Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Kemba to Knicks after OKC buyout

What

Seems like a rushed decision.

Kemba probably a 20ppg player at the deadline.

I wanna know how much he gave back and also if he just did a vet min with the Knicks.

I think a Kemba plus Rose PG rotation is asking for injuries but kudos to the Knicks for landing a solid lead guard.

I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I get what Presti is trying to do here. Houston is in the same boat. If I found out today that John Wall was getting bought out, I'd be ecstatic. His contract is an albatross, and he's taking away minutes from the young players the Rockets want to develop.

That being said, Walker is a better basketball player with a (slightly) safer recent injury history on a cheaper deal. I'm not sure he's a positive asset right now, but I wonder if they could have gotten a legitimate asset from someone a year from now when that contract is expiring? Maybe I'm overrating Kemba a bit, but I still think he's got value in this league, even if he's drastically overpaid. Advanced numbers still say he's a pretty good, above average basketball player.

Love this for the Knicks, though. Everyone has ripped on them for not acquiring a point guard, and they're getting a former All-Star with a chip on his shoulder on the cheap coming off a buyout.

Very surprising.

I thought OKC would hold him hostage to try and reflip him later for another draft asset.

Maybe they're trying to show agents/players they are not ruling the rebuild process so ruthlessly to build up good faith.

They coulda got a pick for him. Just needed to let him play and build his value up a bit

Kemba to Knicks after OKC buyout

Think OKC probably saw the writing on the wall. No team would trade for him with that contract. They literally were like “Here’s a check to not play for us.” Probably explains why the Cs parted with the first round pick this year to offload him.

That being said, I’m happy for Kemba. He’s genuinely a good dude that’s been wrecked by knee injury. When healthy, he’s a great scorer but that knee issue/degeneration will never go away. Cs literally didn’t play him in any back to backs last year and brought him back slowly as well and he still broke down by the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PAOboston; 08-04-2021 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Think OKC probably saw the writing on the wall. No team would trade for him with that contract. They literally were like “Here’s a check to not play for us.” Probably explains why the Cs parted with the first round pick this year to offload him.

That being said, I’m happy for Kemba. He’s genuinely a good dude that’s been wrecked by knee injury. When healthy, he’s a great scorer but that knee issue/degeneration will never go away. Cs literally didn’t play him in any back to backs last year and brought him back slowly as well and he still broke down by the playoffs.

I hope this isn't a Brandon Roy situation. I don't think Kemba is quite there yet, but he could be headed that way. Even if he's not an everyday starting point guard a year or two from now, I still think he could have long-term value as an offensive-minded sixth man off the bench for 20 minutes a night 60 games a year.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    They coulda got a pick for him. Just needed to let him play and build his value up a bit
    My assumption is because they flipped the Celtics pick in this year's draft that was attached to him for 2 future picks they figured they already got the return on assets they needed from him.

OKC has like 20+ first rounders in the next 5 or 6 drafts, can't even roster all those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    My assumption is because they flipped the Celtics pick in this year's draft that was attached to him for 2 future picks they figured they already got the return on assets they needed from him.

OKC has like 20+ first rounders in the next 5 or 6 drafts, can't even roster all those guys.
    I posted in the other thread but I wonder if Silver pulled a “cut the **** with this” on Presti.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I posted in the other thread but I wonder if Silver pulled a “cut the **** with this” on Presti.

Maybe, until Presti does it again lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

There is such a thing as too many assets. I understand asset collection but they will need to start aggregating this picks or they will be draft n stashing guys left and right soon.

There is such a thing as too many assets. I understand asset collection but they will need to start aggregating this picks or they will be draft n stashing guys left and right soon.

You witnessed that first hand with Ainge, so I believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I hope this isn't a Brandon Roy situation. I don't think Kemba is quite there yet, but he could be headed that way. Even if he's not an everyday starting point guard a year or two from now, I still think he could have long-term value as an offensive-minded sixth man off the bench for 20 minutes a night 60 games a year.
    As a bitter Blazer fan at least Kemba got 10 years, Roy only got 4

There really isn't such a thing. They don't have to use any of the picks if they don't want to. They will always have varying amounts of value. All it's going to take is a deep draft where OKC holds 7-8 picks which would be nearly 30% of the first round. There will be teams looking to make deals.

OKC just needs to continue to develop their young guys and come up with a core to build around. Then they can flip the switch and trade some picks for complimentary pieces or a missing star

City of Champions

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast