Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Um ok I guess again haha. For a team that probably won’t make the playoffs there dealing away a lot of prospects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's again a better hitter than most of their lineup, but it makes their infield situation.. interesting.

They bought into the mirage of LaMahieu's 2019 season, and now they have a 32 year old league-average hitter making $15MM a year until his age 37 season(!), and Odor at 2B who has a lower OBP but more power this year. He's an even worse hitter for his career than LaMahieu though, so I'm guessing he'll be the one to see his ABs decline here?

They got better for the rest of the season with this, anyway.

"The thing we may have to accept is that red states really like this pandemic and want to keep it.”" - @LOLGOP

Wasn’t Rizzo begging for an extension with the Cubs? Crazy that they are letting him and Bryant both get away here.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Wasn’t Rizzo begging for an extension with the Cubs? Crazy that they are letting him and Bryant both get away here.
    They offered Rizzo one in spring training, but they low balled him. Hopefully they offer more in the off season and he comes back, but I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    He reportedly turned down 5/70 recently. Each of the Cubs pending FA turned down long term overtures. The prospect returns will be better than the potential comp picks. They got a really good return for Rizzo, who hasn't hit like himself for the last 500+ PA.

It's a sad time for Cubs fans, for sure. But they made several offers over the years that each of the core players rejected. It's the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    They offered Rizzo one in spring training, but they low balled him. Hopefully they offer more in the off season and he comes back, but I have my doubts.
    They gave a 5 year offer to a 31 year old 1B. That doesn't really happen anymore. The offer was fair. It just didn't include bonuses for past performance and kickback for his under-market deal he completed.

And he also did not hit well in 2020. I'll bet he doesn't get much more in FA.

I like this move more than bringing in Gallo. Rizzo fills a position of need for the Yankees. The Yankees need to have an everyday 1B.