Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins @ Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Itís been all season, weíre amongst the lowest scoring teams in the league. Itís already long term
    We know. We all know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random thought and not sure if someone has covered this...

So, rules for signing a player off another team that turned down the QO, you have to forfeit your second highest pick, correct?

So, you telling me by not signing Rocker, we get the 11th next year but might lose our original first rounder that could land somewhere in the early 20's or something?

That'd be ****ing awful and make not signing Rocker even worse...

Hope I'm wrong about that... I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Random thought and not sure if someone has covered this...

So, rules for signing a player off another team that turned down the QO, you have to forfeit your second highest pick, correct?

So, you telling me by not signing Rocker, we get the 11th next year but might lose our original first rounder that could land somewhere in the early 20's or something?

That'd be ****ing awful and make not signing Rocker even worse...

Hope I'm wrong about that... I don't know
    Yup.

Those are the rules, so Sandy and co. In their stupidity have put themselves in a position to not sign anybody that rejects a QO because they will lose their second first round pick.

Now luckily they decide to go for Bryant, they do t have to worry about a QO because he was traded mid season.

You have to look at the guys that can receive a QO and put a check to them and know the Mets will likely not sign them.

So in that list Iíll put.

Nick Castellanos if he opts out.
    Freddy Freeman who likely was going to stay with Braves
    Forget any of the SS because they have their guy.

Pitchers Kevin Gausman, Jon Grey and thatís pretty much it.

Btw Gausman canít be given a QO because he was last year, so Mets can actually try and sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    We know. We all know.

The problem is they never have their whole lineup in place for any extended period of time. Not to say they would be some juggernaut offensively but they would certainly be at least league average.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Btw Gausman canít be given a QO because he was last year, so Mets can actually try and sign him.

Assuming Syndergaard comes back, I wouldn't worry so much about acquiring another SP, except as depth. They really need to continue adding to this lineup and building a deeper bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Assuming Syndergaard comes back, I wouldn't worry so much about acquiring another SP, except as depth. They really need to continue adding to this lineup and building a deeper bullpen.
    Honestly I rather sign Gausman and let Syndergaard walk. Dude is made of glass man, but one guy likely will cost 150 million because he may be the front runner for CY and the other guy will cost a lot less.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Honestly I rather sign Gausman and let Syndergaard walk. Dude is made of glass man, but one guy likely will cost 150 million because he may be the front runner for CY and the other guy will cost a lot less.

I like Gausman but I would much rather invest in this lineup and build a deeper bullpen so that the reliance on SP becomes even less of a thing. The game is going that way anyways. The offense has to be addressed though. If that means reworking the OF/3B so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I like Gausman but I would much rather invest in this lineup and build a deeper bullpen so that the reliance on SP becomes even less of a thing. The game is going that way anyways. The offense has to be addressed though. If that means reworking the OF/3B so be it.
    I think once again Bryant makes more sense and I hope they donít do the silly thing and sign Baez to play 2nd.

Bryant at RF, Nimmo at CF and Smith in LF/DH. I think Lee can be a solid guy as a 4th outfielder.

Bryant can also be moved to 3rd as a short term solution till Baty is ready.

Some holes will have to be filled by guys in the organization.

Cortez, Lee, Baty and specially Vientos seem to be on the cusp on being ready for the majors within a year or two.

Pens are always tricky, but I do think they have to start thinking about a more reliable closer.

Whenís the last time this ****ing team scored in the first inning? 2019?

walker looks awful

Game over. G'nite, fellas.

jd davis strikes again

Behind again. Walker leaving a ton of pitches over the middle and ó unlike our Mets ó the Marlins arenít missing them.

walker is throwing batting practice

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast