Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Clearly if this is who Rizzo really is, he's worth a lot more than his current numbers would suggest. But what exactly do you give a 31 year old first baseman FA who's been trending downward his last 2 years, if they decide to re-sign him? The yankee got a "great deal" out of DJ, only to now look foolish even giving him more than 1 year. DJ looks very much like a 4 million player you go year to year with and worth nowhere near the 15 mil a year they gave him for 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapin78 View Post
    One game in and already on the Web trade block??? I just dont think Cashman would have the nuts to trade him. If he plays well I feel Cashman would be more of an I told you so type of approach. Unless the unfathomable happens and the Yanks get blown away in a trade package for Gallo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right and therein lies the problem. The yankees, with their current "salary cap" are very much running this franchise like they're a small market team, but one of the major tenets of doing that, is that you trade away your veterans for prospects or young players in order to replenish your talent. Cashman either falls in love with some of these players, or he's too afraid to trade them and waits till they either lose all their value or they're up for free agency and a) either has no money to re-sign them, or B) doesn't want to, so in the end, he's left with nothing. What the cubs did was heartbreaking, but it was absolutely the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    why is wade on this team he is wasting a spot get a nice backup in case of injures wade is a minor league player nothing more..
    Cashman has been working feverishly to try and save Wade's job. That's why he gave away Thairo Estrada, Hyun Park and Diego Castillo. Now there's no one immediately left that can replace him, for now. That doesn't spell good news for peraza and volpe.

marlins starter coming into today was averaging 7.9 strikeouts per 9 innings.. he has 10 in 6 innings

Quote Originally Posted by runnermjr1296 View Post
    But why is Rizzo leading off? I think I would have had him more in the meat of the order

dj has a injury dont know how he hurt himself and urshella is injured that why wade is playing

THAT was a heck of a play by Wade

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    That's the reason Wade is on the team. To have a bench guy making those plays and who can run like him is good

Gallo!

Ignorance is bliss

Ump no way! Hes out!

Holmes looks like he's a good BP arm, huge upgrade over Wilson

Rizzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Rizzo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can get used to him

I can get used to him

LOl, yeah he'll due

I keep hearing what a great vocal leader he is also, that is something else we desperately need

Rizzo again, that was a hell of a play

i thank florida for the gift win today

nice comeback win

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    nice comeback win
    And pitching pitching pitching

And pitching pitching pitching

Monty is actually having a really good season. If you look at his and Pettitte age 28 season, Monty is actually having a little better yr.

Holmes look like he was a good pickup, he really has good stuff and with a tweak or 2 and he could be a really, really good BP arm

Brit still scares me, i know he has pitched very much this yr and probably just needs more work, but the command hasn't been great

Chappy looks like he's back which is huge for us. Hopefully for the rest of the yr the BP will be as good as it was to begin the yr

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast