Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    I actually think it will work for the Lakers. But you have to define "work" first.

Locker Room-
    I think RWB will be a good teammate. Despite whatever challenges LA has, they will stick together throughout the regular season

Westbrook Individual Success-
    16/8/6 on 11 shots 44% 32% 70%. Playing more passively and understanding that he's a facilitator. I also see him focusing on taking less 3s unless they are from the corners.

Team Success-
    I ultimately don't think they will win a championship, but that doesn't mean it wasn't successful. Other teams are just better. I see a 2nd round KO and 3rd seed assuming Davis is healthy at least 75% of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    I actually think it will work for the Lakers. But you have to define "work" first.

Locker Room-
    I think RWB will be a good teammate. Despite whatever challenges LA has, they will stick together throughout the regular season

Westbrook Individual Success-
    16/8/6 on 11 shots 44% 32% 70%. Playing more passively and understanding that he's a facilitator. I also see him focusing on taking less 3s unless they are from the corners.

Team Success-
    I ultimately don't think they will win a championship, but that doesn't mean it wasn't successful. Other teams are just better. I see a 2nd round KO and 3rd seed assuming Davis is healthy at least 75% of the season.
    I seem em making the final if healthy, no one in the West is on their level.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    +1

4. 08-03-2021, 10:54 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

1: Westbrook/Nunn/Monk/Ayayi
    2: Ellington/THT/Bazemore/Reaves
    3: LBJ/Ariza/McKinnie
    4: Brow/Melo
    5: Gasol/Dwight
    This, and everyone new something like this was imminent

6. 08-03-2021, 11:30 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

Their defense will be mediocre and their offense lacks outside shooting balance when their best players are on the floor.

I could be wrong but I don't see them as a juggernaut even if relatively healthy (also a concern).

Their defense will be mediocre and their offense lacks outside shooting balance when their best players are on the floor.

I could be wrong but I don't see them as a juggernaut even if relatively healthy (also a concern).
    I mean their title run less than a calendar year ago consisted of either McGee or Howard at 5 (non shooters) and Danny Green below league average. If LeBron and AD can knock down their shots all the million wings they signed can match KCP and Green's shooting, Westbrook can be the non shooter, long as he doesn't chuck em outta the game.

What teams in the West do you see beating the Lakers in a 7 game series when healthy? I'm having trouble finding even one.

9. 08-04-2021, 01:20 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

10. 08-04-2021, 02:57 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

I mean their title run less than a calendar year ago consisted of either McGee or Howard at 5 (non shooters) and Danny Green below league average. If LeBron and AD can knock down their shots all the million wings they signed can match KCP and Green's shooting, Westbrook can be the non shooter, long as he doesn't chuck em outta the game.

What teams in the West do you see beating the Lakers in a 7 game series when healthy? I'm having trouble finding even one.
    I think if Klay comes back as a similar player (big if) and the new guys adjust well and don’t screw up too badly, the Warriors have a chance (plus, there’s still nothing ruling out a big trade). Similarly, if Kawhi can be healthy for the playoffs (again, big if)…..If Murray comes back to form (I’m sensing a pattern….), the Blazers bench got better, I wouldn’t rule out the Suns and possibly the Jazz…..

Honestly, I think it all depends on health (across the conference) and if RWB will NOT be what he’s been for basically the majority of his career. I just have no faith in their 4s and 5s (besides AD), Ariza, RWB, or Bazemore. Maybe they gel fantastically and I hope they do……I just don’t see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    I think if Klay comes back as a similar player (big if) and the new guys adjust well and don’t screw up too badly, the Warriors have a chance (plus, there’s still nothing ruling out a big trade). Similarly, if Kawhi can be healthy for the playoffs (again, big if)…..If Murray comes back to form (I’m sensing a pattern….), the Blazers bench got better, I wouldn’t rule out the Suns and possibly the Jazz…..

Honestly, I think it all depends on health (across the conference) and if RWB will NOT be what he’s been for basically the majority of his career. I just have no faith in their 4s and 5s (besides AD), Ariza, RWB, or Bazemore. Maybe they gel fantastically and I hope they do……I just don’t see it.
    Having no confidence in those guys and they could still run out Nunn/Ellington/THT/LeBron/AD.

I do not buy Blazers, Nuggets, Jazz, Suns having a shot against this Lakers team.

I'll give you the Warriors as having a chance just because Steph and Klay are other wordly.

I think Kawhi will miss the entire season (regardless what team he ends up on). But if healthy the Clippers match up well with the Lakers.

Having no confidence in those guys and they could still run out Nunn/Ellington/THT/LeBron/AD.

I do not buy Blazers, Nuggets, Jazz, Suns having a shot against this Lakers team.

I'll give you the Warriors as having a chance just because Steph and Klay are other wordly.

I think Kawhi will miss the entire season (regardless what team he ends up on). But if healthy the Clippers match up well with the Lakers.
    I’ll be rooting for LeBron if for nothing else then to shut some haters up but it could be a trainwreck again and if he or AD goes down for the season, I think it’s over for them. And that seems to be more likely the longer they both play.

14. 08-04-2021, 08:24 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

15. 08-04-2021, 08:27 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

16. 08-04-2021, 08:38 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

You touched only on offense and nothing on defense.

Green, KCP, Caruso, Rondo, Morris, Kuzma, McGee, 2 year younger LeBron, 2 years younger Howard.

They've lost all of that and let's compare the replacements:
    Westbrook / Nunn / Ellington / Monk / Bazemore- Weaker defender than every guard above

Melo / Ariza- Weaker defender than every forward above

Gasol - Weaker defender than every Center above

I think Jazz, Warriors, Suns, Nuggets, Clippers if they are there in that 2nd round can KO the Lakers.

Green, KCP, Caruso, Rondo, Morris, Kuzma, McGee, 2 year younger LeBron, 2 years younger Howard.

Westbrook / Nunn / Ellington / Monk / Bazemore- Weaker defender than every guard above

I think Jazz, Warriors, Suns, Nuggets, Clippers if they are there in that 2nd round can KO the Lakers.
    Lol seems like we'll have a lot to talk about next May...

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Lol seems like we'll have a lot to talk about next May...
    I don't think this is the final version of the roster. They will most likely add a ring chaser or two. They definitely need more defense though.

If this is the final core rotation I feel confident their offense is not enough to carry the mediocre defense.

Spot on. Clippers and Nuggets when fully healthy are no joke. Warriors can always be dangerous with the splash bros. Phoenix got some strong experience in his last playoffs run. The rest not so much.

Ultimately, at the end of the day, I think health and chemistry will determine the fate of this squad (not really unlike any other team). Just like the last two seasons, there was enough talent on both sides of the ball to win a title. In the bubble, they stayed healthy and gelled together. Last season, they did not.

I think they've accumulated enough talent even with Westbrook's shortcomings that I've noted in this thread to get back to the Finals. But I could also easily see this going sideways if Lebron or AD miss a chunk of time, Westy can't play to his strengths or the new core can't develop the kind of chemistry they had two years ago.

The Lakers are great on paper, but I very much think they're beatable. They lack the continuity and chemistry of some of the other squads like Denver, Phoenix, Golden State and Utah, which have clearer identities and defined roles.

Like I said, I'll concede Warriors because their shooting. Anyone else doesn't have a shot (Kawhi won't play next season).

Everyone ragging on Westbrook but when was the last time we've seen him be a 3rd option, if ever?

23. 08-04-2021, 10:13 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

24. 08-04-2021, 10:27 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast