Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    MLB Reportedly Proposes $180MM First Luxury Tax Threshold, $100MM Salary Floor To MLBPA

August 18th, 2021 at 5:10pm CST • By Anthony Franco

With the current collective bargaining agreement set to expire on December 1, 2021, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association have been in talks regarding the potential structure of the next CBA. MLB made its first core economic proposal to the MLBPA this week, report Evan Drellich and Ken Rosenthal of the Athletic.

MLB’s proposal included a lower threshold for taxes on team spending, with teams subject to a 25% tax on any spending above $180MM, report Drellich and Rosenthal. There would be three additional tax brackets at some point above that mark (for a total of four tax brackets), with the tax rate increasing as teams hit those higher overage levels. As a trade-off, MLB proposed that teams be subject to a $100MM salary minimum. MLB’s entire proposal was presented as a package deal as opposed to a series of one-by-one potential provisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's beyond stupid.
    The floor will be paid by other teams.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Man, the 2021 schedule makers sure caked it up for the Braves... Three against the Marlins at home, a day off to travel "all the way" to Baltimore. Then a three game road series against the Orioles followed by a home 2 game series against the Yankees and then TWO days off before a home 3 game series with the Giants! Compare that to what travel the Mets have had to do and the 13 straight home and away (coast to coast travel with no time off out and just one coming back) against the Dodgers and Giants.

Somebody in the MLB office must hate the Mets and love the Braves. It'll be interesting to see if ESPN moves the Giants at Braves afternoon Sunday game (on the 29th) to their night showcase before the Braves have to travel to L.A, for a Monday night game similar to what the Mets just had to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Wow he hit .186 in AAA.

That's higher than what he did for the Mets. So there is that.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Jon Heyman@JonHeyman
    Travis d’Arnaud signs extension with Braves for $16M over 2 years, plus $8M option for 2024. $8M each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jon Heyman@JonHeyman
    Travis d’Arnaud signs extension with Braves for $16M over 2 years, plus $8M option for 2024. $8M each year.
    Not a bad price for the Braves until you consider that he plays like 60 games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't want Baez here. Not unless he takes a 1 year show me deal. The dude is feast or famine. I'm not sure I want Dom here either. We agree on Michael.

I would much rather play JD at 1st. This team needs to shuffle the deck. I would think about moving on from McNeil as well. He's injured too often and he's shown no pop this year.
    I mean, I don't disagree. Was just trying to be realistic. I'd love to make a lineup with Bryant in LF, Correa at 3B, Seager at 2B, and Castellanos at DH.... But that **** ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I mean, I don't disagree. Was just trying to be realistic. I'd love to make a lineup with Bryant in LF, Correa at 3B, Seager at 2B, and Castellanos at DH.... But that **** ain't happening.
    I'm not unrealistic either. Just don't like their current configuration. I don't want to see Conforto, McNeil and Smith playing everyday next season. I'm not in love with Baez either and not for what he would potentially command in FA. TBH, I hope the Mets do sign Castellanos. I know his defense isn't good but the Mets need that type of bat to go with Alonso. Bryant would be nice too. Just time to move on from some of these guys. You can let Baez and Conforto walk imo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-22-2021 at 07:03 PM.

I think they should tender a one-year contract to more than one player starting with Conforto and at least get a draft pick. Boras might go for the single year betting that Conforto can redeem himself in 2022 and up his market value.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1412464777016840192

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast