Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    LOL there's nothing that can be done about it.
    I would still try lmao

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

JB wasn't leaving South Beach. Now he has Kyle Lowry to join him,

Heat opened up they wallets today. Robinson 90 million, Butler 185 million, Lowry 90 million. Thats over 360 million

I agree with War and MBT. If your told Butler he wasn’t getting a max extension and if he doesn’t like it he can just leave there would be 29 other teams lining up to pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I agree with War and MBT. If your told Butler he wasn’t getting a max extension and if he doesn’t like it he can just leave there would be 29 other teams lining up to pay it.
    Agreed.

Heck Forbes scored more then Butler in that series. This contract wont age well. Butler's best days are behind him. Ton of miles on him. Seemed to want out when things go bad.

But the hard thing with Butler is you have to do it or he gets pissy. It's the good and bad with Butler.

BTW a very under the radar story with Butler: His shooting has been on the decline especially form 3. Maybe he's reinventing himself into the distributor type role and he doesn't try to take as many shots? Maybe he's lost someone in his corner that made him better at it? I'm not sure, but the decline in those numbers is worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    But the hard thing with Butler is you have to do it or he gets pissy. It's the good and bad with Butler.

BTW a very under the radar story with Butler: His shooting has been on the decline especially form 3. Maybe he's reinventing himself into the distributor type role and he doesn't try to take as many shots? Maybe he's lost someone in his corner that made him better at it? I'm not sure, but the decline in those numbers is worth watching.
    That’s not a Butler thing, I think every player of his caliber expects to get paid a max extension (and several below his level).

That’s not a Butler thing, I think every player of his caliber expects to get paid a max extension (and several below his level).
    More talking about the moment he can get one. Most guys like to wait until the last minute because it's more lucrative. He wants it as soon as he's eligible.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Heck Forbes scored more then Butler in that series. This contract wont age well. Butler's best days are behind him. Ton of miles on him. Seemed to want out when things go bad.
    On a Max in South Beach……something tells me he’ll be fine from here on out…..

Report: Jimmy Butler contract extension just three, not four, years

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/08/10...ot-four-years/

Jimmy Butler still signed a lucrative extension with the Heat. He’ll still be under contract through age 36 in 2026.

But it’s a three-year extension, not the four-year extension initially reported,*according to Bobby Marks of ESPN.

Instead of replacing his $37,653,300 player option for 2022-23 with a higher max salary (projected to be $42 million) in the extension, Butler exercised his player option in conjunction with the new deal. The extension will begin in 2023.

The extension will be worth between $135,240,854 and $146,396,030.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12