Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    1: Westbrook/Nunn/Monk/Ayayi
    2: Ellington/THT/Bazemore/Reaves
    3: LBJ/Ariza/McKinnie
    4: Brow/Melo
    5: Gasol/Dwight
    When I posted that it was true

Like I said, I'll concede Warriors because their shooting. Anyone else doesn't have a shot (Kawhi won't play next season).

Everyone ragging on Westbrook but when was the last time we've seen him be a 3rd option, if ever?
    Lakers offense isn't so high powered that they'll be able to overpower everyone, while conversely they seem to have a glaring weakness with transition defense here and switchable defenders. Previously if Caruso or KCP or LeBron or Kuzma got switched on Curry or Lilliard I feel they're capable. Now I'm not sure with half the rotation.

I guess what I'm saying is for those later playoff games when teams have had ample opportunity to scout and exploit all weaknesses in the Lakers offense, there's a chance that team can simply take advantage of the Lakers poor individual defenders as well.

Wow, I get that we're off topic and pretty much all the religious chat was delete-worthy, but I thought we were having a fairly civil chat there about racism without insulting one another. Glad I put all that time into a thoughtful response only for it to be deleted 30 seconds later. Thanks, mods!

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Lakers offense isn't so high powered that they'll be able to overpower everyone, while conversely they seem to have a glaring weakness with transition defense here and switchable defenders. Previously if Caruso or KCP or LeBron or Kuzma got switched on Curry or Lilliard I feel they're capable. Now I'm not sure with half the rotation.

I guess what I'm saying is for those later playoff games when teams have had ample opportunity to scout and exploit all weaknesses in the Lakers offense, there's a chance that team can simply take advantage of the Lakers poor individual defenders as well.
    That's fair, but I also think that the Lakers' rotation will shrink in the playoffs like it does with all playoff teams. If guys can't switch or become huge holes in the defense, they're probably not getting minutes. One of the strengths of that Finals team from the bubble is they had lineups for every matchup. For example, there were series where Dwight and McGee were used a ton and series where they barely played.

I think this roster will be a similar strength. If they need to go small, they can. If they need to run a 7-man rotation with their best defenders, they probably can, even if it's not as solid defensively as the previous teams. I agree with you, though, that the defense will be more of a weakness than it has been in previous years.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Wow, I get that we're off topic and pretty much all the religious chat was delete-worthy, but I thought we were having a fairly civil chat there about racism without insulting one another. Glad I put all that time into a thoughtful response only for it to be deleted 30 seconds later. Thanks, mods!
    Sorry. The personal insults got out of control by some users. I started to move them to a different thread and then decided to just clean it up. You can certainly start the conversation where it belongs.

Kuzma has always been a poor defender, not sure why you keep including him.

Rondo took it to another level on the playoff run offensively and defensively, other guys this year could too.

If LeBron and AD can lock in, they have more than enough around them compared to their opponents to make a title run.

Kuzma has always been a poor defender, not sure why you keep including him.

Rondo took it to another level on the playoff run offensively and defensively, other guys this year could too.

If LeBron and AD can lock in, they have more than enough around them compared to their opponents to make a title run.
    Kuzma is definitely better defensively than Melo easily and possibly better than the mummy of Ariza.

LeBron is older and the team still doesn't compliment him in the best way.

Look, nobody is saying this team is bad. I predicted earlier they could finish 3rd. But without a few more pieces I do not view them as some type of clear runaway favorites to get to the Finals.

Kuzma is definitely better defensively than Melo easily and possibly better than the mummy of Ariza.

LeBron is older and the team still doesn't compliment him in the best way.

Look, nobody is saying this team is bad. I predicted earlier they could finish 3rd. But without a few more pieces I do not view them as some type of clear runaway favorites to get to the Finals.
    Ariza was better than Kuzma defensively as recently as this past season by the advanced metrics, in some categories by a wide margin.

Yeah, that's fine Lakers are stacked and should only be worried about the Nets in a perfect world.

I agree but I wanna say I appreciate you coming forward, bud. I've always value your thoughts on this forum. I hated things got carried away in past but appreciate the peacefulness you brought into our conversations. Again, much respect. I saw your last post but couldn't respond back at the time. Just like to say I don't judge one by their skin but their attitude. I apologize for the tacky name calling and thanks for being civil. So you know, I'm a Hawks fan. Glad to see Collins agreed to the 5yr offer

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Sorry. The personal insults got out of control by some users. I started to move them to a different thread and then decided to just clean it up. You can certainly start the conversation where it belongs.
    I apologize for anything I may have said. I appreciate you doing your job here..

Lol
    That's fair, but I also think that the Lakers' rotation will shrink in the playoffs like it does with all playoff teams. If guys can't switch or become huge holes in the defense, they're probably not getting minutes. One of the strengths of that Finals team from the bubble is they had lineups for every matchup. For example, there were series where Dwight and McGee were used a ton and series where they barely played.

I think this roster will be a similar strength. If they need to go small, they can. If they need to run a 7-man rotation with their best defenders, they probably can, even if it's not as solid defensively as the previous teams. I agree with you, though, that the defense will be more of a weakness than it has been in previous years.
    I agree, and like you said previously, health will be the decisive factor again.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314