Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Free Agency

Free Agency

Scoots, you can merge this in 4 or 5 days with the offseason thread if you want.... but I thought the draft and free agency should have different threads atleast for a little while. LOL even though I created a new thread for Kuminga and Moody.

Batum looks to be a target in free agency. ON bleacher report I saw a tweet from Keith Smith that read

"Andre Iguodala back to the Warriors for the minimum or for the Tax MLE seems like the lockiest of locks."

I appreciate what iggy did for us, but at this stage.... he isnt going to give us enough rotation minutes to warrant our mid level exception. I really hope he isnt signed and hope he isnt our first signing if we do consider him.

Zach Collins was not offered an extension in Portland. hes been injured the last couple yrs.... but I liked him a lot in the 2019 conference finals series.

Kawai opts out..... maybe to sign an extended contract?

Also- warriors are planning to waive Smiley. He has 2 more non guaranteed years on his rookie deal. I think basically JTA took his spot. this does free up somone for free agency.

I expect Moulder, payton and maybe bazemore to be waived as well.

The Clippers essentially have to pay Kawhi what he wants.

Iguodala I'd consider on the vet min, I'd rather pay him twice as much and have him as a coach and save the roster spot. For me it really all comes down to who he kicks off the roster, and that has to do with who else they sign.

Olynyk is apparently out of the Warriors price range.

Batum is a nice fit so he makes sense as a target.

Portis is a free agent but he probably is going to re-sing with the Bucks.

At this point the "dream" is Batum, TJ, Chriss. If that comes through then the question is Iggy vs Lee/GP2/Mulder/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The Clippers essentially have to pay Kawhi what he wants.

Iguodala I'd consider on the vet min, I'd rather pay him twice as much and have him as a coach and save the roster spot. For me it really all comes down to who he kicks off the roster, and that has to do with who else they sign.

Olynyk is apparently out of the Warriors price range.

Batum is a nice fit so he makes sense as a target.

Portis is a free agent but he probably is going to re-sing with the Bucks.

At this point the "dream" is Batum, TJ, Chriss. If that comes through then the question is Iggy vs Lee/GP2/Mulder/etc.
    correct me if im wrong but this is what i see there roster as now

Guards

Curry
    Thompson
    Poole
    D Lee
    Mannion
    Moody
    Moulder
    Payton

Forwards

Draymond
    Wiggins
    Paschall
    JTA
    Kuminga

Centers

Wiseman
    Looney

Thats 13 spots assuming they waive Moulder and Payton. The roster is 15 full contracts and 2 2 way contracts. Or is there anybody else who could be waived if the right upgrade comes. D Lee and JTA would be next on my list.... remember they just signed Nico to a full contract I think (or was it a 2 way).

Would Iggy consider a 2 way?

but in terms of roster spots..... looks like 2 and it would make sense for one of those 2 to be able to play center.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    correct me if im wrong but this is what i see there roster as now

Guards

Curry
    Thompson
    Poole
    D Lee
    Mannion
    Moody
    Moulder
    Payton

Forwards

Draymond
    Wiggins
    Paschall
    JTA
    Kuminga

Centers

Wiseman
    Looney

Thats 13 spots assuming they waive Moulder and Payton. The roster is 15 full contracts and 2 2 way contracts. Or is there anybody else who could be waived if the right upgrade comes. D Lee and JTA would be next on my list.... remember they just signed Nico to a full contract I think (or was it a 2 way).

Would Iggy consider a 2 way?

but in terms of roster spots..... looks like 2 and it would make sense for one of those 2 to be able to play center.
    Mannion is on a 2 way.

Curry
    Klay, Poole, Moody
    Wiggins, Kuminga
    Green, JTA, Paschall
    Looney, Wiseman

That's 11 players on guaranteed contracts.

GP2 is not guaranteed
    Mulder and Lee are team options

TJ, Batum, Chriss, Lee is my guess ... but they may not want to go all the way to 15.

Mannion is on a 2 way.

Curry
    Klay, Poole, Moody
    Wiggins, Kuminga
    Green, JTA, Paschall
    Looney, Wiseman

That's 11 players on guaranteed contracts.

GP2 is not guaranteed
    Mulder and Lee are team options

TJ, Batum, Chriss, Lee is my guess ... but they may not want to go all the way to 15.
    batum isnt a sure thing- how would you feel about a rudy gay or paul milsap?

also any other point guards aside from tj.... i havent seen any tweets connecting him to golden state (not that that means anything... but really you are the only one ive heard pushing that)

batum isnt a sure thing- how would you feel about a rudy gay or paul milsap?

also any other point guards aside from tj.... i havent seen any tweets connecting him to golden state (not that that means anything... but really you are the only one ive heard pushing that)
    Not so much on Millsap, but Gay would be fine.

There really are not many PGs out there. Mills is popular for some reason. Raul Neto maybe?

The one that occured to me recently that makes a lot of sense and very little sense is a S&T of Oubre to the Raptors for Goran Dragic on a 1 year deal (who is supposedly going to the Raps for Lowry). But that's REALLY unlikely.

GP2, Nico, and Poole may be as good as the Warriors can do at backup PG.

Heck as long as the Warriors are dealing with the Raps get Boucher back too.

If I'm the Warriors, I would go after Igoudala because he knows the system and he has won titles here with Steph, Klay and Draymond.

But I would be looking to trade Oubre

And I would sign Nicolas Batum from the Clippers

And I would sign Rudy Gay from the Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If I'm the Warriors, I would go after Igoudala because he knows the system and he has won titles here with Steph, Klay and Draymond.

But I would be looking to trade Oubre

And I would sign Nicolas Batum from the Clippers

And I would sign Rudy Gay from the Spurs
    Can't trade Oubre without signing him, to sign him will take $15 to $20M a year ... who wants him that bad and has an asset the Warriors want back for that much and who they want to pay $100M a year for?

It would be more possible to do these things if the team could force players to sign.

Heck as long as the Warriors are dealing with the Raps get Boucher back too.
    who says the warriors are talking with the raptors

The dream for me is still:

TJ
    Batum
    Olynyk

All 3 may be priced out of the Warriors range. If they are all gone that becomes a much sadder list:

Elfrid Payton/Raul Neto/Bonga
    Iguodala/Solomon Hill/Millsap
    Robin Lopez/Noel/Willy Hernangomez/Chriss
    Last edited by Scoots; 08-02-2021 at 10:05 AM.

The dream for me is still:

TJ
    Batum
    Olynyk

All 3 may be priced out of the Warriors range. If they are all gone that becomes a much sadder list:

Elfrid Payton/Raul Neto/Bonga
    Iguodala/Solomon Hill/Millsap
    Robin Lopez/Noel/Willy Hernangomez/Chriss
    not really feeling the wing options at all.... how do you feel about rudy gay

not really feeling the wing options at all.... how do you feel about rudy gay
    He's okay but he's been playing 4 which is a very deep position on the Warriors, but so has Batum.

That wing position is REALLY hard to fill outside of the draft in the modern NBA. The best option may well be Iguodala, and if he buys in and spends all his time in the ear of Moody and Kuminga it could be the best option.

Otto Porter is another name thats coming up for the midlevel exception.

Definitely a high quality 3 and D guy and he rebounds the ball pretty well. He might be looking for an opportunity to be a starter though. I think he could help the warriors in a 20 mpg role and he could step in and start at either the 3 or 4 if needed.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast