Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

All things NL East & Around Baseball Part 2

Let's keep the personal and political discussion out of this thread please. We have a political forum for the latter if you want to talk on that subject.

Corbin Burnes tied Seaver and Nola for 10 kís in a row.

Seems like thatís a thing thatís is bound to be passed soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to show how bad the Mets offense has been. Jed Lowrie would be 2nd on the team in RBIs if he played here with 61.

Braves just won on a 2 out 3 run homer in the bottom of the 11th. ****. 1 damn out away from a loss on two batters.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Just to show how bad the Mets offense has been. Jed Lowrie would be 2nd on the team in RBIs if he played here with 61.
    If he okayed here he would have half that amount.

https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...734593539?s=21

Hire a whole new FO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    https://twitter.com/mikemayer22/stat...734593539?s=21

Hire a whole new FO.

Bring in Theo Epstein. Enough with Sandy Alderson. Didn't like the hire when they brought him back.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-12-2021 at 02:04 AM.

No to Theo. He is responsible for enabling Porter, by not doing anything.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Also, Sandy wasnít hired to be the POBO. They just didnít find one. So he is assuming the position. I actually think Zach Scott is doing a good job in spite of being decimated by injuries.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

10. 08-12-2021, 07:24 AM
    Reason
    Find another thread for this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Also, Sandy wasnít hired to be the POBO. They just didnít find one. So he is assuming the position. I actually think Zach Scott is doing a good job in spite of being decimated by injuries.
    Jury is still out on Scott. Rocker was on his watch. We never got the pitching we needed, which was obvious in May. The deadline was a disappointmenet, unless he saw the writing on the wall for the collapse, but then why trade PCA? Also, while I was okay with him laying some of the injury blame on the players, he should have given credit to those who stepped up while the others were out, and kept the season alive for moves that never came.

12. 08-12-2021, 08:32 AM
    Reason

13. 08-12-2021, 08:55 AM
    Reason

Iím not a fan of anyone in the FO at the moment. I donít know where the blame for Rocker goes, or for the stupid Baez trade, or the fact that thereís no accountability for players going off-plan during rehab. Unless Scott was fighting against all of that, I would clean house and start over.

As for Theo, I donít care if he ignored Porterís behavior. We know that it wouldnít be allowed today, so whatever. If heís the best guy, hire him. I like that he wants total control, because Iíve been troubled by reports that Cohen doesnít want to make any rash decisions about Rojas, as if it should be Cohenís decision. Thatís not good. If heís gonna be really hands-on, then we may have downgraded from a Wilpon to a Dolan.
    Last edited by JoeGamer81; 08-12-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Futurist View Post
    Jury is still out on Scott. Rocker was on his watch. We never got the pitching we needed, which was obvious in May. The deadline was a disappointmenet, unless he saw the writing on the wall for the collapse, but then why trade PCA? Also, while I was okay with him laying some of the injury blame on the players, he should have given credit to those who stepped up while the others were out, and kept the season alive for moves that never came.
    Again, Tanous and Tramuta are responsible for the drafts. PCA is injured with a torn labrum. Scott is responsible for Walker, Loup, May among others.

If you think e GM and head of baseball operations have no say on who they draft and if they should sign them, then youíre being naive. Scott and Sandy are all over those decisions, they are the ones that make a final say.

If you think e GM and head of baseball operations have no say on who they draft and if they should sign them, then youíre being naive. Scott and Sandy are all over those decisions, they are the ones that make a final say.

Not really, they donít have the time. And just so we are clear I believe the amateur scouting since Tanous was named the director of amateur scouting has been stellar. The area scouts and cross checkers that he has assembled have been stellar. Thatís why there has been an influx of major league talent plus the Mets have a solid player development program. Since 2011, the Mets have delegated the draft to these group of men.
    Disappointed they drafted Kumar & didnít get him signed but now they have the 11th pick. I expect that tandem to do an excellent job like they have been doing.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast