Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I hope Gasol gets traded to GSW. He's perfect for that team.
    Yeah, he's a good fit there for sure. Probably can mentor Wiseman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I hope Gasol gets traded to GSW. He's perfect for that team.
    If they need a fatass who can't run anymore yeah he would be perfect.

Not a big signing if it even happened. Not confirmed yet. But sounds like Giannis and Thanasis younger brother Alex was shooting around with the Bucks. He went undrafted. Maybe gets a two way deal since we got one spot for two way left. Bucks be first team with three brothers on same team.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Not a big signing if it even happened. Not confirmed yet. But sounds like Giannis and Thanasis younger brother Alex was shooting around with the Bucks. He went undrafted. Maybe gets a two way deal since we got one spot for two way left. Bucks be first team with three brothers on same team.
    Would be really cool and I think the Bucks should do that for Giannis.

For some basketball news:

Looks like Gasol was traded to the Grizz and might be retired.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/09/....html#ref=home

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    For some basketball news:

Looks like Gasol was traded to the Grizz and might be retired.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/09/....html#ref=home
    Good for him. He's had a really great career. Even factoring in his international play, I don't think he's close to being a Hall of Famer, but he might at least get some votes at some point.

And it started out so odd, being the throw-in player in a trade for his brother that made the Lakers a powerhouse again. But he ended up being one the key guys who really made the Grizzlies relevant for the first time in the franchise's history.

Gun to my head, he's probably the greatest Grizzly of all-time, with ZBo and Conley right behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Good for him. He's had a really great career. Even factoring in his international play, I don't think he's close to being a Hall of Famer, but he might at least get some votes at some point.

And it started out so odd, being the throw-in player in a trade for his brother that made the Lakers a powerhouse again. But he ended up being one the key guys who really made the Grizzlies relevant for the first time in the franchise's history.

Gun to my head, he's probably the greatest Grizzly of all-time, with ZBo and Conley right behind him.
    He値l make the HOF because it痴 a basketball HOF and guys with weaker careers have made it. People need to learn the Basketball HOF is the weakest in all sports. Heck I知 convinced the only reason Ben Wallace made it is because he was undrafted, not because he was that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    He値l make the HOF because it痴 a basketball HOF and guys with weaker careers have made it. People need to learn the Basketball HOF is the weakest in all sports. Heck I知 convinced the only reason Ben Wallace made it is because he was undrafted, not because he was that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm aware of this, dude. See the part where I said "even factoring in his international play?" Check out the man's international numbers. Not exactly earth shattering.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...c-gasol-1.html

He might get in on two silver medals in the Olympics and a DPOY and three All-Star games in the NBA, but that's a pretty weak resume on paper. Find me a 14/7/3/1 guy with pedestrian international numbers currently in the Hall of Fame.

To me, Wallace is totally deserving. He was the best defensive player in the league and anchored the league's best defense for a perennial contender for the better part of a decade. Not a first-ballot guy, but totally deserving.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    The HOF that jumps to mind about how the standards move in time is Jerry Rice at 35 years old tore up his knee twice in one year, and his numbers AFTER that from 36 to 42 years old when he retired were good enough to get Lynn Swann in the hall of fame during Rice's career.

In baseball winning 20 games in a season went from common to special to rare. With that in mind how can we compare stats between hall of famers from just a decade apart?

Sports change over time, and the hall of fame standards do too.

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29373839