Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lets be honest, Kimbrel has history of being an elite reliever, and this year he is putting up Josh Haderesque numbers. Elite WHIP, Elite ERA, Elite K'per! And our Closer has been anything but consistent to this point.

Madrigal was a bit of a shock, but in hindsight ... Hernandez is the guy through '22 and we'll see how that goes.
    Of all of the starters, her was the most easily replaced. In THEORY - Burger could have done it, less than ideal for sure, but it was, maybe is on the table.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Both, baseball and fan, which is all any of us are. And it ended up being true.
    No it did not. There was no, you bested me now I will only deal if I best you. You are just wrong. Sorry but unless you want to bring the evidence, it's just fan talk.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Madrigal was a bit of a shock, but in hindsight ... Hernandez is the guy through '22 and we'll see how that goes.
    Of all of the starters, her was the most easily replaced. In THEORY - Burger could have done it, less than ideal for sure, but it was, maybe is on the table.
    Who knows, if we feel comfortable about Burger as our 3B, there is the option where you trade YoYo for big specs, reload your farm a little bit, and still have your 3B for the future locked in for years. That's actually not the worst way to sustain a dynasty long term.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    No it did not. There was no, you bested me now I will only deal if I best you. You are just wrong. Sorry but unless you want to bring the evidence, it's just fan talk.
    Id say a vast majority of the Cub forum felt ripped off after the trade was announced. Very, very few spoke out in favor of getting Nick.

Craig Kimbrel traded to the White Sox

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Who knows, if we feel comfortable about Burger as our 3B, there is the option where you trade YoYo for big specs, reload your farm a little bit, and still have your 3B for the future locked in for years. That's actually not the worst way to sustain a dynasty long term.
    Trading Moncada is a quick and easy way to break any trust between the FO and locker room. The gap between Burger and Moncada is monumental, not to mention Burger has 42 plate appearances under his belt. Even a few years down the line, unless Burger is an MVP candidate no way that would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    Trading Moncada is a quick and easy way to break any trust between the FO and locker room. The gap between Burger and Moncada is monumental, not to mention Burger has 42 plate appearances under his belt. Even a few years down the line, unless Burger is an MVP candidate no way that would happen.
    If Yoan was struggling deep into next season, you never know. Itd be highly unlikely but sometimes guys fans love get moved cuz they have depth and that player might not be living up to his full potential.

As for this Kimbrel Trade, that was probably the best addition we could have made short of Josh Hader. Hes been that good. We should feel extremely comfortable finishing off small leads in the postseason with this group of relievers.

Yoan Moncada is literally the best player on the Sox, you don't trade your best player when your window is just opening to compete for WS titles year after year.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSox_05 View Post
    Yoan Moncada is literally the best player on the Sox, you don't trade your best player when your window is just opening to compete for WS titles year after year.
    Saying he's our best player is pretty debatable. I'm not saying I'd trade him. I'm just saying if he had a miserable playoffs, and then hit sub .250 with crazy K's next year, they might consider it. It's just a hypothetical. Ideally he stays in the .270-.280+ range with high OBP, and finds his power stroke that has disappeared this year.

It's not debatable, it's actually factual.

https://www.fangraphs.com/teams/white-sox

Yoan will always be the best player on the team, because he is very good at all aspects of the game. That's why his fWAR is always the highest. We all saw when healthy what he could do in 2019, when he was playing like an MVP. There is only one player currently on this team that cold possibly be better, and that's Luis Robert. His ceiling is like a 7 fWAR player, because he is so freaking good in the field and on the bases.

Luis Robert before getting hurt was on a 7 fWAR pace, really hope when he comes back he can stay healthy and then get that hip surgery in the offseason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12