Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    I found out during the broadcast that we got Baez. I would be more hyped if we needed a SS.

I would play McNeil in LF and Baez at 2B.

CF-Nimmo
    SS-Lindor
    1B-Alonso
    2B-Baez
    LF-McNeil
    3B-Davis
    RF-Conforto
    C-McCann

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I found out during the broadcast that we got Baez. I would be more hyped if we needed a SS.

CF-Nimmo
    SS-Lindor
    1B-Alonso
    2B-Baez
    LF-McNeil
    3B-Davis
    RF-Conforto
    C-McCann
    Why on earth would Dom be on the bench while Conforto or JD plays? They have both been god awful since returning from the IL. Dom has been hot.

Why are we resting Dom? That would make no sense... Also it is the NY Mets, Lindor probably done for the year

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cburnsy247 View Post
    Why on earth would Dom be on the bench while Conforto or JD plays? They have both been god awful since returning from the IL. Dom has been hot.
    Yeah Conforto's defense doesn't make up for his miserable offense, especially when this team struggles offensively.

I don't know how much longer you can ride the Conforto train this year. Like I get they know he's capable of but the results haven't been there and they don't look like they are changing anytime soon. Yeah its hard to be worse than .199 but improving on those numbers doesn't say much.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-30-2021 at 11:25 PM.

Yeah tough position though as he's a FA so it is tough to not play him... But seriously he's negative value out there

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...962520067?s=19

Wait what?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

Wait what?!?!

To be fair Davies and Williams are probably in the same hemisphere. Davies had a career year last season but his peripherals are trash. He doesn't strike out hitters, he's walking a ton of hitters this year, etc. Neither guy is anything more than a backend SP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-30-2021 at 11:43 PM.

As far as a lineup goes I would go with something like;

Nimmo
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Dom
    Baez
    Conforto
    McCann
    Guillorme

When Lindor comes back;

Nimmo
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Lindor
    Baez
    Dom
    McCann
    Conforto

Or

Nimmo
    Alonso
    McNeil
    Baez
    Lindor
    Dom
    McCann
    Conforto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Why Guillorme over JD?

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post

Wait what?!?!

They both suck, Williams made more sense because of the options.

Not impressed with Baez.

22 Homers but only 9 doubles……think about that. Doubles are one of the most misunderstood stats. Good hitters hit a lot of doubles. This guy hits very few and K's a ton. He's an all or nothing kind of hitter. Good pitchers get these guys out all the time and in game situations he will almost always be facing a good pitcher.

If this minor leaguer Pete whatever pans out……this is a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Don’t like it.

Needed a big time bat, Baez is NOT that. Williams is whatever.

Look at Javy Baez's splits vs. lefty pitching. He is a big time bat and that is what the Mets needed most to enable them to have someone who could help Alonso drive in runs against lefties. Conforto has been atrocious and needs to sit each time a lefty pitcher starts. Dom probably needs to sit on those days too. On the other hand, Nimmo and McNeil seem to be hitting lefties ok.

The pitcher the Mets got at least has major league experience. With deGrom on the shelf for an extended period, we need all the luck we can get there. The Syracuse starters can't even compete in AAA.

Perhaps it is time to once again consider using Lugo as a starter.

The bullpen is doing ok, but I think the Mets need to consider at least a co-closer. Not sure who the best option for that is but May, Loup and Familia have all been pitching well of late. Maybe they can even give Drew Smith some consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The best attribute Trevor Williams has is that he isn't Eickoff.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Look at Javy Baez's splits vs. lefty pitching. He is a big time bat and that is what the Mets needed most to enable them to have someone who could help Alonso drive in runs against lefties. Conforto has been atrocious and needs to sit each time a lefty pitcher starts. Dom probably needs to sit on those days too. On the other hand, Nimmo and McNeil seem to be hitting lefties ok.

The pitcher the Mets got at least has major league experience. With deGrom on the shelf for an extended period, we need all the luck we can get there. The Syracuse starters can't even compete in AAA.

Perhaps it is time to once again consider using Lugo as a starter.

The bullpen is doing ok, but I think the Mets need to consider at least a co-closer. Not sure who the best option for that is but May, Loup and Familia have all been pitching well of late. Maybe they can even give Drew Smith some consideration.
    Could’ve addressed some of those issues at the deadline. Oops.

It’s unbelievable to me that we chose money over talent, and gave up a good prospect for it. That’s a Wilpon move, and I’m pissed off.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

CF-Nimmo
    SS-Lindor
    1B-Alonso
    2B-Baez
    LF-McNeil
    3B-Davis
    RF-Conforto
    C-McCann
    I agree except when facing a lefty starter. I would sit Conforto. The other lefties in this lineup fare much better vs. lefties (i.e., Nimmo and McNeil). Pillar, when he is on, hits lefties well over his career, so this is when Nimmo moves to RF and Pillar plays CF. It is noticeable that Dom is now a bench player once Lindor gets back. Until then, Dom stays in LF and McNeil stays at 2b with Javy at ss until Lindor returns.

Most importantly though, Conforto goes into the 7th spot in the order, where there is less pressure. By the way, McCann should play against all lefty starters. He is a monster vs lefties over his career. Management needs to work it so McCann's days off are when lefties are not opposing them.

The trade for Baez, by the way, was more about improving the Mets offense against lefties where Baez is excellent (so are Alonso and McCann).

By the way, weather permitting, I am going to see the St. Lucie Mets visit the Daytona Tortugas tonight. I will get to see what IF Jaylen Palmer, CF Alex Ramirez and the 2b/3b Peroza are all about (not to be confused with the MLB Mets Peraza, lol). The starting pitcher is a young guy who is just up from the Rookie Mets by the name of Griffin. He has just pitched one game for the St. Lucie Mets his last turn on the hill, shut his opponent out over 6.2 but didn't factor in the decision.

The St Lucie Mets are in first place in their division and they have a good pitching staff to go along with a "good" core of everyday players. PCA was on the St. Lucie team earlier before his injury but he was not playing much CF because Alex Ramirez is the better fielder and prospect in all respects. He is only 18 years old, younger than PCA. I am sure that is why the Mets felt that PCA was expendable.

Although Mangum hasn't been hitting lately, the Mets have some interesting CFs at all levels, including Mangum at Binghamton, Duplantis (whose brother is on the Olympics pole vaulting team) at Brooklyn and Alex Ramirez at St. Lucie. I can't figure out who the regular CF is in Syracuse. I know that Khalil Lee is usually in RF and Albert Almora is usually in CF these days.
    Makes me think that the Mets ought to see what the probable super utility player (meaning McNeil) can do in CF next spring training if they don't acquire a bonafide major league CF. But then again, McNeil scares me in the outfield, not because of his fielding - he is quite good actually. But because he has no fear and will likely try to run through the CF wall.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast