Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 116 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1754
    Quote Originally Posted by flimflamman View Post
    I think StillA is afraid Leon Rose is being swindled by Ainge. I think if they are competing for the same player it comes down to where they player wants to go and if player X prefers Boston then might as well get a second out of it for an other deal. I think Leon Rose has a plan and has explored all options. I wonder about Reggie with Dallas, we didn't do a sign and trade with them.
    lets forget about aggregation we gave them a 17.1 TE, they can now add a first round pick and trade for a player that is worth 17.1 or less, does that not make sense to everyone?

That is not worth more than a 2023 2nd round pick that we are waiting for the worst case scenario, so lets be generous and say we get a mid second, everyone knows you buy them for 2m right?

I'd rather Dolan spend 2 or even pay higher 3m then give Boston that flexibility.

And when there is a vet who wants to go to a playoff team that is when these could be used as well, Iggy was traded using this exception twice, how great is it to pick up a player a vet earning 17m and not give anything back to get him but either a late first or in Memphis case they actually got a first from GS in 2024 to take on that 17m contract.

So yes i'd take a 17m TE over a second round pick by one of my main competitors any day of the week and Sat and Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I think they keep Knox as 3rd string PF. He is a Kentucky guy.
    Let's never taking about tanking again.
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    lets forget about aggregation we gave them a 17.1 TE, they can now add a first round pick and trade for a player that is worth 17.1 or less, does that not make sense to everyone?

That is not worth more than a 2023 2nd round pick that we are waiting for the worst case scenario, so lets be generous and say we get a mid second, everyone knows you buy them for 2m right?

I'd rather Dolan spend 2 or even pay higher 3m then give Boston that flexibility.

And when there is a vet who wants to go to a playoff team that is when these could be used as well, Iggy was traded using this exception twice, how great is it to pick up a player a vet earning 17m and not give anything back to get him but either a late first or in Memphis case they actually got a first from GS in 2024 to take on that 17m contract.

So yes i'd take a 17m TE over a second round pick by one of my main competitors any day of the week and Sat and Sun.
    Then you know better then Rose

i'm going to add one more bit of information:

How did Boston get Fourn last year for the playoff push and playoffs? What did they give up and what did they use to get his 17m contract last year?

Smart GM's know how to use things like TE if the opportunity arises, and i'm not against getting a second round pick but when a team is in your division, your conference and you give them more tools well they won that transaction imo.

With Gordon Hayward already headed to the Hornets last offseason, the Celtics sent Charlotte two second-round picks to turn the deal into a sign-and-trade and create a large trade exception. Boston then used the trade exception to acquire Evan Fournier (and Josh Richardson).

Now, with Fournier already headed to the Knicks, the Celtics will send New York another second-rounder to create another trade exception.

Then you know better then Rose
    you talk about other posters so leave the sarcasm at home ok, read my next post, i just gave an example of how that same team already used the TE, tell me in a playoff push getting Fourn only giving up 2nds and using a TE was not huge?

It better be in Knick fans minds because we just signed him for 3 guaranteed seasons lol.

Has nothing to do with knowing more, facts are facts and if an opportunity arises we gave them the same exact ave to sign another Fourn if again that opportunity arises.

And every single year multiple opportunities arise for teams looking to get a couple seconds for a contract that is expiring before they lose a player for nothing.

And you asked a great question before why didn't Dallas do that for us? It's to late now but I'm guessing they didn't feel a second round pick was worth the Knicks getting a 10m TE?

Logical?

i'm going to add one more bit of information:

How did Boston get Fourn last year for the playoff push and playoffs? What did they give up and what did they use to get his 17m contract last year?

Smart GM's know how to use things like TE if the opportunity arises, and i'm not against getting a second round pick but when a team is in your division, your conference and you give them more tools well they won that transaction imo.
    Letís see what happens. Boston is already above the luxury tax line, so adding a $17M player or even something smaller would cost exponentially more to them.

Then they have a ton of salary coming off the books after this year, so not sure how helpful the TE will be unless they absolutely load up on FAs.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    I think they keep Knox as 3rd string PF. He is a Kentucky guy.
    Let's never taking about tanking again.
    you talk about other posters so leave the sarcasm at home ok, read my next post, i just gave an example of how that same team already used the TE, tell me in a playoff push getting Fourn only giving up 2nds and using a TE was not huge?

It better be in Knick fans minds because we just signed him for 3 guaranteed seasons lol.

Has nothing to do with knowing more, facts are facts and if an opportunity arises we gave them the same exact ave to sign another Fourn if again that opportunity arises.

And every single year multiple opportunities arise for teams looking to get a couple seconds for a contract that is expiring before they lose a player for nothing.

And you asked a great question before why didn't Dallas do that for us? It's to late now but I'm guessing they didn't feel a second round pick was worth the Knicks getting a 10m TE?

Logical?
    Stilla you have drawn your conclusions. If your right you know more then Rose. I think the team has considered all options. There was no sarcasm. Teams do what's best for their teams. You feel the Knicks should have turned down a second to prevent Boston from getting a TE. Team felt otherwise.
    Last edited by flimflamman; 08-18-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Boston Celtics stink. Theyíre never aggressive and how many teams trade good players for a trade exception and a pick? Not worried. 2023 is still projected to be the double draft. They obviously like the idea of that. Itís not a big deal at all.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331

I'm shocked mcbride didn't make it into summer league all nba teams wow they disrespecting the kid already.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    what are we stopping?
    this

Evan Fournier is better than you think...

Watch "EVAN FOURNIER BEST OF SEASON 💪 | Top Plays from the 2020/21 NBA Season" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/txPsJfpYkI8

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    I'm shocked mcbride didn't make it into summer league all nba teams wow they disrespecting the kid already.

He was good, but didnít really have standout performances (gaudy stats) until the last two games. Didnít expect him to be on there.

Doesnít matter either way, itís still just SL.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He was good, but didnít really have standout performances (gaudy stats) until the last two games. Didnít expect him to be on there.

Doesnít matter either way, itís still just SL.
    Nah he should have been in there but nba is doing corporate ******** can't have multiple Knicks players in there.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Nah he should have been in there but nba is doing corporate ******** can't have multiple Knicks players in there.

Lmao what. Stop your ****. Go back to your hating style much better than this.
    Spurs Sim league
    2 time Champion 653-331