Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Butler and Heat agreeing to extension, 4/$185mil

Per Shams

$50mil in his age 37 year.

They learned from the Bulls, Wolves, and Sixers mistakes. Just pay this guy and let him smash Rachael Nichols.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    They learned from the Bulls, Wolves, and Sixers mistakes. Just pay this guy and let him smash Rachael Nichols.
    Wait a minute, for real him and Nichols??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always say this... There are only a couple of players that should be getting this kind of money; and Butler skill set does not put him on that list. There is nothing wrong with telling a player, here is 25 or 30mil.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by RowBTrice View Post
    Wait a minute, for real him and Nichols??

That's the rumor of those 2 while in the bubble lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I always say this... There are only a couple of players that should be getting this kind of money; and Butler skill set does not put him on that list. There is nothing wrong with telling a player, here is 25 or 30mil.
    There is when it's Jimmy Butler and he'll destroy your locker room over not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    There is when it's Jimmy Butler and he'll destroy your locker room over not getting it.
    If I'm a owner or front office, I'm not worrying about players trying to destroy my franchise, thats what lawyers and the League is for.

I know I'm in the minority in thinking this way, but if you are not Curry, KD, LBJ 2yrs ago, AD...etc

I'm looking at you dead in your face and say, do you want 20 or 30mil? No I'm not giving you over 40mil a season, I guess you don't really want to be here, and we'll find a team that whats to MAX you out.

As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

If I'm a owner or front office, I'm not worrying about players trying to destroy my franchise, thats what lawyers and the League is for.

I know I'm in the minority in thinking this way, but if you are not Curry, KD, LBJ 2yrs ago, AD...etc

I'm looking at you dead in your face and say, do you want 20 or 30mil? No I'm not giving you over 40mil a season, I guess you don't really want to be here, and we'll find a team that whats to MAX you out.
    What are a bunch of lawyers or the league gonna do if he pulls the **** he did in Chicago or Minnesota again? lol

What are a bunch of lawyers or the league gonna do if he pulls the **** he did in Chicago or Minnesota again? lol
    Thats them... Not me. If I can get evidence on an contracted employee trying to destroy "your words" my team in anyway; I'm going in.

But to each their own.

D Rob 5yrs 90mil ....dear goodness

At the end of the day, i'll trade that player and if he ask stupid, then I'm going for that money.

Thats them... Not me. If I can get evidence on an contracted employee trying to destroy "your words" my team in anyway; I'm going in.

But to each their own.

D Rob 5yrs 90mil ....dear goodness
    LOL there's nothing that can be done about it.

I think this is a great short-term extension for Miami and a bad long-term one. You needed that cornerstone piece locked down to attract other stars and stay relevant in the East, and you're still going to likely get that top 10-15 player caliber production from him for another year or two. But given his injury history, I just can't imagine he'll still be that same guy at 34-35 years old.

That being said, the Heat had to do it. I disagree with anyone who says you don't pay max guys max money. Butler at $45 million is 100% worth it versus two borderline All-Stars at $22.5M apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I think this is a great short-term extension for Miami and a bad long-term one. You needed that cornerstone piece locked down to attract other stars and stay relevant in the East, and you're still going to likely get that top 10-15 player caliber production from him for another year or two. But given his injury history, I just can't imagine he'll still be that same guy at 34-35 years old.

That being said, the Heat had to do it. I disagree with anyone who says you don't pay max guys max money. Butler at $45 million is 100% worth it versus two borderline All-Stars at $22.5M apiece.
    Agreed on all counts. And for aging players itís an unfortunate economics of the NBA for teams to have to pay a guy max dollars in years he might not be a max worthy guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

It all depends on if you determine if that player is a Max player. I believe that there are only a hand full of true Max players.

Organizations just need to stand tall and refuse to pay, if the skill set doesn't matchup.

Agreed on all counts. And for aging players itís an unfortunate economics of the NBA for teams to have to pay a guy max dollars in years he might not be a max worthy guy.

I understand this... But it doesn't make it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast