Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Interesting deal. He is an excellent defender regardless of where they play him. He can hit a little bit, too.

One of the most unique bats in the game today. Above average despite having a sub 300 OBP and an astronomical K%.

But just enjoy the hell out of his character and personality. He will win you over. Gonna miss him a ton.

I'm thrilled. One of my favorite guys to watch

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I know the Mets need a bat and currently a SS with Lindor out but they had needs elsewhere. Bryant would have been a much better fit. Not to mention not in love with what they gave up to get him. Not for a 2 month rental and not when teams are getting similar talent for less.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-31-2021 at 12:35 AM.

Apparently you guys just refused to dip into your top 5

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Apparently you guys just refused to dip into your top 5
    No reason to. The Cubs couldn't pull the trigger fast enough when the Giants were willing to pay the rest of Bryant's remaining salary. Kilian is a 24 year old in AA who wasn't even a top 30 or 40 prospect in the Giants organization to start the season. Canario is a more intriguing piece but he's top 10ish in the Giants system.

The Mets made the mistake of taking cash considerations for Baez and Williams which presumably led to them having to give up PCA.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-31-2021 at 12:23 AM.

One of the most unique bats in the game today. Above average despite having a sub 300 OBP and an astronomical K%.

But just enjoy the hell out of his character and personality. He will win you over. Gonna miss him a ton.
    I wanted no part of this dude on the Mets, they should traded for Bryant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A bit off topic, but he's going to be a fascinating case in FA. The deal he gets will likely be smaller than his name recognition would indicate, but he's such a unique player. Really good defender by most metrics but his bat is very odd. The whole offensive package plays above league average by a bit, but it's an odd way to do it with the terrible obp, huge K rate, but decent pop. Doesn't seem like the type of age gracefully, since his best skills seem to tie to his athelticism. Hell very likely continue to be a good defender for quite a few years, but given his offensive package, you need him to be an elite defender to justify a huge deal, not just a pretty good defender.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    A bit off topic, but he's going to be a fascinating case in FA. The deal he gets will likely be smaller than his name recognition would indicate, but he's such a unique player. Really good defender by most metrics but his bat is very odd. The whole offensive package plays above league average by a bit, but it's an odd way to do it with the terrible obp, huge K rate, but decent pop. Doesn't seem like the type of age gracefully, since his best skills seem to tie to his athelticism. Hell very likely continue to be a good defender for quite a few years, but given his offensive package, you need him to be an elite defender to justify a huge deal, not just a pretty good defender.
    TBH most Cubs fans here would squirm at anything over 20 AAV. That's a number I'm pretty confident that Seager and Correa will easily surpass, and possibly Story as well. As you said his skillset is not common, and there's the high risk of a dramatic dropoff. I think he will be quite surprised at the tepid offers he'll receive. Of course I would also not be surprised if the Mets lock him into a dumb contract.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I donít see him getting more than a 4 year deal in FA.

Huge homer by Baez in his first game as a Met.

I can see him getting a Cespedes type deal

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Got a lot of the Javy experience tonight. Gotta love that slide and then the big GW jack

Him following that up with an 0/5 with 5 Ks is such a perfect way to follow that up for the ultimate Javy experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast