Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arizona wants to execute a man it knows is probably innocent.

This is one of those things I struggle to wrap my head around. Otherwise intelligent people sitting together in a room and essentially saying "we all know that the evidence shows this person probably didn't murder the victim, now let us debate whether or not we can even acknowledge that fact... And if we decide the answer is no, let's kill him."

https://theintercept.com/2021/07/31/...a-barry-jones/

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Horrible people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Horrible people

Read some other sources… not so cut and dry.

"But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

One of the MANY reasons that I’m 100% opposed to the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Is knowingly executing an innocent man ever justified, in your mind?

Sounds to me like the Defense royally ****ed up. The girl received a head injury, and there are conflicting reports on how that happened. The prosecutors framed the case to make it seem like within a 2 hour period this guy hit this girl, sexual abused her causing the abdominal injury that killed her and then took her to the hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

But there was a doctor that the defense interviewed that said he was ready to testify that the injuries sustained by the young girl likely happened days before hand if not longer, but the defense team didn't ask the right questions for this response. As there was no Medical Literature that had any example of someone dying anywhere within 48 hours of the injury, and that it could of happen much longer before the Childs death, even before Barry had been in contact with her.

There's no way anyone can defend this guy getting the death penalty. Probably easy to frame as the prosecuting team because he was a redneck with a mullet who lives in a trailer park. He might not be innocent, but with no evidence directly linking him to the rape, it's really hard to justify him being put on death row.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Is knowingly executing an innocent man ever justified, in your mind?
    I wouldn't say he's definitely INNOCENT, but he should of definitely been NOT GUILTY. At worse a lesser charge.

If we're going to talk about the death penalty then I'm of course against it, but even if you are for it, this case is not strong enough to be using it.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Sounds to me like the Defense royally ****ed up. The girl received a head injury, and there are conflicting reports on how that happened. The prosecutors framed the case to make it seem like within a 2 hour period this guy hit this girl, sexual abused her causing the abdominal injury that killed her and then took her to the hospital where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

But there was a doctor that the defense interviewed that said he was ready to testify that the injuries sustained by the young girl likely happened days before hand if not longer, but the defense team didn't ask the right questions for this response. As there was no Medical Literature that had any example of someone dying anywhere within 48 hours of the injury, and that it could of happen much longer before the Childs death, even before Barry had been in contact with her.

There's no way anyone can defend this guy getting the death penalty. Probably easy to frame as the prosecuting team because he was a redneck with a mullet who lives in a trailer park. He might not be innocent, but with no evidence directly linking him to the rape, it's really hard to justify him being put on death row.
    That's the whole point. And not only is Arizona trying to execute this guy, they're trying to use this case to make it easier to execute people that may have had inadequate council in the future, as well.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

You're just not going to list any of them here?

If you knew your commandments it would be

I’m not saying the guy is innocent or guilty.

But all of you acting like you know more than those who were in the courtroom because you read an article on the internet, are foolish.

And then to describe those who are seeking the death penalty as murderers?

When are we going to stop playing this “everyone on the other side of the aisle is evil” game?

Do you know how easy it is/would be to describe every mother who has aborted their child as “evil”?

We gotta stop this guys.

"But yeah...this is the BLM era and the Dems are running a mass incarceration ticket." ManRam

But all of you acting like you know more than those who were in the courtroom because you read an article on the internet, are foolish.

When are we going to stop playing this “everyone on the other side of the aisle is evil” game?

Do you know how easy it is/would be to describe every mother who has aborted their child as “evil”?

We gotta stop this guys.
    Why are you tying this to some larger point that has nothing to do with this case? The reason those in the courtroom believed as they do is because they did not have access to exculpatory evidence. It is factual to say there’s evidence we see from reading that article that those in the courtroom literally didn’t see.

So when you say we act like we know more than those in the courtroom because we read an article, that’s actually true in regards to some of the evidence.

Arizona wants to execute a man it knows is probably innocent.

We gotta stop this guys.

I don’t know either I just know they should not execute him. No one said said he was innocent. The guy is sentenced to death. he did not receive due process. This is not being debated. If someone should be allowed to make an issue out of the fact that he didn’t receive due process is being debated. It is cut and dry. If you think this is debatable you are morally wrong. Not “your side” you and others who hold the same opinion. You are the one brining sides into this.

Last edited by ewing; 08-01-2021 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Why are you tying this to some larger point that has nothing to do with this case? The reason those in the courtroom believed as they do is because they did not have access to exculpatory evidence. It is factual to say there’s evidence we see from reading that article that those in the courtroom literally didn’t see.

So when you say we act like we know more than those in the courtroom because we read an article, that’s actually true in regards to some of the evidence.

“To SOME of the evidence”

Almost sounds as if you haven’t heard ALL the evidence!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I don’t know either I just know they should not execute him. No one said said he was innocent. The guy is sentenced to death. he did not receive due process. This is not being debated. If someone should be allowed to make an issue out of the fact that he didn’t receive due process is being debated. It is cut and dry. If you think this is debatable you are morally wrong. Not “your side” you and others who hold the same opinion. You are the one brining sides into this.

So you think that because you read an opinion article that prosecutors in AZ are evil and trying to kill an innocent man?

That’s my bigger point…. The fact that you folks eagerly condemn people as evil based on an article you read shows that you are easily manipulated and have little critical thinking skills.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast