Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Not really, they donít have the time. And just so we are clear I believe the amateur scouting since Tanous was named the director of amateur scouting has been stellar. The area scouts and cross checkers that he has assembled have been stellar. Thatís why there has been an influx of major league talent plus the Mets have a solid player development program. Since 2011, the Mets have delegated the draft to these group of men.
    Disappointed they drafted Kumar & didnít get him signed but now they have the 11th pick. I expect that tandem to do an excellent job like they have been doing.
    The Rocker pick was a failure; they did the right thing bailing for the #11 but it shouldn't have gotten to that point.
    I knew enough about Rocker to wonder why he dropped. I'd think Scott and Alderson would have asked them why? Why did he drop? What's up with his velocity? What did his medicals say? Oh, he wouldn't submit his medicals? Hmmm. You're sure this is what you want us to do, knowing all this? Okay...If that's the case, Tanous likely persuaded them, but they had to at least know the answers to the above, and had to okay it. Tanous doesn't have carte blanche in first round matters, and even in overall philosophy and approach to a draft. That's an organizational conversation, how to allot $, when to go over slot, when to shift emphasis from HS to college...

Not really, they donít have the time. And just so we are clear I believe the amateur scouting since Tanous was named the director of amateur scouting has been stellar. The area scouts and cross checkers that he has assembled have been stellar. Thatís why there has been an influx of major league talent plus the Mets have a solid player development program. Since 2011, the Mets have delegated the draft to these group of men.
    Disappointed they drafted Kumar & didnít get him signed but now they have the 11th pick. I expect that tandem to do an excellent job like they have been doing.
    They donít have the time?

Yeah thatís not the case at all.

GMís and BO heads make those calls, they donít leave it just to the armature s outing guys. Those guys have a plan and bring it up and then the GM makes final decision. They not going leave such important moves to others. They have to get the green light from the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    The Rocker pick was a failure; they did the right thing bailing for the #11 but it shouldn't have gotten to that point.
    I knew enough about Rocker to wonder why he dropped. I'd think Scott and Alderson would have asked them why? Why did he drop? What's up with his velocity? What did his medicals say? Oh, he wouldn't submit his medicals? Hmmm. You're sure this is what you want us to do, knowing all this? Okay...If that's the case, Tanous likely persuaded them, but they had to at least know the answers to the above, and had to okay it. Tanous doesn't have carte blanche in first round matters, and even in overall philosophy and approach to a draft. That's an organizational conversation, how to allot $, when to go over slot, when to shift emphasis from HS to college...
    Yup, GM and head of BO sit with these guys and go over every detail of their draft, they wonít let such an important matter be decided by somebody under them without being consulted first.

In the Rocker case you bet your *** that the GM and Sandy had final say on not signing him.

Opponent winning % for remainder of season:
    Mets .518
    ATL. .481
    PHI. .445, easiest in MLB

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They donít have the time?

Yeah thatís not the case at all.

GMís and BO heads make those calls, they donít leave it just to the armature s outing guys. Those guys have a plan and bring it up and then the GM makes final decision. They not going leave such important moves to others. They have to get the green light from the top.

Maybe they're too busy weighing the merits of the black jerseys and following the owner on Twitter.

Maybe they're too busy weighing the merits of the black jerseys and following the owner on Twitter.
    I mean, like literally their job is to oversee everything baseball related.

Agree with the bailing out part.

But him not submitting his medicals should have been a huge red flag. Its one thing if 1000 daft picks don't do it. But its another thing if 1 out of 1000 does not do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I mean, like literally their job is to oversee everything baseball related.

If this was Brodie you would have never heard the end of it from Clay.

Mets .518
    ATL. .481
    But the Phillies have no home games against divisional opponents in September. And once the Mets get past the Dodgers and Giants, they have a weak schedule loaded with games against the Nationals and Marlins.

The question is whether they can survive the Fidgers and Giants.
    Last edited by Halfmiler2; 08-14-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Mets .518
    ATL. .481
    I am thinking that if de Grom is delayed more on his return, the key for the Mets n my at be whether Thor is really back and to form by September 1st. That would make a huge difference stabilizing and strengthening the rotation.

Sure we have the 11th pick, but now if we sign anyone significant that rejected a QO, we lose our own pick which is looking more and more likely to be a mid to late teens first rounder. That's ****ing awful. With that in mind, would have been better off coughing up the extra mil so we could keep our first round pick next year and add some real talent.

https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/trades/trade-57107/

This is the type of trade I want us to pursue. Doesn't have to be this exact one, as I'm aware this is unlikely, but this is something I'd be on board with. Controllable MLB players who are improvements over what they have right now, in return we get a young OFer with tons of potential and upside who hasn't yet produced like they hope.

Angels are trying to make the playoffs now before Trout gets too tired of losing and requests out of there.

Would you guys do this?

Jeff McNeil and JD Davis for Jo Adell and Mike Mayers.

Then this frees up positions for Cohen to go out and spend on real talent. Let Conforto walk if he doesn't accept the QO, sign Kris Bryant... Sign one of the available SS's to play 2B.

Boom! Improved for now and the future.

Tanous is the decision maker when it comes to amateur scouting. The philosophy behind the draft is the FO, meaning how much money they can spend but who they pick is all in Tanous. Depo use to be in that position before leaving to the Browns in that capacity.

Alderson really has nothing to do with baseball operation, he is over seeing the entire franchise. Scott was in the draft room off to the side as he runs the baseball side of things. I am sure they discussed taking Rocker. I am disappointed that they didn't sign him, and it could have turned out to Giolito but more likely it turns out to be Appel or Aiken situation.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

We ****ed ourselves so hard by not signing Rocker and now risk losing our own first round pick depending on who we sign.

So the solution is to sign Marte and Bryant so we don't have to forfeit our pick since they can't be offered the QO, and resign Stroman and Syndergaard. Let Conforto walk.

RF Nimmo
    CF Marte
    LF Bryant
    DH Alonso
    SS Lindor
    1B Dom
    3B Baez
    2B McNeil
    C McCann

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    We ****ed ourselves so hard by not signing Rocker and now risk losing our own first round pick depending on who we sign.

So the solution is to sign Marte and Bryant so we don't have to forfeit our pick since they can't be offered the QO, and resign Stroman and Syndergaard. Let Conforto walk.

RF Nimmo
    CF Marte
    LF Bryant
    DH Alonso
    SS Lindor
    1B Dom
    3B Baez
    2B McNeil
    C McCann
    I don't want Baez here. Not unless he takes a 1 year show me deal. The dude is feast or famine. I'm not sure I want Dom here either. We agree on Michael.

I would much rather play JD at 1st. This team needs to shuffle the deck. I would think about moving on from McNeil as well. He's injured too often and he's shown no pop this year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-18-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast