Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ony-rizzo.html

Cashman going all in to save Boones job. Rizzo and Gallo sure make this lineup a hell of alot more balanced.

Voits gotta go now, he has no place to play.

Rizzo is definitely more the kind of bat we needed.

What everyone think of getting Rizzo ?

LOVE IT....LOVE IT....LOVE IT. Just the type of hitter they need. Another move coming today I'm sure.

Even though I'm not in love with Gallo, these two trades are just what was needed. Cashman should be applauded for these two trades, considering what he gave up.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    2 years ago i would have loved it but rizzo had 2 downs years from what he use to be.. maybe he will feel revitalized on a playoff contender..

The never can be happy man speaks up.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

why is he hitting so bad this year and last he is on the downhill slide he though he is still 31
    I thought you were going to give it up after that Sunday loss?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

@JackCurryYES
    ·
    2m
    The Yankees are trading Alcantara and Vizcaino for Rizzo. The Cubs are picking up all of Rizzo’s remaining salary.

Alcantara going for a rental pisses me off, IMO thats more valuable than the package we gave up for Gallo

I'm not convinced he's a rental. I think they will sign him, and they should.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    The ONLY good news from all this is that Voit is being moved, but trading Altcantara for an aging first base rental? There's no doubt that Rizzo is a better than Odor, who will likely be benched from here on out, but is he leaps better? Not really. The improvement is somewhat significant on a champshiop team, but on this one?

Seriously? Rizzo is head and shoulders better than Odor.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

With Max and Turner the Dodger payroll close to 280m. Its absolutely nuts they got both Max and Turner, they gave up an absolute haul though. I wonder if they try and keep both Turner and Seager next yr, put Seager at 3rd and make Justin Turner the DH?

DH? Are you sure about that?
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    Voit seems to have been done since spring training. He, along with Gleyber, and DJ have not adjusted well to the new pitching methology in baseball now. Many players still haven't adjusted after 2 seasons. It's best he were traded now before anyone figures Voit out.
    Voit has hardly played and when he has it seems like he hasn't been back longer than a week or two to get his timing back. Then he gets hurt again. I wouldn't say Voit hasn't adjusted to the ball, he really hasn't had the chance. I definitely believe in Voit's bat.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Look for the Yankees to push a trade for Berrios, using Voit Garcia and Florial
    Maybe add Gil, Peraza, and Wells to that.

They could use a DH with Cruz gone and it sounds like they can't come to an extension with Buxton, so they need a CFer also

I think it would be a mistake to trade Flo. He has been much better at the plate than expected, has incredible speed , hits for power and plays great defense with a cannon for an arm. If he could hit .250, he would be a hell of a player. Judge, Flo and Gallo would probably give the Yanks one of the better defensive OF's in baseball. All 3 have plus or better arms, with those 3 in the OF base runners would definitely think long and hard about trying to tun on any of them
    I don't understand how everyone hates Gallo and hates the construction of the lineup with high K players but wants Florial to start? Florial has looked good but it has it even been 20 ABs? I wouldn't put much stock into it. He struggles to hit AAA pitching, I think if you give him a longer stint then it turns out like Higgy at the beginning of the year. Did well in the backup roll then crashed back down to Earth with more playing time. Florial would be another guy likely pushing a 40 K%.

Idk some things just seem backwards. Like everyone hates high K guys who can hit well despite the Ks but then clamor for a high K guy who likely won't hit much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I'm not convinced he's a rental. I think they will sign him, and they should.
    They should sign a guy drastically on the down swing? Idk about that one.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    I don't know about that. Look at the cubs lineup. He didn't have much around him. I think he has a boost from this lineup. I think Gallo will as well

Basically the lineup just got better by a good bit IMO. They will be boring as hell but they will hit

Ignorance is bliss

I love this trade, And he has had a few problems with the Cubs as well. I see him playing a lot better here. And he is 31 so not like he couldn't have a good 3-5 years in him.. I think he will impress us.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    why is he hitting so bad this year and last he is on the downhill slide he though he is still 31
    You are aware he's hitting better this year than last?

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post

He's not exactly in a wheel chair yet. He's a LHB makes contact and doesn't strike out much. Works for me.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    He's not exactly in a wheel chair yet. He's a LHB makes contact and doesn't strike out much. Works for me.
    Just because you don't strike out does not mean you are a good hitter. They could get 9 Ronald Torreyes' easily if that is the case.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast