Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have to imagine we keep Cesar as a UTIL next season too. 6 million isnít much for a switch hitting, power hitting middle infielder who plays gold glove D

I love the fact that he has an option for next year, picking that up is an absolute no-brainer.
    I wanted Escobar, but this deal, on paper anyway ... is much better. I want to trust Rick Hahn, I really do.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    I love the fact that he has an option for next year, picking that up is an absolute no-brainer.
    I wanted Escobar, but this deal, on paper anyway ... is much better. I want to trust Rick Hahn, I really do.
    He hasnít made a bad move for quite some time. I fully trust him

I'm mostly good with him but Adam Eaton comes to mind, Nomar Mazara, the parrot - whatever his name was.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Have to imagine we keep Cesar as a UTIL next season too. 6 million isnít much for a switch hitting, power hitting middle infielder who plays gold glove D
    Hell if he plays gold glove d and hits 20 plus home runs he's better than the current version of madrigal right?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Hell if he plays gold glove d and hits 20 plus home runs he's better than the current version of madrigal right?

It depends on what we are looking for. Madrigals high average and elite contact has been on display for close to a full Season worth of games. His defense was starting to look as advertised too. But the power from Cesar is a nice plus that Madrigal just doesnít bring

This will definitely allow us to ease Madrigal back though.

It depends on what we are looking for. Madrigals high average and elite contact has been on display for close to a full Season worth of games. His defense was starting to look as advertised too. But the power from Cesar is a nice plus that Madrigal just doesnít bring
    This will definitely allow us to ease Madrigal back though.
    Good points and while madrigal isn't going to be a very high obp guy, a high contact rate and average is always going to be very valuable. Sox have a lot of guys that can hit for power.

I think I was more so frustrated by Madrigal's baserunning and fielding shortcomings.

Don't know why I thought this but I thought he was supposed to be a very good fielder lol

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Madrigal (I think) was a SS in college. His defense early on was a little shaky, but it seemed like he was just hitting his stride. Getting Hernandez was huge, and again - I'd keep him around next year and let Leury be a back-up, I've seen enough of Mendick already.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Perhaps I dreamed this one up, but I thought I read Hernandez this year is one of the worst fielders out there ranking fourth from last.
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Good points and while madrigal isn't going to be a very high obp guy, a high contact rate and average is always going to be very valuable. Sox have a lot of guys that can hit for power.

I think I was more so frustrated by Madrigal's baserunning and fielding shortcomings.

Don't know why I thought this but I thought he was supposed to be a very good fielder lol

He was starting to make some pretty spectacular plays and really cut down the errors. His biggest issue fielding last year and early this year was in the shift. He was struggling to field balls off the OF grass cleanly. He looked to be getting better at that, and often times wasnt playing nearly as deep, so heíd be playing the ball deep off the dirt. Iím sure that was nerves of facing MLB caliber hitters for the first time, ripping bullets at you. He even had a classic Robby Alomar play up the middle before he went down. We were turning a lot of DPs. It has to be taken into account how fast we have been move our college picks to the majors. Most teams early draft picks the last couple years havenít sniffed the league yet. Thatís also why our system might seem weaker then most, but in reality our top specs are already producing in the majors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12