Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    They could start Dragić next to FVV.
    They could itís just that one of the biggest issues the Raps had last year is that nobody off the bench could score.

As much sh-t as I have given the heat, they should have a really good squad next season. They were the JV squad in the Mickey Mouse Finals, but their balls MIGHT drop to varsity next season.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    As much sh-t as I have given the heat, they should have a really good squad next season. They were the JV squad in the Mickey Mouse Finals, but their balls MIGHT drop to varsity next season.
    Their depth sucks but that starting 5 are dogs

Lowry/Vincent
    Butler/Herro/Struss
    Robinson/Okpala
    Tucker/Morris
    Bam/Dedmon

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Nope, just lol'd at him being traded at the deadline for peanuts. Also lol'd @ him being traded for a layup & D max contract player like Ben Simmons.
    So they traded him afterwards for Dragic and Precious? It remains to be seen if Dragic gets moved elsewhere but I doubt he brings much back. And thatís IF heís not just bought out. Iím with S&W on this one.

Then again, at the end of the day at least the Raps got something for him, even if itís just Precious. I guess.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 08-04-2021 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Iím hoping for a 3 team trade where we send Lowry to Miami, Dragic to Dallas, & Precious + Brunson to Toronto.
    It might end up coming down to something like that but I have a feeling Powell is going to be the main piece going to Toronto from Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe Jalen + Powell + Dorian + Kleber for Dragic + Siakam... throw in some picks (from Mavericks to Toronto) and I could live with that.
    I would drive those guys to Toronto myself if the Mavs could get that deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I would drive those guys to Toronto myself if the Mavs could get that deal done.

Its a good thing you're driving because hes clearly drunk with that trade idea lol

It might end up coming down to something like that but I have a feeling Powell is going to be the main piece going to Toronto from Dallas.

yeah could be that in the end. We do need bigs and once again we dont have much leverage here.

yeah could be that in the end. We do need bigs and once again we dont have much leverage here.
    Mavs fans and beat writers are guessing it might be both Powell and Willie Cauley-Stein going to Toronto. Especially considering the Raptors just waived Baynes.

Mavs fans and beat writers are guessing it might be both Powell and Willie Cauley-Stein going to Toronto. Especially considering the Raptors just waived Baynes.

We just signed Birch. Its likely one or the other....

Im gonna go ahead and say its gonna be Powell. Just makes sense, he is Canadian and played on the Olympic team this summer under Nick Nurse along with Boucher, and Birch so there's some familiarity there. Also Powell contact makes it closer to matching. But I believe you guys can absorb some salary as well.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-04-2021 at 02:51 PM.

Iím kinda pissed that we took Dragic back. I feel like we got bullied in to helping Miami out. Wtf does a 35 year old pg on an expiring 19 mill do for us? Iím pissed homie
    Might've been more of a favor to Lowry over actually getting value that makes sense back.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Might've been more of a favor to Lowry over actually getting value that makes sense back.
    Yeah, but he could have just signed there out right, and then they would have to deal Dragic instead of us. He doesnít have much value we may be stuck with him for the year. Ah well

As long as they don't give up Kleber or Jalen. If they give either player for Dragic, Mavericks are screwing themselves.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

As long as they don't give up Kleber or Jalen. If they give either player for Dragic, Mavericks are screwing themselves.
    It actually seems the two teams are at an impasse. From what Iíve read Masai wants more incentive to trade Dragic to Dallas (Masai wants Josh Green from what I hear). Mavs not willing to include any incentive.

Itís going to be interesting to see what Masai does if heís not able to unload Dragicís $19M. The Mavs donít NEED Dragic considering they already have Brunson. I expect the Mavs will look elsewhere and Toronto will be forced to either eat Dragicís $19M, but him out, or trade him elsewhere. Keep in mind that Dragic also hurt his trade stock by saying Dallas is where he wants to play.

Dallas doesnít want that $19M either and I expect has already moved on from Dragic and looking at other options. If Dragic is bought out by Toronto I also expect he will sign in Dallas for a lot less than the $19M Toronto is on the hook for.

Or do they just back out of the deal with Miami?

Without another viable PG on the roster I think Jalen is safe. Not so sure about Maxi though. I love him as a player but the Mavs have 6 centers on their roster now. Maxi is one of their best trade assets. I would be surprised if heís still on the roster after the trade deadline.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast