Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 82
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,609
    I found out during the broadcast that we got Baez. I would be more hyped if we needed a SS.

    I would play McNeil in LF and Baez at 2B.

    CF-Nimmo
    SS-Lindor
    1B-Alonso
    2B-Baez
    LF-McNeil
    3B-Davis
    RF-Conforto
    C-McCann

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I found out during the broadcast that we got Baez. I would be more hyped if we needed a SS.

    I would play McNeil in LF and Baez at 2B.

    CF-Nimmo
    SS-Lindor
    1B-Alonso
    2B-Baez
    LF-McNeil
    3B-Davis
    RF-Conforto
    C-McCann
    Why on earth would Dom be on the bench while Conforto or JD plays? They have both been god awful since returning from the IL. Dom has been hot.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,464
    Why are we resting Dom? That would make no sense... Also it is the NY Mets, Lindor probably done for the year

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,366
    Quote Originally Posted by cburnsy247 View Post
    Why on earth would Dom be on the bench while Conforto or JD plays? They have both been god awful since returning from the IL. Dom has been hot.
    Yeah Conforto's defense doesn't make up for his miserable offense, especially when this team struggles offensively.

    I don't know how much longer you can ride the Conforto train this year. Like I get they know he's capable of but the results haven't been there and they don't look like they are changing anytime soon. Yeah its hard to be worse than .199 but improving on those numbers doesn't say much.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-30-2021 at 11:25 PM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,464
    Yeah tough position though as he's a FA so it is tough to not play him... But seriously he's negative value out there

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,464
    https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...962520067?s=19

    Wait what?!?!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    42,366
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...962520067?s=19

    Wait what?!?!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    To be fair Davies and Williams are probably in the same hemisphere. Davies had a career year last season but his peripherals are trash. He doesn't strike out hitters, he's walking a ton of hitters this year, etc. Neither guy is anything more than a backend SP.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-30-2021 at 11:43 PM.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,582
    As far as a lineup goes I would go with something like;

    Nimmo
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Dom
    Baez
    Conforto
    McCann
    Guillorme

    When Lindor comes back;

    Nimmo
    McNeil
    Alonso
    Lindor
    Baez
    Dom
    McCann
    Conforto

    Or

    Nimmo
    Alonso
    McNeil
    Baez
    Lindor
    Dom
    McCann
    Conforto


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,464
    Why Guillorme over JD?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    108,327
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    https://twitter.com/NYPost_Mets/stat...962520067?s=19

    Wait what?!?!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    They both suck, Williams made more sense because of the options.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    8,309
    Not impressed with Baez.

    22 Homers but only 9 doubles……think about that. Doubles are one of the most misunderstood stats. Good hitters hit a lot of doubles. This guy hits very few and K's a ton. He's an all or nothing kind of hitter. Good pitchers get these guys out all the time and in game situations he will almost always be facing a good pitcher.

    If this minor leaguer Pete whatever pans out……this is a bad deal.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Don’t like it.

    Needed a big time bat, Baez is NOT that. Williams is whatever.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Look at Javy Baez's splits vs. lefty pitching. He is a big time bat and that is what the Mets needed most to enable them to have someone who could help Alonso drive in runs against lefties. Conforto has been atrocious and needs to sit each time a lefty pitcher starts. Dom probably needs to sit on those days too. On the other hand, Nimmo and McNeil seem to be hitting lefties ok.

    The pitcher the Mets got at least has major league experience. With deGrom on the shelf for an extended period, we need all the luck we can get there. The Syracuse starters can't even compete in AAA.

    Perhaps it is time to once again consider using Lugo as a starter.

    The bullpen is doing ok, but I think the Mets need to consider at least a co-closer. Not sure who the best option for that is but May, Loup and Familia have all been pitching well of late. Maybe they can even give Drew Smith some consideration.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    718
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    The best attribute Trevor Williams has is that he isn't Eickoff.
    Exactly.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    14,663
    Quote Originally Posted by swbwtr View Post
    Look at Javy Baez's splits vs. lefty pitching. He is a big time bat and that is what the Mets needed most to enable them to have someone who could help Alonso drive in runs against lefties. Conforto has been atrocious and needs to sit each time a lefty pitcher starts. Dom probably needs to sit on those days too. On the other hand, Nimmo and McNeil seem to be hitting lefties ok.

    The pitcher the Mets got at least has major league experience. With deGrom on the shelf for an extended period, we need all the luck we can get there. The Syracuse starters can't even compete in AAA.

    Perhaps it is time to once again consider using Lugo as a starter.

    The bullpen is doing ok, but I think the Mets need to consider at least a co-closer. Not sure who the best option for that is but May, Loup and Familia have all been pitching well of late. Maybe they can even give Drew Smith some consideration.
    Could’ve addressed some of those issues at the deadline. Oops.

    It’s unbelievable to me that we chose money over talent, and gave up a good prospect for it. That’s a Wilpon move, and I’m pissed off.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,771
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I found out during the broadcast that we got Baez. I would be more hyped if we needed a SS.

    I would play McNeil in LF and Baez at 2B.

    CF-Nimmo
    SS-Lindor
    1B-Alonso
    2B-Baez
    LF-McNeil
    3B-Davis
    RF-Conforto
    C-McCann
    I agree except when facing a lefty starter. I would sit Conforto. The other lefties in this lineup fare much better vs. lefties (i.e., Nimmo and McNeil). Pillar, when he is on, hits lefties well over his career, so this is when Nimmo moves to RF and Pillar plays CF. It is noticeable that Dom is now a bench player once Lindor gets back. Until then, Dom stays in LF and McNeil stays at 2b with Javy at ss until Lindor returns.

    Most importantly though, Conforto goes into the 7th spot in the order, where there is less pressure. By the way, McCann should play against all lefty starters. He is a monster vs lefties over his career. Management needs to work it so McCann's days off are when lefties are not opposing them.

    The trade for Baez, by the way, was more about improving the Mets offense against lefties where Baez is excellent (so are Alonso and McCann).

    By the way, weather permitting, I am going to see the St. Lucie Mets visit the Daytona Tortugas tonight. I will get to see what IF Jaylen Palmer, CF Alex Ramirez and the 2b/3b Peroza are all about (not to be confused with the MLB Mets Peraza, lol). The starting pitcher is a young guy who is just up from the Rookie Mets by the name of Griffin. He has just pitched one game for the St. Lucie Mets his last turn on the hill, shut his opponent out over 6.2 but didn't factor in the decision.

    The St Lucie Mets are in first place in their division and they have a good pitching staff to go along with a "good" core of everyday players. PCA was on the St. Lucie team earlier before his injury but he was not playing much CF because Alex Ramirez is the better fielder and prospect in all respects. He is only 18 years old, younger than PCA. I am sure that is why the Mets felt that PCA was expendable.

    Although Mangum hasn't been hitting lately, the Mets have some interesting CFs at all levels, including Mangum at Binghamton, Duplantis (whose brother is on the Olympics pole vaulting team) at Brooklyn and Alex Ramirez at St. Lucie. I can't figure out who the regular CF is in Syracuse. I know that Khalil Lee is usually in RF and Albert Almora is usually in CF these days.
    Makes me think that the Mets ought to see what the probable super utility player (meaning McNeil) can do in CF next spring training if they don't acquire a bonafide major league CF. But then again, McNeil scares me in the outfield, not because of his fielding - he is quite good actually. But because he has no fear and will likely try to run through the CF wall.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •