Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 77
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,534
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't understand how everyone hates Gallo and hates the construction of the lineup with high K players but wants Florial to start? Florial has looked good but it has it even been 20 ABs? I wouldn't put much stock into it. He struggles to hit AAA pitching, I think if you give him a longer stint then it turns out like Higgy at the beginning of the year. Did well in the backup roll then crashed back down to Earth with more playing time. Florial would be another guy likely pushing a 40 K%.

    Idk some things just seem backwards. Like everyone hates high K guys who can hit well despite the Ks but then clamor for a high K guy who likely won't hit much at all.
    I agree with you with what you are saying, but Florial didn't look like the numbers in the MILB would suggest. His eye was pretty good, made a lot of hard contact and i absolutely love the energy he brought.

    Its not that i see Flo as a huge star, although he has the tools to be if everything clicks, i think he would be a much better option than Gardy. I would be pretty surprised if he couldn't hit better than Gardy has this yr and Flo has the same or better level of athleticism

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Posts
    163
    I wish the Yankees had Rizzo for 1 more year and Gallo was the one who will be a FA after this year

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,534
    Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    I wish the Yankees had Rizzo for 1 more year and Gallo was the one who will be a FA after this year
    He looks like the perfect fit for this lineup, I can't wait to see how he does in YS.

    Rizzo is only 31, if he preforms really well the rest of the yr, maybe they resign him. If he plays well for us, maybe something in the 3yr 50m range? He was looking for something like 5yrs 100m from the Cubs last winter, he won't get that but i could see him getting 15-18m a yr for 3-4yrs

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,251
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't understand how everyone hates Gallo and hates the construction of the lineup with high K players but wants Florial to start? Florial has looked good but it has it even been 20 ABs? I wouldn't put much stock into it. He struggles to hit AAA pitching, I think if you give him a longer stint then it turns out like Higgy at the beginning of the year. Did well in the backup roll then crashed back down to Earth with more playing time. Florial would be another guy likely pushing a 40 K%.

    Idk some things just seem backwards. Like everyone hates high K guys who can hit well despite the Ks but then clamor for a high K guy who likely won't hit much at all.
    I think Flo can cut his K numbers a bit but that's not why I want him to play.
    I would rather see him in the field and hitting, than I would Gardner. If I am going to build a team, I am starting the 23 year old speedster who hits 200 over the 37 year old guy who plays lesser D, runs a step or two slower and hits the same.
    I would rather give Flo the chance. Especially hitting in this lineup where there is very little pressure for him to be a light out hitter..
    I want to see him play because he brings a different dimension and I want to see if he can stick. Let's find out.



    Ignorance is bliss

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,251
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He looks like the perfect fit for this lineup, I can't wait to see how he does in YS.

    Rizzo is only 31, if he preforms really well the rest of the yr, maybe they resign him. If he plays well for us, maybe something in the 3yr 50m range? He was looking for something like 5yrs 100m from the Cubs last winter, he won't get that but i could see him getting 15-18m a yr for 3-4yrs
    I am prepare for a bit of a slump from him when he gets a steady diet of AL pitching. I think he has a period of adjustment. I still think he hits decently but I won't be shocked if he falters for a couple weeks

    Hopefully not and even if he falters, I still expect good ABs and good contact.



    Ignorance is bliss

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cold Spring, NY
    Posts
    5,979
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Just because you don't strike out does not mean you are a good hitter. They could get 9 Ronald Torreyes' easily if that is the case.

    Yeah, and I'm sure Torreyes would have hit a bomb like Rizzo did last night. LOL
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I am prepare for a bit of a slump from him when he gets a steady diet of AL pitching. I think he has a period of adjustment. I still think he hits decently but I won't be shocked if he falters for a couple weeks

    Hopefully not and even if he falters, I still expect good ABs and good contact.
    Thats exactly why we needed his type of bat in the lineup, even if he's struggling he'll still give good ABs

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    38,063
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    Yeah, and I'm sure Torreyes would have hit a bomb like Rizzo did last night. LOL
    Torreyes would have 4 HRs by now instead of 2.

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,251
    Truth!



    Ignorance is bliss

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    He looks like the perfect fit for this lineup, I can't wait to see how he does in YS.

    Rizzo is only 31, if he preforms really well the rest of the yr, maybe they resign him. If he plays well for us, maybe something in the 3yr 50m range? He was looking for something like 5yrs 100m from the Cubs last winter, he won't get that but i could see him getting 15-18m a yr for 3-4yrs
    Even at 15-18 million a year is a lot. If the yankees don't trade any players away where will the money come from to sign Rizzo or anyone? I assume Gardner is gone, but who else? How will the yankees remain under 210 million with the arbitration pay raises of Judge, Torres, Gary, Gio and Gallo combined. That alone has got to cost 30 million and up. Most, if not all of these players, along with others need to be traded after the season.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Even at 15-18 million a year is a lot. If the yankees don't trade any players away where will the money come from to sign Rizzo or anyone? I assume Gardner is gone, but who else? How will the yankees remain under 210 million with the arbitration pay raises of Judge, Torres, Gary, Gio and Gallo combined. That alone has got to cost 30 million and up. Most, if not all of these players, along with others need to be traded after the season.
    Hal isn't going to make them stay under the LT next yr, the point was to reset it, not stay there. Also its been long expected that the LT will be raised either to the 250-260m range or done away with all together

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    35,007
    Off-season moves, IMO, should be to re-sign Rizzo if itís reasonable. Iím hopeful that since weíve reset the tax that ownership would sign off on a Corey Seager signing for shortstop. That frees up Torres to trade for pitching or prospects to replenish the system after a trade for a pitcher. Voit can also be moved with Rizzo re-signed. Frazier as well. And if anyone wants to take a flier on Andujar then him too. Basically letís clean up the roster cluster and turn anyone with value left that has not future into prospects/relievers.

    2B DJ (R)
    1B Rizzo (L)
    RF Judge (R)
    LF Gallo (L)
    RF Stanton (R)
    SS Seager (L)
    C Sanchez (R)
    3B Gio (R)
    CF Hicks (S)

    I love that lineup valance. I think thereís a solid mix of contact/OBP but also still keeping that power potential.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,259
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Hal isn't going to make them stay under the LT next yr, the point was to reset it, not stay there. Also its been long expected that the LT will be raised either to the 250-260m range or done away with all together
    But even assuming that it will be raised to 250 million, that still won't give the yankees any room to maneuver with all the arbitration raises if no one is let go. All it does is save them from having to trade away everyone.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    12,534
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Off-season moves, IMO, should be to re-sign Rizzo if itís reasonable. Iím hopeful that since weíve reset the tax that ownership would sign off on a Corey Seager signing for shortstop. That frees up Torres to trade for pitching or prospects to replenish the system after a trade for a pitcher. Voit can also be moved with Rizzo re-signed. Frazier as well. And if anyone wants to take a flier on Andujar then him too. Basically letís clean up the roster cluster and turn anyone with value left that has not future into prospects/relievers.

    2B DJ (R)
    1B Rizzo (L)
    RF Judge (R)
    LF Gallo (L)
    RF Stanton (R)
    SS Seager (L)
    C Sanchez (R)
    3B Gio (R)
    CF Hicks (S)

    I love that lineup valance. I think thereís a solid mix of contact/OBP but also still keeping that power potential.
    I agree about trading all the extra weight like Voit, Andujar, Frazier and anyone else who doesn't have a future with us. The good news with the NL adding the DH is that creates a whole bunch of teams looking to fill that position and might really value Voit and Andujar in that role.

    IMO, DJ either needs to go to 1st or go back to being the super utility guy.

    I would love to resign Rizzo, he looks like he's the perfect guy for this lineup.

    Seager would be great, but a couple things to consider before they sign him. He's very injury prone, which we really don't need more expensive, long term contact guys who are injury prone, there is also some question about him staying as SS long term.

    The Yanks also have 2 SS specs in Peraza and especially Volpe that they absolutely love and neither are to far away. Peraza should finish the season in AAA and Volpe should already be in AA. With those 2 guys pretty close, i'm not sure they spend big on a SS.

    I think they try and move Hicks this winter, he just doesn't stay healthy enough to be counted on to be our everyday CFer. I've really liked what i've seen from Flo so far, i'd really like to see him get his chance. Worst case start Flo in CF and have Hicks be our 4th OFer

    I know Torres is having a down yr but he's still so young and has proven so much already. I'd like to see him go back to 2nd base for next yr and see if that doesn't turn him around. I certainly understand why you look to trade him this winter, but we would be sell so low on him. IMO, i think the Yanks hold onto him and see if they can turn it around

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I ****ing love it!!!!!!

    60 ks in over 350 PAs. 250/350 with 15 hr and a high level 1rst base? This is an awesome trade. He will change the lineup. Dude can hit.

    I've been clamoring for them to get him for two years.

    He isn't as great as he was a few years ago but he's a guy who can flat out play and hits to all situations and fields.
    Hey, I have not watched one game this season. I trust your judgement, can you summarize the season to me in three sentences, lol. Been very busy. What's the deal with the team in super brief

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •