Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Daniel Norris to the Brewers

The Brewers are finalizing a deal to acquire lefty reliever Daniel Norris from the Tigers, tweet Jeff Passan and Kiley McDaniel of ESPN. MLB.comís Jason Beck first broke news of the trade discussions, and he hears that minor league starter Reese Olson is heading back to the Tigers. The deal is done, according to Evan Petzold of the Detroit Free Press.
    via mlb trade rumors

Reese Olsen scouting report:
    Olson, 21, was Milwaukeeís 13th-round pick in the 2018 draft. Heís currently pitching in High-A ball and is not ranked among the teamís top 30 prospects on Baseball America or MLB Pipeline.

This season, Olson has a 4.30 ERA and 1.348 WHIP while striking out 79 batters in 69 innings. Walks -- 4.6 per nine innings -- have been his main issue.

The most attractive part of Olsonís profile is his 16% swinging strike rate. He can clearly miss bats at a high level, and that means he has some potential to develop in the Tigersí system.

In his most recent five starts, Olson has posted a 3.16 ERA and held opponents to a .512 OPS (on-base percentage plus slugging percentage). He has 24 strikeouts, 12 walks and 15 hits allowed over 25.2 innings in that span.

Four of those five starts went at least five innings with two or fewer runs allowed.
    Source: https://www.clickondetroit.com/sport...t-reese-olson/

I'm stunned anyone wanted Norris, this Olson dude sounds ok, I'm happy with this trade, we got a guy with a modicum of upside for a player that is... not good (aside from the last handful of games, which likely is the only reason we could move him)

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I'm stunned anyone wanted Norris, this Olson dude sounds ok, I'm happy with this trade, we got a guy with a modicum of upside for a player that is... not good (aside from the last handful of games, which likely is the only reason we could move him)
    Now to trim the rest of the fat out of the BP this offseason (Holland, Jimenez, Barmer, etc).