is willing, would be with Syndergaard for much less than $20M for 2022. Baez probably thinks he'll get a Lindor contract - heck Lindor wouldn't get a Lindor contract now. And I've always said that Conforto was only with us until he reached free agency given who his agent is. It makes it so much easier to stomach since he has had such an abysmal year.

Side note: Loup has been terrific but no relief pitcher should be signed for $20M per year.

The other Mets FAs this year will never get a QO. Those are Familia, Betances, Villar, Hill and Hembree.
    Only Conforto and Thor are eligible.

Thor is the only one I’d offer.

Conforto has never been anything but streaky. He’s not worth that money, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we’re being sober about it, Conforto is way better than he is this season. He’s a career .845 OPS, and I don’t know if that’s worth the money he’d probably ask for, but it’s definitely worth the QO.

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    Wilson Ramos
    Asdrubal Cabrera
    Wilmer Flores
    Todd Frazier
    Jed Lowrie
    Cameron Maybin
    Billy Hamilton
    Jay Bruce if he unretires
    Matt Harvey
    Steven Matz
    Michael Wacha
    Brad Brach
    Tyler Clippard
    Collin McHugh
    Darren O’Day
    Yusmeiro Petit
    Hansel Robles
    Joe Smith
    Luis Avilan
    Oliver Perez
    Justin Wilson

What’s old is new again

Let Conforto walk, QO Syndergaard, tell Baez to **** off to high heaven, re-sign Loup, re-sign Stroman, and tell Familia to go to prison.

As far as new blood goes, I think Mark Canha would be PERFECT for this team. Super underrated player and I think he could essentially be the team’s Granderson.

Aside from Canha, I would either go hard after Correa for third, or I would go after Marte, possibly Castellanos.

Correa, Canha, and Cobb are the three guys I think would really benefit this team. Take a flyer on Verlander, too.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Let Conforto walk, QO Syndergaard, tell Baez to **** off to high heaven, re-sign Loup, re-sign Stroman, and tell Familia to go to prison.

As far as new blood goes, I think Mark Canha would be PERFECT for this team. Super underrated player and I think he could essentially be the team’s Granderson.

Aside from Canha, I would either go hard after Correa for third, or I would go after Marte, possibly Castellanos.

Correa, Canha, and Cobb are the three guys I think would really benefit this team. Take a flyer on Verlander, too.

I do t think they will sign anybody with a QO so forget Correa.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I do t think they will sign anybody with a QO so forget Correa.

Yeah, I doubt it. It’s a shame Sandy’s stupid *** had to **** up by trading one of our best prospects and refusing to sign Kumar. Wonderful, now the farm looks like it did under Brodie.

Considering the Mets were offering a mega deal involving a better prospect than PCA for Baez/Bryant/Williams, Mets dodged a bullet similar to how they dodged one by not including McNeil in the Diaz deal.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I also want to say how ****ing predictable this season has been.

Anybody with a brain could’ve told you that McCann would’ve regressed to his mean. They also could’ve told you that Lindor isn’t some elite hitter like everyone thinks. Not to mention that giving him 10/341 before he ever even played a game in the national league, nonetheless NY, was a stupid move. Even dumber how badly they tried to make this Lindor’s team…what has he done to earn that right? He’s immune to criticism, they’ll bat him second because it makes him happy, and they traded for his best friend because they want him to smile more [emoji3064]

I mean for ****s sake, they fired Chilli because of Lindor lmao. Such a great idea.

Trading for a shortstop when you already have 3? Stupid. Rosario is basically equal to Lindor, I don’t care what anyone says. I will say, though. I don’t dislike Lindor as much as I did before, but that’s mostly because we have ****ing Baez now lmao. Literally #1 and #2 most overrated people in the game.

Trading for Baez was infinitely worse than the Cano/Diaz deal. Mets didn’t need Springer but went hard after him, and they stupidly ignored Realmuto.

It was obvious that Nimmo was going to improve defensively. His issue was always going back on the ball, now he plays deeper and he’s gotten really good.

This team was abysmal to watch in the first half, even in spite of them being in first place. The team has just not been fun to watch. At least under BVW, this team has excitement going for them. 2019 was the last time that this team was actually fun to watch.

Cohen also doesn’t help with this team. He’s a snarky, know it all piece of **** who needs to get off of Twitter. The Mets were lovable losers under the Wilpon, now they’re the wannabe Yankees with Cohen trying to do a Steinbrenner impersonation.

I hope they do negotiate a floor for MLB teams. It is ridiculous what some teams do.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 08-27-2021 at 02:30 PM.

Mets players giving the thumbs down to the fans.
    Not a good look for the Mets.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Mets players giving the thumbs down to the fans.
    Not a good look for the Mets.
    And if I did that to my company's customers? I'd get fired.

Good luck Howie, hoping for a speedy recovery.

https://www.mlb.com/mets/news/howie-...ave-of-absence

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

And if I did that to my company's customers? I'd get fired.
    Most employees would.

Lol at all the fans saying how wrong it is to boo your own team. When did it become wrong to express dissatisfaction with the way your team is playing? Imagine going to a restaurant and getting crappy food and service. Are you supposed to tell your waiter, hey! Great job! You’ll do better next time!!!!!

I don’t think so.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast