Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,921

    PJ Tucker to Heat 2/$15mil

    Per Shams.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,921
    NBA all the way beat me to it.

    But I think this move is big enough to warrant its own thread despite the small amount. This move might push the Heat dangerously close to the hard cap.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    I really thought he was headed back to the Bucks, but good on him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    NBA all the way beat me to it.

    But I think this move is big enough to warrant its own thread despite the small amount. This move might push the Heat dangerously close to the hard cap.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh dang, solid point. I wanna see what the Lowry year 1 is.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Player option for year 2.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    17,385
    I feel like the HEAT is a mishmash of polarizing players. Good defenders or bad defenders. Shot creators or guys who need to be spoon fed.

    Hopefully Spo can get something out of this group. I think Miami needs one more stretch big.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,921
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Oh dang, solid point. I wanna see what the Lowry year 1 is.
    Just some quick cap math:
    $90 mil pre-Lowry trade for 5 guys.

    If Lowry is $30 mil thatís $120 mil for 6 guys.
    And if PJs is evenly split thatís ~$127 mil for 7 guys.

    The hard cap is $136mil I believe. So that Lowry year one number has to come in at like $20 mil to work.

    Lowry
    Butler
    Robinson
    Tucker
    Adebayo
    With Herro and Okpala is basically your 2021-2022 Heat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Just some quick cap math:
    $90 mil pre-Lowry trade for 5 guys.

    If Lowry is $30 mil thatís $120 mil for 6 guys.
    And if PJs is evenly split thatís ~$127 mil for 7 guys.

    The hard cap is $136mil I believe. So that Lowry year one number has to come in at like $20 mil to work.

    Lowry
    Butler
    Robinson
    Tucker
    Adebayo
    With Herro and Okpala is basically your 2021-2022 Heat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard cap is $6 million above the tax line so should be roughly $142 million.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,921
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Hard cap is $6 million above the tax line so should be roughly $142 million.
    My bad. So $20 mil for 6-7 players. If Lowry took the full $30 mil then every minimum signing can be a 5th year player. Or they can do 3 rookies at the minimum and 3/4 8/9/10+ year guys. If Lowry took $20 mil they could do all 7+ year vets. This would leave about $6mil in wiggle room for trades and in season signings.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    66,921
    Mannix said the Heat are now in the Vet Min market for everyone else. Must mean Lowry is at the $30mil year one mark.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,958
    Wow Bucks let PJ go

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    Wow Bucks let PJ go
    Seems they picked Portis over him.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    32,654
    Man, Miami is really spending a ton of money and isn't wasting any time to do it. I don't blame them; given Philly's struggles, Brooklyn's injuries and Milwaukee's inconsistent postseason performances the last few years, Riley and co. probably think they can get to another Finals or two in Butler's prime. But the fact that they're spending so much on guys in their mid 30s means their window is going to be pretty small.

    I think going all in with what they had given Butler's age was probably the right decision, but if that core with Lowry, Robinson and Bam doesn't pan out, they're not going to have much cap flexibility to fix it the next few years. Should definitely be a competitive squad, though, and a ridiculously tough team defensively.


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,929
    bucks couldn't match that??

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    9,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    bucks couldn't match that??
    I think they picked Portis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •