Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Most of these rumours are bs. Just like I think the asking price Philly is asking for Simmons is likely bs. Can’t read to much in to these rumours. Half of them are smoke screens.
    I always wonder how much is a leak versus the team sending an unnamed message to control the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I always wonder how much is a leak versus the team sending an unnamed message to control the narrative.
    What I've learned:

A guy gets a "fair" deal - Team leaked it.
    A guy gets a little more than expected - Agent leaked it.
    A guy is asking for too much - Team leaked it.
    A guy isn't generating a market and more teams suddenly interested - Agent leaked it.
    A team is asking too much in a trade - Team 'giving' up more leaked it.
    Two teams agree to a deal - Both teams contact the same person to verify the story.
    Two teams are close - The team that needs the deal is trying to push the other team.
    Two teams are talking - The team wanting to move someone is trying to urge the other team to get more involved.

I do feel the term "smoke screen" gets overplayed at times, but in most cases the agents and teams are trying to use the media to get agents, players, GMs, owners to agree to things they wouldn't if none of the talks ever got out.

Allegedly Lakers haven't gave up on somehow trying to acquire Buddy Hield

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Allegedly Lakers haven't gave up on somehow trying to acquire Buddy Hield
    Dear lord. I mean I guess they can reroute Schroder/THT to someone else to be hard capped and send assets to Sacto.

Dallas needs to get in there with a KP for Hield+Salary swap. It's such a good fit for both sides.

Wow, ik Windy isn't too tied in but he just proposed a huge idea.

DeRozan to the Pelicans, S/T Markkanen to the Spurs (their alleged #1 FA target), S/T Ball to the Bulls. However Bulls think they can get more for Markkanen.

In conjunction with that he said LaVine wants a raise on this season plus extension but the only way that can happen is if the Bulls have cap so more moves would have to happen.

Wow, ik Windy isn't too tied in but he just proposed a huge idea.

DeRozan to the Pelicans, S/T Markkanen to the Spurs (their alleged #1 FA target), S/T Ball to the Bulls. However Bulls think they can get more for Markkanen.

In conjunction with that he said LaVine wants a raise on this season plus extension but the only way that can happen is if the Bulls have cap so more moves would have to happen.
    LOL Ball for Markkanen is one heck of a deal for the Bulls, they are nuts if they think they can get more.

Good luck to LaVine on that. So hard to do.

NBA Central
    @TheNBACentral
    ·
    7h
    There had been internal discussions within the Knicks organization about possible replacements for Derrick Rose, per
    @IanBegley

"…some with the Knicks wanted to let Rose find other offers before they made their own." Hushed face

1st Photoshop of Rose with his new team:

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    LOL Ball for Markkanen is one heck of a deal for the Bulls, they are nuts if they think they can get more.

So actually just seen a different 3 teamer, from Kristian Winfield (a Nets beat writer, lol)

The change is Hornets as the 3rd team with Markkanen headed there and Graham headed to the Pelicans, this one makes more sense.

Seems Ball to the Bulls is set but for what exactly who knows, been 3 rumors since this morning.

So I had it wrong, Windy said Ball and DeRozan to the Bulls... Sheesh.

So actually just seen a different 3 teamer, from Kristian Winfield (a Nets beat writer, lol)

The change is Hornets as the 3rd team with Markkanen headed there and Graham headed to the Pelicans, this one makes more sense.

Seems Ball to the Bulls is set but for what exactly who knows, been 3 rumors since this morning.
    I've heard versions where the Bulls want to sign him outright to a deal they feel the Pels won't match, but then there's some that they want him so much they'll S&T for him. So who knows. Gotta wonder if the Bulls are trying for a TPE to make the move, have cap, extend LaVine, then pull off the trade with Ball into TPE space.

So I had it wrong, Windy said Ball and DeRozan to the Bulls... Sheesh.
    That's worse somehow.

Ball
    DDR
    LaVine
    Williams
    Vuc

RIP Windy City rims lol. Midrange City more like it.

I tell you what, the Hornets not developing Miles Bridges into a 3nD combo wing is NBA malpractice. Now having Gordon, Washington, possibly Markkanen who can play some 4 but will likely be a 5 all there with him? He should ask out. LOL.

I've heard versions where the Bulls want to sign him outright to a deal they feel the Pels won't match, but then there's some that they want him so much they'll S&T for him. So who knows. Gotta wonder if the Bulls are trying for a TPE to make the move, have cap, extend LaVine, then pull off the trade with Ball into TPE space.
    I heard that too, Dave mcmenamin said they would rather work a S/T bc they know Pels could just match. But yeah you make a good point about the TPE.

I heard that too, Dave mcmenamin said they would rather work a S/T bc they know Pels could just match. But yeah you make a good point about the TPE.
    Just a possible path to get it all done. Send out Markkanen for more than you get coming in for him, extend Lavine, then you don't have to send out as much salary for Ball and NO is happy having the extra space.

Via Chris Mannix:
    · The Blazers have shown no inkling they intend to move on from Damian Lillard or C.J. McCollum, and have a slew of their own free agents—Norman Powell, most notably, plus guaranteeing the $12 million for the final year of Jusuf Nurkić’s contract, which Portland is expected to do—to deal with. Ex-Blazer Nicolas Batum is on Portland’s radar, per a source, with the Blazers projecting to be limited with what they can spend by their $5.3 million mid-level exception.
    This likely isn't what Lillard had in mind when he said about wanting a Championship roster.

Jimmy Butler reportedly looking to sign a 4 year $181mil extension with the Heat. If it waives his PO, he's tied to the Heat until his age 36 season; if he doesn't it ties him to them until his age 37 season; if he waits one more year it's worth $200+ mil.

Can you imagine Butler at 37 making near $50mil?

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast