Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    They still may win. Atlanta and Boston are examples of why simply getting into the post season matters. You never know who will get hot/lucky/healthy in October. I can't stand any of the final four, but I have to give Atlanta credit for even getting this far.
    Atlanta's offense is good enough to keep them competitive in this series. 6 outs away from having a 3-0 series and all but leaving the Dodgers dead to rights. Bellinger saved their *** last night. I still think the Dodgers win this series but it wouldn't shock me if Atlanta found a way.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-20-2021 at 12:19 PM.

https://risingapple.com/2021/10/21/n...r-kyle-seager/

Kyle Seager would be a great 1 year contract. I think the Mets need to load up on those deals.

Duvall/Pederson, Seager, Villar, Corey Dickerson, Josh Harrison, Eddie Rosario, and Soler would all be really good stop gap/starting pieces.

I would break the FAs down into tiers, with the aforementioned guys being C tier guys.

S tier (position players) would simply be Correa. For pitchers, it would just be Scherzer.

A tier guys include Semien, Baez, Bryant, and Marte. Pitchers is a bit tricky, I’d put Verlander on there if he’s healthy. Guys like Gausman, E-Rod, Ray, and Stroman I think are all similar pitchers in terms of overall production they all vary from the top of B tier to the bottom of A

B tier guys would be like Canha, Chris Taylor, Schwarber, Story and Castellanos,

And again, the first guys I mentioned are C tier guys.

As far as position players go - I feel like Correa is a pipe dream, sadly. I’d definitely try to pick off one of the A tier guys regardless of which, one of the B tier guys (preferably Canha or Taylor) and two C tier guys like Seager and Duvall.

If the Mets were somehow able to sign E-Rod/Gausman, Marte, Chris Taylor, Seager and either Joc or Duvall…I would be very happy. I also don’t think that’s completely unrealistic, either. Taylor and McNeil’s versatility gives the team a **** ton of room to play matchups. All of those guys I mentioned too are winning players who have hit in the postseason - except for Seager, who does have something like an .820 career OPS in high leverage situations and was a monster with men on this past year.

Mets could even skip on the Duvall/Joc and let Lee/Vientos start in the bigs but having those guys as one year stop gaps couldn’t hurt.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    https://risingapple.com/2021/10/21/n...r-kyle-seager/

Kyle Seager would be a great 1 year contract. I think the Mets need to load up on those deals.

Duvall/Pederson, Seager, Villar, Corey Dickerson, Josh Harrison, Eddie Rosario, and Soler would all be really good stop gap/starting pieces.

I would break the FAs down into tiers, with the aforementioned guys being C tier guys.

S tier (position players) would simply be Correa. For pitchers, it would just be Scherzer.

A tier guys include Semien, Baez, Bryant, and Marte. Pitchers is a bit tricky, I’d put Verlander on there if he’s healthy. Guys like Gausman, E-Rod, Ray, and Stroman I think are all similar pitchers in terms of overall production they all vary from the top of B tier to the bottom of A

B tier guys would be like Canha, Chris Taylor, Schwarber, Story and Castellanos,

And again, the first guys I mentioned are C tier guys.

As far as position players go - I feel like Correa is a pipe dream, sadly. I’d definitely try to pick off one of the A tier guys regardless of which, one of the B tier guys (preferably Canha or Taylor) and two C tier guys like Seager and Duvall.

If the Mets were somehow able to sign E-Rod/Gausman, Marte, Chris Taylor, Seager and either Joc or Duvall…I would be very happy. I also don’t think that’s completely unrealistic, either. Taylor and McNeil’s versatility gives the team a **** ton of room to play matchups. All of those guys I mentioned too are winning players who have hit in the postseason - except for Seager, who does have something like an .820 career OPS in high leverage situations and was a monster with men on this past year.

Mets could even skip on the Duvall/Joc and let Lee/Vientos start in the bigs but having those guys as one year stop gaps couldn’t hurt.
    I like the idea of the Mets focusing on a one year deal at 3B for a player who brings solid D to the position. The Mets haven't had that in some time. Also, Baty looks like he might be 3B of the future and isn't that far away. No need to lock up a lot of money and years there. OF is of much great concern.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Atlanta's offense is good enough to keep them competitive in this series. 6 outs away from having a 3-0 series and all but leaving the Dodgers dead to rights. Bellinger saved their *** last night. I still think the Dodgers win this series but it wouldn't shock me if Atlanta found a way.
    Weird post season in that no team has a lights out starter (or two) on a roll in anything close to a career year. LA lost Kershaw (not to mention Bauer), Scherzer has a dead arm, Buehler is over 200IP and not at his peak and Urias has thrown 100 more IP than his previous high, and clearly isn't himself. 2020 screwed up a lot of starting pitchers. Even if things had broken right for the Mets, we would have had even worse load management issues in the post season. Never expected to say this but ATLs pitching has been better, and better managed. Barring disaster, Snitker comes out of this looking surprisingly good. LA, on the other hand spent a lot of money and prospect capital to get here.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Weird post season in that no team has a lights out starter (or two) on a roll in anything close to a career year. LA lost Kershaw (not to mention Bauer), Scherzer has a dead arm, Buehler is over 200IP and not at his peak and Urias has thrown 100 more IP than his previous high, and clearly isn't himself. 2020 screwed up a lot of starting pitchers. Even if things had broken right for the Mets, we would have had even worse load management issues in the post season. Never expected to say this but ATLs pitching has been better, and better managed. Barring disaster, Snitker comes out of this looking surprisingly good. LA, on the other hand spent a lot of money and prospect capital to get here.
    Lot of strange things can happen in a short series as we know. Dodger's defense has sucked, their hitting in high leverage spots has been pretty awful aside from game 3, their SP has not been great. Justin Turner who has been an excellent postseason performer is starting to show his age and is now done with injury. Losing Kershaw was a big deal for the Dodgers too even if his postseason resume hasn't been great.

That said, Dodgers were built for this as well. Their bullpen should have been able to weather the storm of their SP. They've been in enough postseasons to know how this works. Load management is certainly an issue but the Braves have been beasting offensively as well. Is part of that being tired Dodger's pitching? Sure. The difference between the Mets and Braves was the fact that the Mets never got their offense straight. We kept talking about how these guys would perform better and guys like McNeil, Smith, McCann, Conforto never really got going. The Braves pitching as bad as it was the first half of the season took significant steps forward towards the middle and end of the year. If their pitching hadn't gotten better, the Phillies would have probably won the division and got bounced in the NLDS.
    Last edited by metswon69; 10-21-2021 at 02:06 PM.

This Braves team is going to be an annoying pain in the *** for years to come just like it was in the 1990s and early 2000s. I don't worry about the Phillies because they cant get out of their own way. The Marlins and Nationals are rebuilding. Its always the ****ing Braves.

Lot of strange things can happen in a short series as we know. Dodger's defense has sucked, their hitting in high leverage spots has been pretty awful aside from game 3, their SP has not been great. Justin Turner who has been an excellent postseason performer is starting to show his age and is now done with injury. Losing Kershaw was a big deal for the Dodgers too even if his postseason resume hasn't been great.

That said, Dodgers were built for this as well. Their bullpen should have been able to weather the storm of their SP. They've been in enough postseasons to know how this works. Load management is certainly an issue but the Braves have been beasting offensively as well. Is part of that being tired Dodger's pitching? Sure. The difference between the Mets and Braves was the fact that the Mets never got their offense straight. We kept talking about how these guys would perform better and guys like McNeil, Smith, McCann, Conforto never really got going. The Braves pitching as bad as it was the first half of the season took significant steps forward towards the middle and end of the year. If their pitching hadn't gotten better, the Phillies would have probably won the division and got bounced in the NLDS.
    All true. The biggest differentiator might be that while most pitching staffs grew tired as the season went on, ATL, at least in the playoffs, got better. Not lights-out but better than most if not all in the post season. The amount of opener games, and games in which presumed aces are yanked after a couple of innings, is a phenomenon I've never seen, perhaps a case of analytics based on past performances getting blown apart by a new (post-COVID, short season, 3-batter rule, sticky ban) set of circumstances.

It's like a game-wide, mutant version of the Verducci Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I like the idea of the Mets focusing on a one year deal at 3B for a player who brings solid D to the position. The Mets haven't had that in some time. Also, Baty looks like he might be 3B of the future and isn't that far away. No need to lock up a lot of money and years there. OF is of much great concern.
    Yeah, I think somebody like Seager would be good. Like I said, he’s a good clutch hitter and presumably a good clubhouse guy. He’s not an excellent hitter by any means but is a good power bat. He’s like a Todd Frazier type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Chris Taylor is quite a player. Get his ***.

Jeff Lunhow is the best GM in baseball and he doesn't even work in the sport anymore. Go Astros I guess. Funny to see all these Red Sox fans cry about losing btw. Like 4 WS titles in the last 17 years isn't enough. They are becoming as spoiled as Yankee fans or Dodger fans.

Jeff Lunhow is the best GM in baseball and he doesn't even work in the sport anymore. Go Astros I guess. Funny to see all these Red Sox fans cry about losing btw. Like 4 WS titles in the last 17 years isn't enough. They are becoming as spoiled as Yankee fans or Dodger fans.
    Must be nice to be a fan of any of these now elite organizations (Red Sox, Dodgers, Astros, Rays).

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    Must be nice to be a fan of any of these now elite organizations (Red Sox, Dodgers, Astros, Rays).

We sign a POBO yet?

Sign Castellanos if he opts out of his contract with the Reds. He is a RF / 3b and a right handed hitter. He can replace Conforto in RF if Khalil Lee doesn't cut it out there or he can be the regular third baseman until Baty is ready. At that point, Castellanos moves to the OF (either LF or RF).

This years infield, if Baez is signed, will be interesting anyway, especially with Cano lurking. If the NL doesn't get the DH, Cano needs to play. Does anyone know if he has the arm for third base, lol? Or leave Cano at 2b most games and beg Baez to play 3b. Heck, with infield shifts today, most third baseman don't even play the hot corner half of the time. The are somewhere on the right side of the infield.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    We sign a POBO yet?
    You stole my line.

And no it seems we are still doing nothing. We rule.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516