Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Vikings have lowest vaccination rate in the NFL

https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/...cousins-zimmer

I guess it shouldn't surprise me, yet it does. No team in the NFL has fewer players vaxed than the Vikings and apparently 3 of the unvaxed are quarterbacks.

Ya know, you may be antivax yourself and think well, it's personal choice...and it is.
    HOWEVER, when you're on an NFL team, your personal choice could have a HUGE effect on your entire team and therefore your entire fanbase.

As I was reading in an article regarding the WFT, Rivera pointed out that a positive test or close contact quarantine is 5 days. If Captain Kirk were in close contact on a Saturday during the season and we played on the folowing Thursday, he would be unavailable not just for one game, but two.

....and that doesn't even get into the rules that could result in a forfeit

I'm at a loss anymore on vaccine hesitation. Every single excuse I hear (and I'm directly working in that area this summer) is based on people thinking that 'something' they were told or read is of higher value than the actual medical experts who OVERWHELMINGLY think we should all trust the vaccines. I mean they're telling pregnant women now that they should get vaxed.

People are going to do what they're going to do, but I'm going to lose my **** if some players on my favorite team take what, to me, is the selfish route...potentially costing the team games and their teammates money...because 'they read' something they didn't like.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I'm not too worried about that number is right now. 90 man roster will be getting cut down big time in a few weeks. We know Kirk, Harrison Smith, and Thielen aren't. I don't think Mond is either. If the rest of the 53 man roster is vaccinated then we'll be fine.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm not too worried about that number is right now. 90 man roster will be getting cut down big time in a few weeks. We know Kirk, Harrison Smith, and Thielen aren't. I don't think Mond is either. If the rest of the 53 man roster is vaccinated then we'll be fine.
    I thought I heard that Mond was vaccinated but then I saw he was the one with Covid and sounds like he is/was pretty sick. Who knows. Just another reason to be disappointed in the Vikings.

3 of our top veterans aren't vaxed, and that doesn't worry you? Well it worries Zim.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    3 of our top veterans aren't vaxed, and that doesn't worry you? Well it worries Zim.
    Kirk might have covid right now so if he's not going to get vaccinated then it's best that he deals with it now and not during the season. I mean yeah I'm concerned about those guys but if the majority of the 53 man roster is vaccinated by the start of the season then the reports that came out today aren't as big of a deal. Nate Stanley isn't vaccinated and you can guarantee he is going to get cut.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I'm not going to dive into pro or anti-vaccination but I think the whole game cancellation thing is being completely over blown. It's like everybody forgets the league completed a full season during the height of the pandemic last year. 90% of the league is reported to be vaccinated yet we're scared of a game being cancelled? Not going to happen. The NFL will do everything it can to play a game if there is a covid out break within a team. There was about a dozen games rescheduled last year. There was game played on every single day of the week last year. We need to remember this is the NFL were talking about. This is the same league that has made sure they have a top head line during nearly every single month of the year. The very last thing they will want is to have to cancel a game. I'm concerned we'll have to a play a game without somebody like Adam Thielen but at least this year this team has some depth. Hopefully Kirk has covid now and won't have to deal with it during the season.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

Kirk might have covid right now so if he's not going to get vaccinated then it's best that he deals with it now and not during the season. I mean yeah I'm concerned about those guys but if the majority of the 53 man roster is vaccinated by the start of the season then the reports that came out today aren't as big of a deal. Nate Stanley isn't vaccinated and you can guarantee he is going to get cut.
    You can get Covid more than once, so having it now won't do anything for him later in the season. It's just really disappointing that the guys who are supposed to be leaders on this team are the guys who won't get vaccinated. Based solely off this, I expect this to be Kirk's last contract with the Vikings.

I'll place a gentleman's wager with anyone on here that we'll lose AT LEAST one game because of unvaccinated players having to sit out.

It also just amazes me how many younger people think 'well Covid won't kill me' so just aren't worried about getting it.......I have friends in their early 40s, both avid runners, who got Covid last May and it was only recently (a year after infection!) that either of them really felt they'd regained the strength and energy they had pre-infection.

Anyone choosing to not get vaxed loses points with me...Theilen and Hitman disappoint me, Cousins already had

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    You can get Covid more than once, so having it now won't do anything for him later in the season. It's just really disappointing that the guys who are supposed to be leaders on this team are the guys who won't get vaccinated. Based solely off this, I expect this to be Kirk's last contract with the Vikings.

I'll place a gentleman's wager with anyone on here that we'll lose AT LEAST one game because of unvaccinated players having to sit out.
    I know you can get it more than once but can you get it twice within a couple months? I did a quick google search and it sounds like it's rare to catch again that quickly. I would assume if Kirk has it now that he should be safe the rest of the season but you never know.

That's not a bet I want to make lol but my understanding of the NFL protocols is that unvaccinated players have to deal with the same restrictions as last year. We didn't really have any issues with covid last year if my memory serves me correct. As long as they follow the protocols I would imagine they should be fine. Kirk is the only one I'm really worried about. We can survive a game if Thielen or Smith are forced out but we'll be in big trouble if Mond or Browning are forced to start. Hopefully Kirk gets it now and then doesn't have any problems the rest of the year.
    2021 Vikings Draft:

I haven't seen anything that says Kirk got Covid, in fact I am seeing he is returning tomorrow.

I also am not aware of the 5 day rule being a thing last year for those in close contact, I thought if you were in close contact you just needed a couple negative tests (over like 24 hours)? I guess I am not 100% sure how it went last year but to me it seems like unvaccinated have a bit stricter rules.

If this is something that costs us a couple games that would be very disappointing.

I know you can get it more than once but can you get it twice within a couple months? I did a quick google search and it sounds like it's rare to catch again that quickly. I would assume if Kirk has it now that he should be safe the rest of the season but you never know.

That's not a bet I want to make lol but my understanding of the NFL protocols is that unvaccinated players have to deal with the same restrictions as last year. We didn't really have any issues with covid last year if my memory serves me correct. As long as they follow the protocols I would imagine they should be fine. Kirk is the only one I'm really worried about. We can survive a game if Thielen or Smith are forced out but we'll be in big trouble if Mond or Browning are forced to start. Hopefully Kirk gets it now and then doesn't have any problems the rest of the year.
    I have a friend who had it twice in a couple months and ended up in the ICU both times. I can barely understand him and the dr. said his voice will never recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

The NFL just needs to make it mandatory, like many other businesses have been doing. If a few of the players can't handle it, they can retire for a year or two and come back later. I'm just amazed at how pathetic some of the "leaders" on this team are acting. What a disgrace. No matter how the team does, Zim gets a pass this year for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    The NFL just needs to make it mandatory, like many other businesses have been doing. If a few of the players can't handle it, they can retire for a year or two and come back later. I'm just amazed at how pathetic some of the "leaders" on this team are acting. What a disgrace. No matter how the team does, Zim gets a pass this year for sure.
    Unfortunately this won't be gone in a year or two....
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

FDA approval will hopefully trigger another set of people to do the right thing

This will never be completely gone, just like the flu...but it can certainly be toned down to the point it's (legitimately) viewed like the flu in that people routinely get booster shots and serious cases are minimal.

Vikings just activated QB Kirk Cousins from the reserve/COVID-19 list.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast