Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,178

    Wilson signs his rookie deal

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ce-sources-say


    Looks like Joe stuck to his guns and Wilson just said F--- It.

    Smart move by him.

    Go jets



    Ignorance is bliss

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ce-sources-say


    Looks like Joe stuck to his guns and Wilson just said F--- It.

    Smart move by him.

    Go jets
    Well, he agreed to the offset, but the Jets accelerated his entire $22.9 signing bonus payment to 15 days from now, so both sides got something.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,178
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Well, he agreed to the offset, but the Jets accelerated his entire $22.9 signing bonus payment to 15 days from now, so both sides got something.
    Yep. But Joe kept the offset so he kept his consistency and that is important in further negotiations. I think it's good that he was able to do that.



    Ignorance is bliss

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,609
    Glad this got done.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,304
    Read an article on espn earlier that said 30 of 32 teams use the offset language (Jax and STL donít normally require it)

    I know there was some complaining in the other thread about the JetsÖbut looks like this is the norm

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Well, he agreed to the offset, but the Jets accelerated his entire $22.9 signing bonus payment to 15 days from now, so both sides got something.
    Thatís a pretty sweet payday
    Properly invested, heís comfortably set for life

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    40,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Thatís a pretty sweet payday
    Properly invested, heís comfortably set for life
    Not even close. He will probably have 12 kids. He needs that second, huge contract to be safe and that's good for the Jets because he will stay motivated



    Ignorance is bliss

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •