Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Celtics acquire Josh Richardson

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...367209475?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

interesting that a team would want him after his two down years

This is a salary dump for the Mavs to get them to $34.3M in cap space. I expect a couple more salary dumps for the Mavs before free agency starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    This is a salary dump for the Mavs to get them to $34.3M in cap space. I expect a couple more salary dumps for the Mavs before free agency starts.

Like KP, lol

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Stevens busy tonight, after one late second rounder he had to start making some switches. Reuniting Horford and Richardson lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Stevens busy tonight, after one late second rounder he had to start making some switches. Reuniting Horford and Richardson lol
    Maybe he wants Harris.

Celtics using the rest of that Hayward TPE (first half used on Fournier at the trade deadline) to acquire Richardson. This will create a $10 million+ TPE for the Mavs.

Like KP, lol
    I would be pretty excited if Miami could get their hands on KP. He would be perfect next to Bam.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    I would be pretty excited if Miami could get their hands on KP. He would be perfect next to Bam.
    Oladipo /Robinson/Butler/Bam/KP would be an very good lineup if healthy. Eventually you can trade Oladipo/Herro for a better fit at PG.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Maybe he wants Harris.

Touche

Like KP, lol
    You beat me to it

Like KP, lol
    No, the plan is to keep KP for at least 1 more season. Let him go through a full off season and training camp with the Mavs for the 1st time. This is the first off season heís been healthy.

If they dump anyone it is likely one of Dwight Powell or Maxi Kleber. They have $34.3M in cap space (minus THJís cap hold). They could easily push that well over $40M in cap space by dumping one of the two big men.

If they end up renouncing THJís rights and can actually spend the $40M+ in cap space an off season of Kyle Lowry, Rashawn Holmes, and then Otto Porter (with MLE) is very possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    It wonít be this year, Mavs plan to keep KP. The Heat donít have the cap space to absorb KPís contract without sending anything back anyways (if Mavs are looking to dump his salary). If they wanted to trade for KP I would ask for a s&t Duncan Robinson/Herro for KP if Iím the Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    No, the plan is to keep KP for at least 1 more season. Let him go through a full off season and training camp with the Mavs for the 1st time. This is the first off season heís been healthy.

If they dump anyone it is likely one of Dwight Powell or Maxi Kleber. They have $34.3M in cap space (minus THJís cap hold). They could easily push that well over $40M in cap space by dumping one of the two big men.

If they end up renouncing THJís rights and can actually spend the $40M+ in cap space an off season of Kyle Lowry, Rashawn Holmes, and then Otto Porter (with MLE) is very possible.

Probably a mistake holding onto KP but maybe Kidd can get more outta him than Carlisle did.

Probably a mistake holding onto KP but maybe Kidd can get more outta him than Carlisle did.
    I think it would be a bigger mistake to trade him while his value is so low. Kidd has talked about using him more like he was used in NY and how he was used in the bubble. Playing him more inside the arch and posting him up more. This season under Carlisle he was strictly a 3 point shooter. After 1 season if it doesnít work out then he becomes a $39M expiring contract. Heíll have higher value at that point than he does now just as an expiring contract.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast