Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Jimmy Butler reportedly looking to sign a 4 year $181mil extension with the Heat. If it waives his PO, he's tied to the Heat until his age 36 season; if he doesn't it ties him to them until his age 37 season; if he waits one more year it's worth $200+ mil.

Can you imagine Butler at 37 making near $50mil?
    Dude said he only wanted to play until 35 lol

Spears says Iggy may be headed back to the bay area.

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/s...725058049?s=20

League sources believe the Spencer Dinwiddie sweepstakes are a three-way race between the #Pelicans, #Knicks and possibly #Wizards. Im told the Pels have been coveting Dinwiddie and could they have the inside track - perhaps w/a longer deal that would pay him upwards of $20M per

Guess they know they'll lose Ball and missed on Lowry.

Hoop Central
    @TheHoopCentral
    1h
    With the signs looking so strong that Kyle Lowry will likely land in Miami via sign-and-trade with Toronto, a source said New Orleans is pivoting its focus to [Reggie] Jackson as a possible Zion Williamson partner.

(via @sam_amick)

Shams reporting the following:
    Schroder likely will meet with the Knicks.
    John Collins and the Hawks are no where close on a deal and he's likely to meet with teams.

The Rockets are rumored to be interested and possibly in the lead for Daniel Theis. I like Theis' game and think he would be a good fit next to Wood, but with Sengun and Garuba being drafted, that's going to be one crowded front court. Maybe Garuba stays in Spain another year? Or maybe it's a short-term contract?

If Houston's going after Theis, though, this pretty much guarantees that Olynyk is gone. There's just not enough roster spots to justify two veteran big men on this team.

Just a possible path to get it all done. Send out Markkanen for more than you get coming in for him, extend Lavine, then you don't have to send out as much salary for Ball and NO is happy having the extra space.

Via Chris Mannix:

This likely isn't what Lillard had in mind when he said about wanting a Championship roster.
    Bro for real, it's the exact same team.

That's worse somehow.

Ball
    DDR
    LaVine
    Williams
    Vuc

RIP Windy City rims lol. Midrange City more like it.
    You do realize 4/5 of those players shot >37% from 3 last season, right?

Now granted, hard to be certain whether Ball's 37.8 3pt% was an outlier or not, but Lavine is obviously elite from 3 and Vucevic likely as well for a big man. Patrick Williams was only rookie w/a limited sample size, but he does have a good stroke and there is reason to believe that his shooting will continue to progress.

I don't think it's too farfetched for that team to at least be average as far as 3pt shooting goes and obviously they'd supplement the rest of the team with shooters.

Honestly, I'd be much more concerned about the defense than the shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The Rockets are rumored to be interested and possibly in the lead for Daniel Theis. I like Theis' game and think he would be a good fit next to Wood, but with Sengun and Garuba being drafted, that's going to be one crowded front court. Maybe Garuba stays in Spain another year? Or maybe it's a short-term contract?

If Houston's going after Theis, though, this pretty much guarantees that Olynyk is gone. There's just not enough roster spots to justify two veteran big men on this team.
    Theis is pretty undersized for a 5 and honestly is really nothing special. Im tired of small ball Id rather target a big like Allen or Holms. Id throw a poison pill contract at Allen and force Cleveland to match if they want to keep him.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 08-02-2021 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Bro for real, it's the exact same team.
    I don't get Portland or their fans thinking that a fringe move here or there is it to get over the hump.

Also watching The Stadium's coverage and holy **** did Antwan Walker get fat. He looks like he ate Antwan Walker and Charles Barkley.

Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post

Now granted, hard to be certain whether Ball's 37.8 3pt% was an outlier or not, but Lavine is obviously elite from 3 and Vucevic likely as well for a big man. Patrick Williams was only rookie w/a limited sample size, but he does have a good stroke and there is reason to believe that his shooting will continue to progress.

I don't think it's too farfetched for that team to at least be average as far as 3pt shooting goes and obviously they'd supplement the rest of the team with shooters.

Holy cow, I didn't realize that either.

Yes I do know that. Just kidding around that it's just a shooting happy team. Not many of those guys love to take it to the rack. Hence "MidRange City".

Yes I do know that. Just kidding around that it's just a shooting happy team. Not many of those guys love to take it to the rack. Hence "MidRange City".
    I think offensively they can be very balanced. You got 3 good playmakers/passers in Ball, Derozan, and Vuc. You have some good 3pt shooting w/Lavine and Vuc. Both Lavine and Derozan are capable of getting buckets in the lane and Vuc is an elite post player. It's not hard to imagine them very balanced offensively.

Defensively though? Gonna take a lot of creativity given the liability that Vuc automatically is, but Lonzo's versatility and size certainly helps as does PWill's.

Jimmy Butler reportedly looking to sign a 4 year $181mil extension with the Heat. If it waives his PO, he's tied to the Heat until his age 36 season; if he doesn't it ties him to them until his age 37 season; if he waits one more year it's worth $200+ mil.

Can you imagine Butler at 37 making near $50mil?
    I cant imagine Butler making $50 million at any age.

I think offensively they can be very balanced. You got 3 good playmakers/passers in Ball, Derozan, and Vuc. You have some good 3pt shooting w/Lavine and Vuc. Both Lavine and Derozan are capable of getting buckets in the lane and Vuc is an elite post player. It's not hard to imagine them very balanced offensively.

Defensively though? Gonna take a lot of creativity given the liability that Vuc automatically is, but Lonzo's versatility and size certainly helps as does PWill's.
    You're also asking 3/4 guys that are used to being a lead guy to do something they don't usually do. Who becomes the spot up spread guy? Who becomes the main initiator of the offense? Who's the cutter? What guy is becoming the 3rd wheel in the offense?

Not trying to say it won't work but it's a group that likes to play in the same spots on the floor.

Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast