Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by cburnsy247 View Post
    Why on earth would Dom be on the bench while Conforto or JD plays? They have both been god awful since returning from the IL. Dom has been hot.
    This is when Lindor comes back, so Dom being hot right now means little. Conforto has track record and Dom does not. Conforto is much better defensively than Dom who is serviceable in the outfield, but heís simply not well-suited out there. McNeil actually played nice defense in the outfield the last two years.

JD hasnít been THAT bad since coming off the IL (.220/.304/.415 ó 100 wRC+) and heís still hitting over .300 on the season. Iíd play him or Villar at 3B over Dom in the OF. We all know someone else will get hurt and some point and Dom will get time.

JD's bat needs to be in the lineup vs. lefty pitching for sure. His numbers are good vs. lefties. The Mets need all the .800 plus OPS guys in the lineup against lefties, and those are Baez, Alonso, McCann and Davis. Conforto sits for sure.

The problem I see is getting more at bats for Dom once Lindor returns, especially if the Mets prefer to move McNeil to LF. Or they can play the hot hand out there (which right now is McNeil but by the time Lindor returns it might be Dom). It is a nice problem for the brain trust to solve, meaning the lineup makers who I understand are not named Luis Rojas.

But hopefully the lineup makers realize soon that Conforto should not be playing vs. lefty starting pitching. Maybe Borass is one of the lineup makers?

If Baez pulls that bat taunting BS with us, Iím outta here.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    If Baez pulls that bat taunting BS with us, Iím outta here.
    Iím all for the Amir Garret/ Baez beef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post

So am I. Garrett had it coming. He's a major POS

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post

Same, **** Baez.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    So am I. Garrett had it coming. He's a major POS
    Iím sure Garrettís a POS too. But what Baez did on that walkoff fly ball was ridiculous. Itís like weíre no longer watching baseball. Itís more like MLB Smackdown.

Ridiculous.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456