Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

John Collins back to Hawks 5/$125mil

Collins back to the Hawks 5 years 125

That's a lot of money, but all things considered, I actually like this deal for Atlanta. I thought he was going to get a max offer from somebody, but locking him in for five years at $25M per year is decent value for a versatile big like him who's probably the second best player on that Hawks team.

This might prevent Atlanta from signing another superstar down the line, but if they can keep that young core of Trae, Collins and Capela together without overpaying the two bigs, they can probably find room for another star. And Collins still has room to grow into a star potentially.

At least it's not a max. I don't think he's a true all-star, but might be a good David West type who was a good partner to CP3.

I agree he's not worth max but we had to do what we could to keep him. Gallo is health risky being his history 2 seasons prior to this one and being up in age as well. Okongwu being out for few month start of season, this was much needed...

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    At least it's not a max. I don't think he's a true all-star, but might be a good David West type who was a good partner to CP3.
    I saw West as a strong post presence and a tough player. I think Collins is more of a finesse big whos more skilled on the offensive end. Especially if you consider his ability from range. Not a bad comp though.

Bobby Marks said when he was in the Nets front office they let Kenyon Martin go and team was never the same.

Good to see the Hawks spend big on their 2 young guys after spending big getting help from outside FA's last off season.

John Collins back to Hawks 5/$125mil

People like to hate on Collins but i think this is a good contract. He is excellent off ball scorer. He shot 40% from 3 last year, is a great vertical spacer, has awesome hands and is a good finisher both in transition and in the half. Throw in the fact that he plays 4 and 5 and this guy gives value while while letting everyone else handle the rock. He’s a connector that really helps Atlanta’s offense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    People like to hate on Collins but i think this is a good contract. He is excellent off ball scorer. He shot 40% from 3 last year, is a great vertical spacer, has awesome hands and is a good finisher both in transition and in the half. Throw in the fact that he plays 4 and 5 and this guy gives value while while letting everyone else handle the rock. He’s a connector that really helps Atlanta’s offense

Gotta have those glue guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

+1 well said.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Collins back to the Hawks 5 years 125
    Reminds me of when pistons overpaid josh smith.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

I dont think so. Collins is solid and plays a team game, with in his role.. Josh Smith was a chucker.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post

Wait for real?

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Josh Smith was a chucker.
    Yes sir!