Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Yankees acquire Anthony Rizzo

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ony-rizzo.html

Cashman going all in to save Boones job. Rizzo and Gallo sure make this lineup a hell of alot more balanced.

Voits gotta go now, he has no place to play.

Rizzo is definitely more the kind of bat we needed.

What everyone think of getting Rizzo ?

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ony-rizzo.html

Cashman going all in to save Boones job. Rizzo and Gallo sure make this lineup a hell of alot more balanced.

Voits gotta go now, he has no place to play.

Rizzo is definitely more the kind of bat we needed.

What everyone think of getting Rizzo ?
    2 years ago i would have loved it but rizzo had 2 downs years from what he use to be.. maybe he will feel revitalized on a playoff contender..

Please be good to him. This trade hurts Cubs fans to the core. The guy does not need to be platoon, he can hit both lefties and righties. Put him between your monsters.
    Screw sabermetics.

why is he hitting so bad this year and last he is on the downhill slide he though he is still 31

@JackCurryYES
    ·
    2m
    The Yankees are trading Alcantara and Vizcaino for Rizzo. The Cubs are picking up all of Rizzo’s remaining salary.

Alcantara going for a rental pisses me off, IMO thats more valuable than the package we gave up for Gallo

i willing to see what he got left

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Please be good to him. This trade hurts Cubs fans to the core. The guy does not need to be platoon, he can hit both lefties and righties. Put him between your monsters.
    You guys got 2 better specs IMO than we gave up for Gallo

If it was between rentals Rizzo or Story, Rizzo is a better fit for the Yankees being LH. It's just really sad to see Cashman go balls out now when he should've made moves for LH hitters prior to this season starting.

Quote Originally Posted by 808yankee View Post
    If it was between rentals Rizzo or Story, Rizzo is a better fit for the Yankees being LH. It's just really sad to see Cashman go balls out now when he should've made moves for LH hitters prior to this season starting.
    maybe cashman fears he will lose his job if the yanks don't make the playoffs..maybe hal told him that would happen..

I will say this, obviously the Rizzo move makes us a better club immediately, and regardless of how bad this year has been Sevy hopefully is coming back and who knows maybe even Kluber, and holy mackerel we’ve taken more punches then we can even count, seriously we’ve lost some tough games. So hopefully we’re battle tested .
    If they get in anything can happen ,and if we did get in and we beat the sux in the playoffs that would make my year.
    And on a side note if these moves backfire on Cash ,him and Boone are probably gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    You guys got 2 better specs IMO than we gave up for Gallo
    I agree. Can't wait to see how they developed.

Imagine if the Yankees had traded Derek Jeter? I'm not comparing their accomplishment, just what they meant to their franchises.

Anthony Rizzo will be great and he will be energize by the trade. He is going to be the hitter you want up there in the critical situations.

Good luck #44, good luck Yankees.
    Screw sabermetics.

Imagine if the Yankees had traded Derek Jeter? I'm not comparing their accomplishment, just what they meant to their franchises.

Anthony Rizzo will be great and he will be energize by the trade. He is going to be the hitter you want up there in the critical situations.

TY Blue very classy of you. I sure hope you’re right, we’ve left enough men on base to form a conga line, we could use a situational hitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I ****ing love it!!!!!!

60 ks in over 350 PAs. 250/350 with 15 hr and a high level 1rst base? This is an awesome trade. He will change the lineup. Dude can hit.

I've been clamoring for them to get him for two years.

He isn't as great as he was a few years ago but he's a guy who can flat out play and hits to all situations and fields.

Ignorance is bliss

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang

Thanks man! I love this guy and this trade. He changes the lineup far, far more than Gallo does.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I ****ing love it!!!!!!

60 ks in over 350 PAs. 250/350 with 15 hr and a high level 1rst base? This is an awesome trade. He will change the lineup. Dude can hit.

I've been clamoring for them to get him for two years.

He isn't as great as he was a few years ago but he's a guy who can flat out play and hits to all situations and fields.
    Haha right on Kinko! I firmly believe Rizzo's stats will go up now with a better lineup around him

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast