Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    We seem to hate CF prospects 😂. At least PCA lasted longer than Kelenic but not by much

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    We seem to hate CF prospects [emoji23]. At least PCA lasted longer than Kelenic but not by much
    Still donít get how this deal is better than Cano/Diaz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    We seem to hate CF prospects 😂. At least PCA lasted longer than Kelenic but not by much
    Who had more at bats?

I think Kelenic by quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    No matter what infield position Baez has played his DRS has been very high. I just read that he has a great throwing arm and would be a waste to put him at second base. I say put him at third base. Our defense will improve tremendously as well as our offense.
    If we put him at third our offense gets worse, JD is much better at the plate

Wait we gave up Pete Crow-Armstrong??

Cmon, man! What the ****!

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    No matter what infield position Baez has played his DRS has been very high. I just read that he has a great throwing arm and would be a waste to put him at second base. I say put him at third base. Our defense will improve tremendously as well as our offense.
    Heís got a cannon. Much stronger than say...Lindor. His arm is closer to Arenados.

One rbi g about Baez is that I do t rbi k he was rumored to go anywhere but the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by rebuilding View Post
    If we put him at third our offense gets worse, JD is much better at the plate
    Heís got 65 RBIs. He leads our team in that category. It may only be a .300 OBP...but he has a .830 OPS with RISP.

Why is everybody freaking out. Lol. I donít get it.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Heís got 65 RBIs. He leads our team in that category. It may only be a .300 OBP...but he has a .830 OPS with RISP.

Why is everybody freaking out. Lol. I donít get it.

Because the Mets cheaped out. They could have gotten Bryant for lesser prospects had they picked up his remaining salary. Instead they gave up PCA for an obvious 2 month rental. The optics aren't good, especially when you see the trades made for similar type talent across the league.

I don't mind Baez but its a deadline where more could and should have been accomplished.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Because the Mets cheaped out. They could have gotten Bryant for lesser prospects had they picked up his remaining salary. Instead they gave up PCA for an obvious 2 month rental. The optics aren't good, especially when you see the trades made for similar type talent across the league.

I don't mind Baez but its a deadline where more could and should have been accomplished.
    Itís half ***.

This team always does half ***.

With new owner willing to go over the cap you expected more than half ***.

My take - Baez canít hurt but he may help. Prices were unusually high for rentals and, while PCA impressed in spring training, heís 19, coming off serious arm surgery and is much further away from the majors than the teamís other high value prospects. Bryant did seem the better fit but the price the Cubs set was seen as too high. Like Berrios with the Twins. Surprised that Maeda wasnít moved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Itís half ***.

This team always does half ***.

With new owner willing to go over the cap you expected more than half ***.

Yep and I'm not sold the Mets will sign any of these major FA in the offseason. I dont think Cohen is the Wilpons but i'm not sure how many long term 25-30+ million dollar a year contracts he wants on the roster.

And here's the thing at least when the Mets moved Kelenic they got a controllable asset in Diaz. Baez is an obvious rental who will walk in the offseason. Unless he takes a discount to play with his best friend Lindor and moves to 2nd or 3rd base. Very unlikely.

Not worth PCA and especially when they could have gotten Bryant for lesser prospects and it would have cost was taking on his full remaining salary.

Not to mention Conforto sucks. Bryant would have given them the versatility to have a real 3rd baseman and a guy who can capably play both corner OF spots. Even CF if needed.

Baez is just a meh move. Williams is a mediocre SP. Nothing to write home about.
    Last edited by metswon69; 07-30-2021 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    One rbi g about Baez is that I do t rbi k he was rumored to go anywhere but the Mets.

Lol had too many drinks at happy hour?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast