Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Putting Danny Ainge to shame hahaha

Just imagine what Presti could do with an NFL roster if he can get 21 1sts out of NBA teams

Guess the Jazz just see no need for first round draft picks....given how they used the one last year I don't know that it mattered haha.

the jazz are have really been run to so poorly the past few years. why on earth did you sign him last year to then have to waste a first rounder to trade him. is there any future thinking with this team. How on earth can you possibly be wasting this many resources on a backup center position. Do they have any plan at all. Also shows that our new billionaire owner isn't paying no huge luxury tax bill. for those that don't know the jazz have now wasted 2 mle's, a first rounder, 3 2nd rounders, and our last years first on the backup center position backing up our best player over the past 2 years. its absolutely insane how incompetent this looks.

also means you know the jazz are ready to overpay Conley bringing back a worse roster then the one that just got smoked the kahwi less clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Putting Danny Ainge to shame hahaha
    Yup. And my guess is that OKC won't hesitate to strike when the time comes to trading those picks for a star player or two.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    Yup. And my guess is that OKC won't hesitate to strike when the time comes to trading those picks for a star player or two.
    I've been talking about how OKC was going to "sell" their top asset this year of cap space. First Kemba, now Favors, and they still have cap space to sell.

I could see them happily making a massive "overpay" to go get a star they want in a future draft. But it's also possible they just keep taking the players and hoping one becomes a star.

Pretty amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    the jazz are have really been run to so poorly the past few years. why on earth did you sign him last year to then have to waste a first rounder to trade him. is there any future thinking with this team. How on earth can you possibly be wasting this many resources on a backup center position. Do they have any plan at all. Also shows that our new billionaire owner isn't paying no huge luxury tax bill. for those that don't know the jazz have now wasted 2 mle's, a first rounder, 3 2nd rounders, and our last years first on the backup center position backing up our best player over the past 2 years. its absolutely insane how incompetent this looks.
    Yeah I said it last year that Azibuke was just a complete waste of a pick having signed Favors, now they dump Favors and have to ship out a pick to do so. Definitely doesn't look smart at all. I dunno, frustrating. Oh well, best chance we had at winning a title is gone so it probably doesn't matter in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've been talking about how OKC was going to "sell" their top asset this year of cap space. First Kemba, now Favors, and they still have cap space to sell.

I could see them happily making a massive "overpay" to go get a star they want in a future draft. But it's also possible they just keep taking the players and hoping one becomes a star.

Pretty amazing.
    I feel this will become the new form of tanking. Use cap space to take bad contracts.

Then either:
    A) Retrade the 1st for a later 1st when it comes time to use it.

Or

B) Draft a player and if they're good enough, but not part of the long term plan, instead of paying them, just trade them for a future pick or combine multiple of them for a much better talent. Just continue to recycle young players before their rookie contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I feel this will become the new form of tanking. Use cap space to take bad contracts.

Then either:
    A) Retrade the 1st for a later 1st when it comes time to use it.

Or

B) Draft a player and if they're good enough, but not part of the long term plan, instead of paying them, just trade them for a future pick or combine multiple of them for a much better talent. Just continue to recycle young players before their rookie contract expires.
    It's not new. The Sixers maxxed it out. It was amazing.

They can actually buy out the players if they can't find a place to off-load them to a team in need at the deadline and re-use some of the cap space for more picks in trade too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's not new. The Sixers maxxed it out. It was amazing.

They can actually buy out the players if they can't find a place to off-load them to a team in need at the deadline and re-use some of the cap space for more picks in trade too.
    Sixers didn't do it as efficiently because they:
    1) Accepted 2nd round picks in many cases
    2) Never re-traded any player they received because the guys they got back were not useful at all.

What's unique is that Presti has maintained a hard line stance in only accepting FRPs. Buying out doesn't clear cap space just as FYI, and stretching defeats the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Sixers didn't do it as efficiently because they:
    1) Accepted 2nd round picks in many cases
    2) Never re-traded any player they received because the guys they got back were not useful at all.

What's unique is that Presti has maintained a hard line stance in only accepting FRPs. Buying out doesn't clear cap space just as FYI, and stretching defeats the purpose.
    Stretching does defeat the purpose that's true. He is going for FRPs, doesn't mean he'll always get them.