Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Don't look now but the Yankees are suddenly 2.5 back from the second wildcard spot

If they sweep up today and vs the Os, I'll bet they are within a game.
    Their schedule gets brutal after that with the Rays, Jays, Sox, a west coast trip vs the Angels and Ms
    A home stand vs the As

There is a ton of baseball and they are actually in the mix. Which angers me because now it matters way more than before
    The team that still worries me because of their offense are the Jays

They got Berrios for the rotation

1. Berrios
    2. Ryu
    3. Ray

Thst is better than our Top 3

And they also got bullie help with Hand.
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    another series win for the yanks keep it going. the last wild card will. be a dogfight utill the last game of the season..

Hmmm....from everything I read here I thought they had no chance.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    could you imagine if it was cole who was pulled after 66 pitches after 4 innings what the outcry would be

They won. Stop your whining.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    The team that still worries me because of their offense are the Jays

They got Berrios for the rotation

1. Berrios
    2. Ryu
    3. Ray

Thst is better than our Top 3

And they also got bullie help with Hand.
    If Severino or Kluber come back then I'll take the Yanks rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Don't look now but the Yankees are suddenly 2.5 back from the second wildcard spot

If they sweep up today and vs the Os, I'll bet they are within a game.
    Their schedule gets brutal after that with the Rays, Jays, Sox, a west coast trip vs the Angels and Ms
    A home stand vs the As

There is a ton of baseball and they are actually in the mix. Which angers me because now it matters way more than before

I have to ask. What schedule are you looking at? They don't play the Jays until September. They don't play the Rays at all.
    The REAL DEAL Yankee fan

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    If Severino or Kluber come back then I'll take the Yanks rotation.
    Have Kluber and Sevy even picked up their gloves yet?

Until I see them in the rotation the Jays are better Eagle!
    My favorite Top 10 Rolling Stones songs
    1. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo ( Heartbreaker)
    2. Gimme Shelter
    3. Miss You
    4. Angie
    5. Sympathy for the Devil
    6. Anybody seen my Baby
    7. Paint it Black
    8. Rock and a Hard Place
    9. (I canít get no) Satisfaction
    10. Undercover of the Night

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Have Kluber and Sevy even picked up their gloves yet?

Until I see them in the rotation the Jays are better Eagle!
    Lol that is why I said "if" they come back. Severino is supposed to start a rehab assignment real soon if not this week, I forget. Kluber should be close to starting one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    What a start by Rizzo, 1st player in Yankee history to reach base 8 times in his first 2 games.. The 2 bombs weren't bad.
    I really hope Gallo has a good day tommorrow so he doesn't start feeling a bunch of pressure.

Gotta be excited we have won the first 2 games and the 1st series since Cash retooled the lineup.

German wasn't bad at all tonight, he clearly didn't have his best stuff but made it work. He's been much better lately.

I was actually impressed with Holmes, he chewed right thru all those RH hitters and made it look easy

It didn't end up costing us, but Torres absolutely has to get that lead runner before worrying about the DP.

Nice job Loaisiga to close it out even with that mistake by Torres. He has really turned into an elite reliever, by WAR he's been the most valuable in the AL

Its great that we have won these games but were playing a last place team. We have to get the rest of the lineup hitting, especially with RISP.

I can't wait to see how this lineup does at full strength. I'd like to see them drop Gallo and let him hit 4th or 5th where he says he's more comfortable. I think they are going to have to get creative with the DH and playing time when everyone gets back because Odor has been hitting way to well to sit him. He's been our best hitter for a month.

Finish the series strong, blow em out and get the sweep.
    Agreed about leaving men on base but even when we were strong before Kluber got hurt we were leaving men on base,that problem seems to have plaqued us for years now.

Bright side? another well pitched game,our starters have really held the fort down,and if we get Sevy and dare i say Kluber back,thats the key! PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING,and good defense. Before Gleyber made that bone head play in the ninth I was thinking how well he's played at short lately,oh well.
    Had to love the job Holmes did tonight,,AND Loaisaga getting out of that jam in the ninth? That showed me stones. Our bullpen did not have the greatest last half of july but I still think it's cause they were overworked.
    Again I keep coming back to our pitching, it's what wins, if our starters can continue on this road this helps take the pressure of the pen.
    Lets take it day by day,who knows? theres still a LOT of problems with this lineup.

BTW anyone else notice that Germann ran harder to first base on his bunt than Stanton ever does???

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKSGUY View Post
    I have to ask. What schedule are you looking at? They don't play the Jays until September. They don't play the Rays at all.
    The schedule I just looked at said 7 with the Jays in September and they close with 3 vs the Rays.
    I was just thinking that still have 4 with the sox, 7 with the Jays and 3 with the rays, all contending teams
    Add to that 4 with the Ms, 4 with the As, 4 with the Angels. All teams still in it, although the Angels are slipping
    And 3 with the White sox, and 3 with the tribe who is slipping but a good run they could get back in it
    And 3 with the both Mets and Braves who will be battling for the division and likely be the one;y team out of the east.

The Yankees have roughly 36 games left against teams who are good and contending.
    They have a bunch vs the Os, Rangers, Twins... But the majority of their games will be meaningful to both teams

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Lol that is why I said "if" they come back. Severino is supposed to start a rehab assignment real soon if not this week, I forget. Kluber should be close to starting one as well.
    I think the sleeper guy in all of the is Schmidt. If he can come back and be solid out of the pen, it will be huge.
    I still wonder if Sevy to the pen would be the best move for this season. I feel the same about Kluber. Use him for a couple innings every two days or so out of the pen. He could go all out and not worry.

Ignorance is bliss

Another K for Gallo. What a difference between his start here and that of Rizzo!

I just read Germann was put on the 10 day with shoulder inflammation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrific job by Monty getting out of that jam!!!

But why is Rizzo leading off? I think I would have had him more in the meat of the order

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    Terrific job by Monty getting out of that jam!!!

Big time. He clearly doesn't have his best stuff today, so the. fact that he's doing this well is great to see.

Ignorance is bliss

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast