Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors won last night and off of something rare...a Steph triple double and Steph doesn't even have triple double type games. Last night was like his 8th triple double ever as a player since coming into the league. But at the same time the way the Warriors spread the floor last night with spacing but also seeing Steph not even at his best but still dominating on other ends just goes to show us that he's the biggest reason more or less why they won last night. But either way a win is a win and this win was a statement win.
    The thing about curry not having a tripple double for 5 yrs. Thats not right. I think he had 2 tripple doubles in 1 finals series when durant was on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors won last night and off of something rare...a Steph triple double and Steph doesn't even have triple double type games. Last night was like his 8th triple double ever as a player since coming into the league. But at the same time the way the Warriors spread the floor last night with spacing but also seeing Steph not even at his best but still dominating on other ends just goes to show us that he's the biggest reason more or less why they won last night. But either way a win is a win and this win was a statement win.
    I think it was more about the Lakers not being as good as the media hyped them to be.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    The thing about curry not having a tripple double for 5 yrs. Thats not right. I think he had 2 tripple doubles in 1 finals series when durant was on the team.
    Even with that itís not really a knock on Curry. Our offense isnít built for him to be ball dominant. He could pull a Russ if he wanted but he wouldnít have had the success heís had. Trip dub is a novelty.

Hot start sloppy finishÖ wash at half. Letís see if this team responds. Canít be dropping the opener on the home court.

Found it interesting that, according to Poole, Kerr set a target number of turnovers at 12 a game. I wonder where that number came from ... you know, why not 10 or 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Found it interesting that, according to Poole, Kerr set a target number of turnovers at 12 a game. I wonder where that number came from ... you know, why not 10 or 15?
    Most reasonable number divisible by 4 maybe? So they can keep track per quarter? 16 seems a little bit high and 8 seems very low

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Most reasonable number divisible by 4 maybe? So they can keep track per quarter? 16 seems a little bit high and 8 seems very low
    Fair. If they could stay under 12 it feels like they would win most games.

I devalue "rebounding" in players because defensive rebounding (which makes up the vast majority of "rebounding" numbers) is just such a easy thing when the scheme is built for it and defensive rebounding has very little effect on wins and losses.

Steals, turnovers, blocks, and offensive rebounds have a direct effect on the number of possessions and THAT has a major effect on good teams winning and losing games. If the Warriors are really good at steals and turnovers their deficiency at offensive rebounding and blocking shots can be completely negated because, in general, there are more turnovers and steals in any given game than blocks and offensive boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Fair. If they could stay under 12 it feels like they would win most games.

I devalue "rebounding" in players because defensive rebounding (which makes up the vast majority of "rebounding" numbers) is just such a easy thing when the scheme is built for it and defensive rebounding has very little effect on wins and losses.

Steals, turnovers, blocks, and offensive rebounds have a direct effect on the number of possessions and THAT has a major effect on good teams winning and losing games. If the Warriors are really good at steals and turnovers their deficiency at offensive rebounding and blocking shots can be completely negated because, in general, there are more turnovers and steals in any given game than blocks and offensive boards.
    I agree that blocks dont mean that the number of blocks dont mean a whole lot... other than something that shows shots are being challenged.

Rebounding is a pretty big deal though. I dont know if they can give a team a target number of rebounds though. Allowing the other team to get offensive rebounds all night is just as bad as turning it over..... so yeah- your team securing over 90% of possible defensive rebounds is pretty important.

It gives the other team more shots at scoring......and usually defense is in a vulnerable position when they are defending a team that just got an offensive rebound

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567