Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 206
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,479
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Id rather have Wuss too. Buddy Hield sucks lol
    Yeah for sure...ask Mighty, Buddys advanced stats are worse than Rookie Wiggins. Hes a negative player at the end of the day.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,236
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Yeah for sure...ask Mighty, Buddys advanced stats are worse than Rookie Wiggins. Hes a negative player at the end of the day.
    Yup. Hes 💯 percent right in that assessment.

    Buddy is a good catch and shoot player and thats it. Very streaky. He doesnt bring much else to the table.

  3. 07-31-2021, 12:39 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  4. #153
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,588
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    You blow to hard my blowhard friend. You make points like there law, but there is def some disingenuous posting here. The reason Wes was so bad against the Lakers was because he was fresh off injury and Rusty as hell. If your going to preach, just keep it all the way 100. You also always start off with some stupid diatribe. Stop that silly prick sh. Chronz stopped doing it years ago, your the only one who still does it and its played out. Make your point, state ALL the facts. Thats good enough.
    Your one legitimate counterpoint to the several facts I brought to the table was "Westy was hurt in the playoffs." The rest of it is all fluff with no substance. And I didn't really say anything especially offensive here, except that I thought it was an ignorant take from someone who puts way too much stock into base stats and doesn't look at advanced numbers at all. Am I wrong?

    As for the one actual basketball point you make here, that's fine. Was he injured in the Wizards' series against Philly this postseason when he averaged 19 points per game on 17 shots while shooting 32% from the floor and 18% from the 3-point line? Those numbers are even worse than the Lakers series from a year ago. And what about his awful production the last three regular seasons? Are we going to chalk all three years worth of bad basketball up to him being banged up, too?

    Poor IQ, bad shot selection and inability to work on his weaknesses are to blame for his poor play, not injuries. Fun fact: There was this amazing two-month stretch in his time in Houston before the pandemic where he was the best player for the Rockets and he was actually doing the things people have said he should have been doing for years: not shooting 3s, not taking contested jumpers and just constantly attacking the basket. It was incredible, and he was actually scoring at a hyperefficient level for the first time in his career.

    Fast forward to the bubble, and his old habits were back. He was taking threes and contested jumpers again just like the old days. Rockets fans all hoped that Westbrook from February was going to be the guy moving forward, and if he had been, he'd actually be a legitimate max level player. But he's incapable of being that guy for more than short stints.

    (Side note, but you got to work on using "they're" and "you're" correctly. Drives me nuts.)
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 07-31-2021 at 02:56 PM.


  5. #154
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,588
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yup. Hes 💯 percent right in that assessment.

    Buddy is a good catch and shoot player and thats it. Very streaky. He doesnt bring much else to the table.
    I don't think Hield is a very good player either. But I do think if I could have him at $24M and room to add another quality player or two with another $20M, OR I could have Westy for $44 million, I'd probably rather have Hield and role players. Ideally, I wouldn't really want to spend that kind of money on either guy if I were the Lakers. I would have simply dumped the overpaid, underproducing guys like Kuzma and used whatever cap space and deals I could to put the right pieces around AD and Lebron.


  6. #155
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,479
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Your one legitimate counterpoint to the several facts I brought to the table was "Westy was hurt in the playoffs." The rest of it is all fluff with no substance. And I didn't really say anything especially offensive here, except that I thought it was an ignorant take from someone who puts way too much stock into base stats and doesn't look at advanced numbers at all. Am I wrong?

    As for the one actual basketball point you make here, that's fine. Was he injured in the Wizards' series against Philly this postseason when he averaged 19 points per game on 17 shots while shooting 32% from the floor and 18% from the 3-point line? Those numbers are even worse than the Lakers series from a year ago. And what about his awful production the last three regular seasons? Are we going to chalk all three years worth of bad basketball up to him being banged up, too?

    Poor IQ, bad shot selection and inability to work on his weaknesses are to blame for his poor play, not injuries. Fun fact: There was this amazing two-month stretch in his time in Houston before the pandemic where he was the best player for the Rockets and he was actually doing the things people have said he should have been doing for years: not shooting 3s, not taking contested jumpers and just constantly attacking the basket. It was incredible, and he was actually scoring at a hyperefficient level for the first time in his career.

    Fast forward to the bubble, and his old habits were back. He was taking threes and contested jumpers again just like the old days. Rockets fans all hoped that Westbrook from February was going to be the guy moving forward, and if he had been, he'd actually be a legitimate max level player. But he's incapable of being that guy for more than short stints.

    (Side note, but you got to work on using "they're" and "you're" correctly.)
    I think the smartest stat padder in basketball will be able to get the not so smartest stat padder to play the way he did in that two month stretch.

    I understand all you of Westys flaws...but the fact is, nobody else could do what Westy does even if they tried. Having that ability makes him special. The ONLY thing holding him back is his head. But as you said, hes shown for two months if he mentally decides to play a certain way, hes as good as Harden. I believe Bron, and AD will give him the right motivation to recreate those two months for an entire season.


    Drives u nuts huh? Another reason for me not to care about conjugation on a message board.

    Highandmightyboughstones...you really need to work on your prick tendencies...Ive told you this before...its like a long spiked broom is permanently wedged up your a.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 07-31-2021 at 03:09 PM.

  7. #156
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    861
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm not sure.
    Do you watch the Lakers???



    If ya ain't talkin bout Chips
    Ya ain't talkin bout ****!!!!
    🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

  8. #157
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,588
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    I think the smartest stat padder in basketball will be able to get the not so smartest stat padder to play the way he did in that two month stretch.
    Playing with his close friend and former teammate in Harden on a team with other veterans and coached by one of the greatest offensive minds in the sport, the Rockets couldn't get him to do it for more than a short period of time. What makes you think he's suddenly going to change his ways after 13 years? Lebron is still a great player and an excellent recruiter of talent, but the man's not a miracle worker.

    I understand all you of Westys flaws...but the fact is, nobody else could do what Westy does even if they tried. Having that ability makes him special. The ONLY thing holding him back is his head. But as you said, hes shown for two months if he mentally decides to play a certain way, hes as good as Harden. I believe Bron, and AD will give him the right motivation to recreate those two months for an entire season.
    Mmm... He was as good as Harden because Harden had arguably the worst stretch of basketball in his entire time in Houston. Even Westy at that level is no match for peak Harden.

    Also, you're acting like the mental part of the game is this super easy thing to figure out and overall athleticism and skills are all that matter. If that were true, we wouldn't have guys drafted in the top 5 bust every year. And we wouldn't have incredibly talented players fizzle out in professional sports for being unable to change small, critical aspects of their games.

    That's a massive part of being a professional athlete, and it's almost as important as the physical stuff. Things like shot selection and making the right pass and making the right rotation on defense; that stuff matters. And you can be the most gifted athlete on the planet, but if you can't do that stuff right, you're not going to be an elite player. Westbrook isn't that guy, and I have no reason to think he's suddenly going to figure it out this late into his career.

    And that's not to say LA still won't be great next year or that Westy doesn't have skills. They could 100% prove me wrong and go on to win the title. But if so, I think it'll be in spite of Westbrook's bad habits OR it will be because he takes a significant backseat to the two superior players on the team. At the end of the day, though, this was not a move I would have made for the Lakers; there were better options out there to improve that roster.


  9. #158
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,479
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I don't think Hield is a very good player either. But I do think if I could have him at $24M and room to add another quality player or two with another $20M, OR I could have Westy for $44 million, I'd probably rather have Hield and role players. Ideally, I wouldn't really want to spend that kind of money on either guy if I were the Lakers. I would have simply dumped the overpaid, underproducing guys like Kuzma and used whatever cap space and deals I could to put the right pieces around AD and Lebron.
    So you would trade Kuzma and Harold for a guy whos got the same advanced stats as Kuzma and pay him double what Kuzma makes?...Over a guy whos had Harden level impact for stretches and has the ability to affect the game in multiple ways?

  10. #159
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,588
    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    So you would trade Kuzma and Harold for a guy whos got the same advanced stats as Kuzma and pay him double what Kuzma makes?...Over a guy whos had Harden level impact for stretches and has the ability to affect the game in multiple ways?
    Harrell wasn't going to re-sign anyway. I don't get the sense that he wants to be a Laker anymore, so he's not really part of the equation. Frankly, like I just said, I wouldn't have gone after Hield either, as I don't think he's close to being worth the money he's making.

    But at least Hield has one elite skill as a 3-point shooter, and it's a skill that comes at a premium in today's NBA and one that the Lakers desperately need more of. He fits better on the roster than Kuzma and Westbrook do. I agree that the Lakers need a secondary creator to replace what they got out of Rondo and Schroder, but they didn't need to acquire Westbrook's albatross of a contract to get that. There are other point guards out there making a fraction of what Westy makes who would have been better fits.


  11. #160
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,479
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Playing with his close friend and former teammate in Harden on a team with other veterans and coached by one of the greatest offensive minds in the sport, the Rockets couldn't get him to do it for more than a short period of time. What makes you think he's suddenly going to change his ways after 13 years? Lebron is still a great player and an excellent recruiter of talent, but the man's not a miracle worker.


    Mmm... He was as good as Harden because Harden had arguably the worst stretch of basketball in his entire time in Houston. Even Westy at that level is no match for peak Harden.

    Also, you're acting like the mental part of the game is this super easy thing to figure out and overall athleticism and skills are all that matter. If that were true, we wouldn't have guys drafted in the top 5 bust every year. And we wouldn't have incredibly talented players fizzle out in professional sports for being unable to change small, critical aspects of their games.

    That's a massive part of being a professional athlete, and it's almost as important as the physical stuff. Things like shot selection and making the right pass and making the right rotation on defense; that stuff matters. And you can be the most gifted athlete on the planet, but if you can't do that stuff right, you're not going to be an elite player. Westbrook isn't that guy, and I have no reason to think he's suddenly going to figure it out this late into his career.

    And that's not to say LA still won't be great next year or that Westy doesn't have skills. They could 100% prove me wrong and go on to win the title. But if so, I think it'll be in spite of Westbrook's bad habits OR it will be because he takes a significant backseat to the two superior players on the team. At the end of the day, though, this was not a move I would have made for the Lakers; there were better options out there to improve that roster.
    Not asking Russ to do anything he hasnt already done for two months straight.

    And yeah Lebrons influence with 4 rings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The ringless tandem of Harden/Pringles...lol...what? if they couldnt what makes me think Bron could...lol...

  12. #161
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,479
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Harrell wasn't going to re-sign anyway. I don't get the sense that he wants to be a Laker anymore, so he's not really part of the equation. Frankly, like I just said, I wouldn't have gone after Hield either, as I don't think he's close to being worth the money he's making.

    But at least Hield has one elite skill as a 3-point shooter, and it's a skill that comes at a premium in today's NBA and one that the Lakers desperately need more of. He fits better on the roster than Kuzma and Westbrook do. I agree that the Lakers need a secondary creator to replace what they got out of Rondo and Schroder, but they didn't need to acquire Westbrook's albatross of a contract to get that. There are other point guards out there making a fraction of what Westy makes who would have been better fits.
    Melo just shot better from 3 than Heild last year and hes gonna get a vet min. You wanna pay the current version of Melo 24 mill when yoo can him and others like him for the vet min? Or get a one of a kind player in Russ who has the ability to be great if he plays like he did for Houston in that 2 month stretch. Bron and AD will influence what and how he does things on the court way more than any guys ever. So if pringles and James can get him to do it for 2 months, I think Bron and AD and a winning culture can get him to do it for a year.

  13. 07-31-2021, 04:19 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  14. #162
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    39,036
    Quote Originally Posted by RubberBand_Man View Post
    Do you watch the Lakers???
    Yes, and right now there isn't much of a roster and Westbrook hasn't played with LeBron and AD.

  15. 07-31-2021, 07:20 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  16. #163
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes, and right now there isn't much of a roster and Westbrook hasn't played with LeBron and AD.
    They have the outline of a roster.

    LeBron, Davis, Wes, Gasol

    McKinnie (non-guaranteed)

    Joel Ayayi (2-way) and Austin Reaves (2-way)

    Mac McClung (exibit 10) and Chaundee Brown (exibit 10)

    Then there's Devontae Cacok who is a former 2way who is currently on their summer league roster.

    That's at least 7 of their 17 roster spots, but maybe up to 10.

  17. 07-31-2021, 07:34 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  18. 07-31-2021, 07:42 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  19. 07-31-2021, 08:00 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  20. 07-31-2021, 08:52 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  21. 07-31-2021, 09:27 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  22. #164
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,759
    Westbrook doesn't really stretch the floor and will clog the lane. I think the Lakers were desperate to get a name and got one but doesn't fit the puzzle that good. Yeah Westbrook could dish to LeBron and Ad a ton and get his assists and rebounds. Then slowly milk his own points for triple doubles. But meh. LeBron is the team. Most likely Westbrook runs the bench more when LeBron and/or AD sit.

  23. #165
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    30,277
    Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Westbrook doesn't really stretch the floor and will clog the lane. I think the Lakers were desperate to get a name and got one but doesn't fit the puzzle that good. Yeah Westbrook could dish to LeBron and Ad a ton and get his assists and rebounds. Then slowly milk his own points for triple doubles. But meh. LeBron is the team. Most likely Westbrook runs the bench more when LeBron and/or AD sit.
    It's more about getting lebron rest imo

    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  24. 08-01-2021, 12:14 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

  25. 08-01-2021, 12:17 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

  26. 08-01-2021, 02:10 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

  27. 08-01-2021, 03:37 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

  28. 08-01-2021, 04:21 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

  29. 08-01-2021, 05:33 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

  30. 08-01-2021, 08:10 AM
    Reason
    Not needed

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •