Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Place your bets for a #KBoom tomorrow in his Giants debut
    Yeah, you know those 3 are probably gonna go on a bit of a hot streak now..lol

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Rex Brothers hurling game down the tubes.

I know it's not about winning or losing but can we please get rid of Brothers?
    Last edited by Bluefire; 07-31-2021 at 09:59 PM.
    Screw sabermetics.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Just to rub it in...

Javy bomb for the NYM

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Make it stop hurting.

Good job Heuer cleaning up that mess.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Good job Heuer cleaning up that mess.

I was about to post the same thing.
    Screw sabermetics.

Heuer has a chance to be a real impact BP arm.

7/30-8/1: Cubs (50-54) at Nationals (47-55) - Triple A Rosters Edition

Yup. Great job by Heuer in his Cubs debut to only give up the 1 run on the sac fly.

Hopefully Brothers and Winkler will go bye bye after the season

2016 World Series Champions!!!

First save chance post-Kimbrel goes to Kyle Ryan

Javy up, bot 9 tying run on 2B 0 outs

He K

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Cubs get the win 6-3

It's just mind-boggling how a 10 day stretch turned us from supplementing our core with reinforcements to turning around and damn near stripping it to the studs. I'll be honest, I haven't gotten as emotional as some of you guys have. Ironically, the same dismal offensive output that ended our seasons for the last few years, reared their ugly heads, and, killed this one. As much as I love those guys and will cherish the moments of the last 6-7 seasons that they provided, I was really tired of the same old song and dance. They hadn't really improved on their biggest weaknesses. It was just getting exhausting putting so much energy into the team for 6 months, only to have them turtle-up on the big stage. In their last 8 playoff games they scored 10 total runs! 10! Those 3 of our core were all equally abysmal.

Love them for what they accomplished. They're all high character humans. They delivered under immense pressure and gave us so much fun and happiness and excellent. We will never forget those years. But they simply weren't getting it done in the high fastball and high% breaking ball era. So it was clearly time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It's just mind-boggling how a 10 day stretch turned us from supplementing our core with reinforcements to turning around and damn near stripping it to the studs. I'll be honest, I haven't gotten as emotional as some of you guys have. Ironically, the same dismal offensive output that ended our seasons for the last few years, reared their ugly heads, and, killed this one. As much as I love those guys and will cherish the moments of the last 6-7 seasons that they provided, I was really tired of the same old song and dance. They hadn't really improved on their biggest weaknesses. It was just getting exhausting putting so much energy into the team for 6 months, only to have them turtle-up on the big stage. In their last 8 playoff games they scored 10 total runs! 10! Those 3 of our core were all equally abysmal.

Love them for what they accomplished. They're all high character humans. They delivered under immense pressure and gave us so much fun and happiness and excellent. We will never forget those years. But they simply weren't getting it done in the high fastball and high% breaking ball era. So it was clearly time to move on.
    To be fair, the 3 core players that were traded were not the reason the Cubs weren't getting it done. Last year was bad for all of them but beyond a shortened season they have all performed. It was the pieces around them that weren't good enough.

Ever since Russell got metoo'd and Javy moved to second, second base has been a revolving door of sadness. Our RF is a $23M AAV mistake. Our CF was Almora and Happ. We didn't have a leadoff hitter after Fowler left and we didn't have contact in the bottom of the lineup, besides Heywards weak ground ball double plays to 2B, to drive in the high OBP of the core.

https://twitter.com/russ_dorsey1/sta...011044865?s=21

Looks like Steele is going to be up very, very soon

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast