Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    https://twitter.com/jonheyman/status...AcBJJkxUTfFfxw

Possible Mets target?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case anyone was curious, Robinson Cano has started his Padres career 3 for 18, with an rbi and a run scored. No walks, all his hits were singles.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    In case anyone was curious, Robinson Cano has started his Padres career 3 for 18, with an rbi and a run scored. No walks, all his hits were singles.

That’s what he is at this point.

Mets lead Braves & Phils by 8 games.
    After 43 games, I’ll take it.

Double digits would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    Mets lead Braves & Phils by 8 games.
    After 43 games, I’ll take it.

Double digits would be nice.
    We’re gonna need double digits with the major injuries suffered

As far as Tehran I bring him in, talented and maybe we find lighting in a bottle for a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by Harleydude666 View Post
    We’re gonna need double digits with the major injuries suffered

As far as Tehran I bring him in, talented and maybe we find lighting in a bottle for a little bit

Totally agree, Tehran is a good idea. Then follow it up with another pitcher via trade

I think it was Sick who said this but I think the Mets will ride out Peterson and Szapucki for as long as possible. After them, I think guys like Yamamoto and Cahill end up getting the nod. After that, I think the Mets end up exploring trade options (by the point where the Mets have a large enough sample size for Peterson/Szapucki or Yamamoto/Cahill it’ll be the deadline lol…unless god forbid, more people get injured.

By the deadline, there will be a better idea of where everybody is at. We’ll know if Bassit and Carrasco can live up to their #2 status and hold down the fort. We’ll also see if Megill can come back healthy, and if Walker can continue his recent run of success. Peterson/Szapucki are the big wild cards, though. Having a few good lefties would be good for this team…I’m confident enough that Peterson can pitch well enough - I also really like him against some of the big LHB in the division but I’m especially interested to see what Szapucki can do.

I like Williams as a fill in option but he’s not a long term option IMO. Save him to give guys a rest or in double headers.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    I think it was Sick who said this but I think the Mets will ride out Peterson and Szapucki for as long as possible. After them, I think guys like Yamamoto and Cahill end up getting the nod. After that, I think the Mets end up exploring trade options (by the point where the Mets have a large enough sample size for Peterson/Szapucki or Yamamoto/Cahill it’ll be the deadline lol…unless god forbid, more people get injured.

By the deadline, there will be a better idea of where everybody is at. We’ll know if Bassit and Carrasco can live up to their #2 status and hold down the fort. We’ll also see if Megill can come back healthy, and if Walker can continue his recent run of success. Peterson/Szapucki are the big wild cards, though. Having a few good lefties would be good for this team…I’m confident enough that Peterson can pitch well enough - I also really like him against some of the big LHB in the division but I’m especially interested to see what Szapucki can do.

I like Williams as a fill in option but he’s not a long term option IMO. Save him to give guys a rest or in double headers.
    I don't think they wait that long. If Szapucki and Peterson don't get it done and Megill is still out, I have to believe they make a trade sometime in June. They are obviously one more injury in the rotation away from having to make a trade like immediately though.

The extent and timetables for these multiple injuries make it tough to trade for a big name or a stop gap, or try to tough it out internally. deGrom IMO is the biggest unknown. He can come back in July as a near-ace or, later as a shot in the arm, or as some of our darker pundits have said, not at all. Hopefully we have a sense of Megill soon and can go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    The extent and timetables for these multiple injuries make it tough to trade for a big name or a stop gap, or try to tough it out internally. deGrom IMO is the biggest unknown. He can come back in July as a near-ace or, later as a shot in the arm, or as some of our darker pundits have said, not at all. Hopefully we have a sense of Megill soon and can go from there.
    I think they could make a small move. Someone who is older who a team doesn't see long term value in. Maybe you entice them with a younger player with some upside. I know it sucks to make a move under those circumstances but sometimes you have to hold fort until the bigger guns come back.

deGrom is just an unknown at this point. He's clearly done some damage to his arm over the last couple of seasons and there are only so many 100mph bullets a body can handle. Yeah he'll heal from the scapula injury but who knows what his arm can handle at this point?

They seriously have to consider letting him walk this offseason if he opts out. Unless of course money is a complete non factor to Cohen and he's willing to pay deGrom/continue to add talent regardless.

Yikes

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

The Braves were never behind 9 games last year as they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    The Braves were never behind 9 games last year as they are right now.
    This is the part of the schedule where NL East teams can make up some ground on us if we play poorly. The Mets have a hard schedule with 18 of their next games (after this series) coming up against the Phillies, Dodgers, Padres, Angels and Brewers. Yes the Phillies aren't as good as those other teams but I think they're better than they've played so far. Not that the Giants are a slouch either but they're not nearly as good as they were last year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-24-2022 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    This is the part of the schedule where NL East teams can make up some ground on us if we play poorly. The Mets have a hard schedule with 18 of their next games (after this series) coming up against the Phillies, Dodgers, Padres, Angels and Brewers. Yes the Phillies aren't as good as those other teams but I think they're better than they've played so far. Not that the Giants are a slouch either but they're not nearly as good as they were last year.
    Phillies' next five series: Braves, Mets, Giants, Angels, Brewers. No picnic.

The Braves, on the other hand, have a fairly easy stretch after the Phils.

Page 57 of 68 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast