Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Otto Porter is another name thats coming up for the midlevel exception.

Definitely a high quality 3 and D guy and he rebounds the ball pretty well. He might be looking for an opportunity to be a starter though. I think he could help the warriors in a 20 mpg role and he could step in and start at either the 3 or 4 if needed.
    Porter would be a great get but yea I think hes going to chase a larger role.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Porter would be a great get but yea I think hes going to chase a larger role.
    a few other names for wings... alec burke, will barton, Garret Temple, Jamichael Green

Bigs- ed davis, zach collins, Alex Len

warriors appear to be sitting on their hands again like last yr

I mean who can y'all realistically go after though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I mean who can y'all realistically go after though?
    most of the people named in this thread are still available

Was hoping wed hear something by now. Even though everyone not named TJ is still available, if the Warriors strike out on FAs this year, that would be a monumental L

I get the feeling its gonna be Iggy and thats it. Hope we can also land Milsap. Those two would be very useful vets to land but really think we need a 7 footer.

Batum just went off the board. hes headed back to the clippers.

this isnt a money issue for the warriors the last couple yrs.... players just dont want to come to the bay

Would a sign and trade with oubre for derozen interest anybody? (i suppose it would depend on the price tag)

He cant shoot from outside, but hes been averaging over 20 pts over 5 boards and over 5 assists a game the last 3 yrs. Apparently there arent a lot of teams that can afford him our oubre in an outright signing. He gives the warriors a qualified starter for klay, a great guy on the bench and a guy who can start at 3 right now if a Big trade comes up involving wiggins.

This would be an out of the box way to bring in talent that the warriors could never afford otherwise..... but the fit isnt perfect.

it would still keep the mid level exception available

Id bring in Derozen. Not sure why the Spurs do it unless he insists on coming to the Bay

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Id bring in Derozen. Not sure why the Spurs do it unless he insists on coming to the Bay
    1) spurs apparently dont want derozen.
    2) It appears that his options for teams with anywhere near the kind of money he is seeking are really shrinking.
    3) Spurs want Oubre

I think spurs probably do this. I dont know if derozen wants to come to gs with an undefined role (even if the money is decent and warriors as a team are a pretty good option compared to his alternatives). I also dont know if Ownership goes way into the luxury tax again... seeing as it wasnt a huge success last yr with Oubre. This yr with klay coming back, the improvement of Jordan Poole and the drafting of Moses Moody- the need for a guy like derozen isnt as glaring as oubre's situation last yr.

Would a sign and trade with oubre for derozen interest anybody? (i suppose it would depend on the price tag)

He cant shoot from outside, but hes been averaging over 20 pts over 5 boards and over 5 assists a game the last 3 yrs. Apparently there arent a lot of teams that can afford him our oubre in an outright signing. He gives the warriors a qualified starter for klay, a great guy on the bench and a guy who can start at 3 right now if a Big trade comes up involving wiggins.

This would be an out of the box way to bring in talent that the warriors could never afford otherwise..... but the fit isnt perfect.

Would swap them in a heartbeat but we cant do a sign and trade. Wed be hardcapped and we can shed the contracts to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Would swap them in a heartbeat but we cant do a sign and trade. Wed be hardcapped and we can shed the contracts to make that happen.
    why cant we do a sign and trade?

Otto Porter is another name thats coming up for the midlevel exception.

Definitely a high quality 3 and D guy and he rebounds the ball pretty well. He might be looking for an opportunity to be a starter though. I think he could help the warriors in a 20 mpg role and he could step in and start at either the 3 or 4 if needed.
    You might hate him ... he's got a health issue.

Can't take in Derozan. Can't take in a S&T player.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast