Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556

    John Collins back to Hawks 5/$125mil

    Collins back to the Hawks 5 years 125

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,689
    That's a lot of money, but all things considered, I actually like this deal for Atlanta. I thought he was going to get a max offer from somebody, but locking him in for five years at $25M per year is decent value for a versatile big like him who's probably the second best player on that Hawks team.

    This might prevent Atlanta from signing another superstar down the line, but if they can keep that young core of Trae, Collins and Capela together without overpaying the two bigs, they can probably find room for another star. And Collins still has room to grow into a star potentially.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,591
    At least it's not a max. I don't think he's a true all-star, but might be a good David West type who was a good partner to CP3.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,804
    I agree he's not worth max but we had to do what we could to keep him. Gallo is health risky being his history 2 seasons prior to this one and being up in age as well. Okongwu being out for few month start of season, this was much needed...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,953
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    At least it's not a max. I don't think he's a true all-star, but might be a good David West type who was a good partner to CP3.
    I saw West as a strong post presence and a tough player. I think Collins is more of a finesse big whos more skilled on the offensive end. Especially if you consider his ability from range. Not a bad comp though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Bobby Marks said when he was in the Nets front office they let Kenyon Martin go and team was never the same.

    Good to see the Hawks spend big on their 2 young guys after spending big getting help from outside FA's last off season.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    63,112

    John Collins back to Hawks 5/$125mil

    People like to hate on Collins but i think this is a good contract. He is excellent off ball scorer. He shot 40% from 3 last year, is a great vertical spacer, has awesome hands and is a good finisher both in transition and in the half. Throw in the fact that he plays 4 and 5 and this guy gives value while while letting everyone else handle the rock. He’s a connector that really helps Atlanta’s offense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    People like to hate on Collins but i think this is a good contract. He is excellent off ball scorer. He shot 40% from 3 last year, is a great vertical spacer, has awesome hands and is a good finisher both in transition and in the half. Throw in the fact that he plays 4 and 5 and this guy gives value while while letting everyone else handle the rock. He’s a connector that really helps Atlanta’s offense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotta have those glue guys.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,953
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    People like to hate on Collins but i think this is a good contract. He is excellent off ball scorer. He shot 40% from 3 last year, is a great vertical spacer, has awesome hands and is a good finisher both in transition and in the half. Throw in the fact that he plays 4 and 5 and this guy gives value while while letting everyone else handle the rock. He’s a connector that really helps Atlanta’s offense


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    +1 well said.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    25,834
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Collins back to the Hawks 5 years 125
    Reminds me of when pistons overpaid josh smith.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The 6
    Posts
    30,953
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Reminds me of when pistons overpaid josh smith.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    I dont think so. Collins is solid and plays a team game, with in his role.. Josh Smith was a chucker.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Reminds me of when pistons overpaid josh smith.

    Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
    Wait for real?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,804
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Josh Smith was a chucker.
    Yes sir!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •