Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Guess it depends what Barnes is and if you all keep Dragic, East is pretty weak lol
    East has actually improved though

Nets
    Bucks
    6ers
    Heat
    Hawks
    Pacers
    Celtics
    Knicks
    Bulls
    Hornets

You can put those teams in any order they’ll all be better than the Raptors. We’ve just lost so much talent and replaced them with no one. Our lone bright spot to the season will be to watch Barnes develop.

Oh and Dragic, a 35 year old pg on an expiring contract who can’t stay healthy. Woohoo lol

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Would make sense to just have a blank slate then. Maybe is Webster was a FVV guy leave him there for Webster.

I honestly can see him doing something like making a trade for a young guy you can build with (SGA, Simmons) and saying “ok keys are yours to make this work.” That would feel very similar to what he did with Denver. They had some tradable parts and no star of hey player you can build around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m hoping they let the season dictate weather they want to become sellers or not because by the trade dead line it will become very obvious that we need to start shopping FVV/Siakam. Everyone else is pretty young and could likely be kept in a rebuild. But those two should be traded for prospects and picks to give us a head started rebuild.

At this point I would do Siakam for Simmons or SGA. Or even a bigger trade including both FVV and Siakam. Time to reset. This roster is competing for a play in tourney spot at best.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    East has actually improved though

Nets
    Bucks
    6ers
    Heat
    Hawks
    Pacers
    Celtics
    Knicks
    Bulls
    Hornets

You can put those teams in any order they’ll all be better than the Raptors. We’ve just lost so much talent and replaced them with no one. Our lone bright spot to the season will be to watch Barnes develop.

Oh and Dragic, a 35 year old pg on an expiring contract who can’t stay healthy. Woohoo lol
    I think you all could compete for the 8 seed.

I think you all could compete for the 8 seed.
    Middle of the pack = NBA hell

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    How do you feel about the fact that he took the same annual salary that Trent jr got? Only Norm signed for 5 years and Trent Jr can opt out after two? I dunno how I feel about that personally
    Gary Trent is more of a defensive presence than Norm and that’s why the Raps identity is based on nowadays. I have no idea why people are still saying Norm plays solid D because he doesn’t and never has. Trent still has potential in his offence but we know what we’re getting from him on the defensive end. Where as Norm gets buckets and does nothing else. I’m fine with the Trent deal.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Gary Trent is more of a defensive presence than Norm and that’s why the Raps identity is based on nowadays. I have no idea why people are still saying Norm plays solid D because he doesn’t and never has. Trent still has potential in his offence but we know what we’re getting from him on the defensive end. Where as Norm gets buckets and does nothing else. I’m fine with the Trent deal.
    Gary Trent Jr is statically one of the worst defenders in the league... Powell is still a negative defender but nothing close to the likes of GTJ.

Gary Trent Jr is statically one of the worst defenders in the league... Powell is still a negative defender but nothing close to the likes of GTJ.
    Yeah Blazers fans kept deluding ourselves about Trent’s hustle and defensive potential, but the reality is he’s a terrible defender currently. Maybe he gets good but he’s just not right now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123