Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tristan Thompson to the Hawks

Update title, please

Edit: Seems Kings are getting in the mix, trade is expanding.

Kings get: Tristan Thompson

Celtics get: Dunn and Bruno Fernado

Hawks get: Delon Wright
    Last edited by NBA all the way; 07-30-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Thatís NBA Champion Tristan Thompson to you, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Thatís NBA Champion Tristan Thompson to you, bro.
    Well, I can't argue that. But probably more so in Brad Steven's doghouse Tristan Thompson lol

Is this a "just in case we lose Collins" move?

I know he played a lot of backup C for them.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

I'm sure the following were all factors for the trade... Okungwu being out for 6 months (probably return January some time), the uncertainty of where rookie Jalen Johnson fits on the roster (quit on Duke midseason), and obviously like you said insurance for if Collins gets a massive offer sheet.

Celtics created a $9.2 million TPE with this trade, since they absorbed Dunn into their Kanter TPE.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I'm sure the following were all factors for the trade... Okungwu being out for 6 months (probably return January some time), the uncertainty of where rookie Jalen Johnson fits on the roster (quit on Duke midseason), and obviously like you said insurance for if Collins gets a massive offer sheet.
    Scratch this, deal just expanded to a 3 teamer.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post

This is a "just in case we lose Holmes" move.

Celtics created a $9.2 million TPE with this trade, since they absorbed Dunn into their Kanter TPE.
    Wait. How the heck did they take Dunn into Kanter TPE when thereís outgoing salary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Wait. How the heck did they take Dunn into Kanter TPE when thereís outgoing salary?

2 separate transactions, now that they got Fernando too, idk what that does to that TPE; especially since it expanded to a 3 team trade.

A lot of times teams/media bill stuff as 1 transaction when on the backend it's actually several different trade calls with the league.

2 separate transactions, now that they got Fernando too, idk what that does to that TPE; especially since it expanded to a 3 team trade.

A lot of times teams/media bill stuff as 1 transaction when on the backend it's actually several different trade calls with the league.
    This is the kind of cap loophole crap the nba needs to kill off. That should be just one deal and no extra TPE created.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    This is the kind of cap loophole crap the nba needs to kill off. That should be just one deal and no extra TPE created.

Idk if you remember the 3 team trade way back when that involved Thunder getting Waiters, Cavs getting JR + Shump and a first round pick, and Knicks getting trash contracts but it was billed in the media as 1 big trade and it turned out being like several different transactions because the Thunder absorbed Waiters into a TPE they had.

Idk if you remember the 3 team trade way back when that involved Thunder getting Waiters, Cavs getting JR + Shump and a first round pick, and Knicks getting trash contracts but it was billed in the media as 1 big trade and it turned out being like several different transactions because the Thunder absorbed Waiters into a TPE they had.
    Yea. NBA still has way too many loopholes for teams that spend over the cap. The NBAís real cap is the Luxury Tax. Not the soft cap. So might as well get rid of it.

I thought TPEs expired a year later? Hasnít Kanter been in Portland for longer than that now? These stupid rules keep changing.

I think TPEs are garbage. And S&Ts. And Poison Pill Provisions. And probably more BS Iím forgetting.

Oh crap, totally forgot he was on Portland, then went to Boston, then back to Portland. But they got a TPE in a multi team trade? ****ing stupid.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 07-31-2021 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    This is a "just in case we lose Holmes" move.
    Makes sense. They should let Holmes walk. Metu has shown he can fill the stat sheet with more usage anyhow. He's going to be a 13/8 guy for you guys next year. Bagley is a natural fit at the modern Center anyway.

You guys just needed a backup, and Thompson fits the bill for a 1yr run.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast